The Eurobricks Reviewers Academy

1531 replies to this topic

#1226 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

The outstanding reviews of the Eurobrick community are a bright star at the sky of the LEGO Universe in the internet. They are fun to read and help others to decide whether to buy a set or not. Strolling through the library of LEGO reviews, I noticed that a lot of LEGO sets of the early 1990s are marked as "review needed". Given that most of my sets are from that time, I would love to do some high-quality reviews for them.

:sadnew: Therefore I ask the Masters of the Eurobricks Reviewers Academy :wub: submissevly to grant access to the halls of the elite.  

:grin:
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#1227 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

View Postfriedchikenfairy, on 28 July 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

I would like to devote my final post as a Vassal to join, please  :sweet:  How long does it generally take?
There is no time limit and it is based on individual progression pace to build up your reviewing skills.

Access granted and welcome to Reviewers Academy.

View Postvaders_child, on 03 August 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Hi guys.

I would like to show my Youtube reviews on Eurobricks.
This thread seems to be the accredited location to ask such a question.
I do not wish to be an academy cadet i just want the ok to show my reviews or give Eurobricks the approval to show them as you wish on this site.
If a mod or admin could please reply to me regarding this question that would be great.
I will respect any decision made and will understand if i am refused the right.
I have included below a link to my Youtube channel, please remove this link if it violates any rules and please accept my appology in advance if it does.
The Brick Box
Thank you for your time guys  :classic:
As you are a very relatively new member and to be honest, it might be perceived that you are wanting to get some traffic to increase your view counts in your YouTube channel for your profile from our Eurobricks community. LEGO Video reviews can be posted but I don't encourage it to do it very excessively, a few will be suffice. Still, at this moment, I don't encourage you to post them in the forum just yet. I will prefer you to get to know the community first.

View PostPsyKater, on 07 August 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

The outstanding reviews of the Eurobrick community are a bright star at the sky of the LEGO Universe in the internet. They are fun to read and help others to decide whether to buy a set or not. Strolling through the library of LEGO reviews, I noticed that a lot of LEGO sets of the early 1990s are marked as "review needed". Given that most of my sets are from that time, I would love to do some high-quality reviews for them.

:sadnew: Therefore I ask the Masters of the Eurobricks Reviewers Academy :wub: submissevly to grant access to the halls of the elite.  
Thank you for your kind words and I will hope you find the Reviewers Academy helpful and useful to your learning.

Access granted and welcome to Reviewers Academy.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#1228 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hi :)

Well, I have no possibilities to acquire sets fast and that's why I am not a right material for the set reviewer, but I would like to learn more about how you make such great pictures - so much light, clearness, every line is visible, and every picture has a white background - I have to spend a day for just one of my pictures, and it looks like it was edited by a child :)

I would love to see how you do it, where do you put lights, what camera modes, how do you do postproduction and similar things

So, if one of those courses is about photographing, I would love to learn more, and thus make Eurobricks even more beautiful place to watch. A link would do, but thread where I can converse would be even better :)

#1229 SquareBricks

SquareBricks

Member: 30131

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

I've lurked around here for a long time and recently created an account. I'd love to start posting reviews of some of my sets but I think I would want to "do it right" by going through the RA first. May I please have access?

Thanks,
SB
Visit SquareBricks.com -- this is my fledgling site covering LEGO news, set previews and reviews, MOCs, and other interesting tidbits from around the web.

#1230 Rufus

Rufus

• Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!

Member: 6705

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostAngeli, on 18 August 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

Well, I have no possibilities to acquire sets fast and that's why I am not a right material for the set reviewer, but I would like to learn more about how you make such great pictures - so much light, clearness, every line is visible, and every picture has a white background - I have to spend a day for just one of my pictures, and it looks like it was edited by a child :)

I would love to see how you do it, where do you put lights, what camera modes, how do you do postproduction and similar things

So, if one of those courses is about photographing, I would love to learn more, and thus make Eurobricks even more beautiful place to watch. A link would do, but thread where I can converse would be even better :)
Hi Angeli,

I'm afraid I can't admit you to the Academy if you don't intend to do reviews; however I appreciate your desire to learn photographic techniques.  I'll discuss this with the EB staff.  In the meantime, do check out this thread; and some other topics in the Tutorials Index might help.

View PostSquareBricks, on 18 August 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I've lurked around here for a long time and recently created an account. I'd love to start posting reviews of some of my sets but I think I would want to "do it right" by going through the RA first. May I please have access?
Access granted, welcome to the Academy!

#1231 Mencot

Mencot

• is not a puppy...

Member: 23524

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

I have followed many great reviews and reviewers "career" here and I would be intrested to try it out. I have done some review before but I am not that good on writing, definitely not in English.
But one question do the sets have to be new sets or can I choose old sets like classic era sets?

*The only True Side is the Blue Side*

MyBricklink store    Myflickr

EB Mafia history:

Aperture Academy Mafia (Mafia school). Silvercity Mafia. CMF Mafia I.  Hinckley´s Minimal Mafia. Ragnarök Now Redux. TrumpetKing´s CMF Mafia 2. Mafia Sunset, Jamesn´s Red Menace Mafia, Def´s The Cosplay (Mafia school), Partylines Mafia, Walter Kovacs Unrest in the forest mafia.

Now playing as:

Cosplay Falcon in Def´s Cosplay II Pelly´s Paradise

Keliim, barbarian in Heroica RPG

#1232 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

great, tnx :)

#1233 BaraSH

BaraSH

Member: 17077

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

I have a lot of different sets and good camera. And I have enough time, of course. Yesterday I've posted some pictorial reviews. Can you advice me, how improve my photos?  One of my pictorial reviews for example. I think, my pics are good, but isn't perfect.

Also photo of this MOC are bad, I think. Maybe, I must use other background? I take pics on this. All the light only from the sun.
My reviews.
My collection.

Sorry for my English!

#1234 Ojik

Ojik

Member: 28648

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

I would love to join. I have only done two reviews so far and having troubles with taking good photos discourages me from doing any other. Both reviews were for my LUG forum and it's not like here. The review there are as dull as the whole forum. Only a few boring pictures that don't worth for all the work with taking and uploding photos. I want to make great reviews for Eurobricks where people appreciate them, and become a signifigant member of this community.

#1235 Lost_In_Noise

Lost_In_Noise

Member: 25107

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

I would like to join this Academy if I'm worthy. I've done some Technic reviews in the past (check my profile), and tend to do some every time I get a new shipment. I want to recieve a more constructive feedback on my reviews, rather than "Great set" and so forth. So where do I begin?
My relationship is... Technical.

Sets

Reviews

#1236 Rufus

Rufus

• Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!

Member: 6705

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostBaraSH, on 23 August 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

I have a lot of different sets and good camera. And I have enough time, of course. Yesterday I've posted some pictorial reviews. Can you advice me, how improve my photos?  One of my pictorial reviews for example. I think, my pics are good, but isn't perfect.

Also photo of this MOC are bad, I think. Maybe, I must use other background? I take pics on this. All the light only from the sun.
The photos in that review show promise!  Just needs some writing.  :wink:

View PostOjik, on 23 August 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

I would love to join. I have only done two reviews so far and having troubles with taking good photos discourages me from doing any other. Both reviews were for my LUG forum and it's not like here. The review there are as dull as the whole forum. Only a few boring pictures that don't worth for all the work with taking and uploding photos. I want to make great reviews for Eurobricks where people appreciate them, and become a signifigant member of this community.
That's the spirit!  :classic:

View PostLost_In_Noise, on 23 August 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

I would like to join this Academy if I'm worthy. I've done some Technic reviews in the past (check my profile), and tend to do some every time I get a new shipment. I want to recieve a more constructive feedback on my reviews, rather than "Great set" and so forth. So where do I begin?
Come aboard!  :grin:

Access granted to all three of you.  Welcome!

Lost_in_Noise, you were already in:

View PostWhiteFang, on 06 June 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

View PostLost_In_Noise, on 06 June 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

I would like to join the Reviewers Academy. I have a camera, and some reviews made. Check my profile. More to come.
Access granted.

Welcome to Reviewers Academy.
You should see a new forum at the top of the board index.  Go in there!  :wink:

#1237 Clone gunner comander jedi

Clone gunner comander jedi

Member: 23248

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

Would I be able to join this? I might be a bit new or inexperienced here but I'm an administrator at Brickipedia and would like to get a bit more active and involved in the community here and I like doing reviews.
Posted Image

#1238 Alopex

Alopex

• RCB Commander too

Member: 8105

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi!

I would like to join! I did a review once, of some M-tron sets here, but I feel I need to work on my review writing skills.
My camera isn't amazing, but its Ok, and I've got some old space sets lying around ready to be reviewed!  :classic:

Posted Image

Won as married Villager Angela Fairfax (aka Little Bunny Foo-Foo) in Slut Cock Applesauce Werewolf Mafia
Died as scummy evil Franklin Fox in Fabuland Housewives!
Died as lazy Ali "Periscope" Perry in Bloodbrick II.
WON as Harley Quinn in Gotham City Mafia
Won as Yakuza stay at home dad Shiro in Yakuza Family Mafia.
Died, but Won as scummydummy Alopex in Eurobricks Mafia.

#1239 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

After thinking for a long time, I would became part of the Reviewers Academy  :classic:. I've never done any review, but I'm ready to learn from the best LEGO reviewer in the internet.  :classic:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#1240 Gauke

Gauke

Member: 28421

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

I would like to join the reviewers academy, I was looking for some reviews of the old sets I have and saw that some of them still need to be reviewed! so I built one of the set, took pictures and was about to post write a review about it then I saw this topic. So I would like to learn the tricks and be useful to this forum

I have some reviews over the Turkish Lego Fan Community Forum, just for your information

7468 Review

7279 Review

7235 Review

Edited by Gauke, 17 September 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#1241 Lost_In_Noise

Lost_In_Noise

Member: 25107

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostRufus, on 23 August 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Lost_in_Noise, you were already in:

You should see a new forum at the top of the board index.  Go in there!  :wink:

The previous sets are submitted in the "Technic.." subforum. Should I submit my new ones in there as well, or in here?
My relationship is... Technical.

Sets

Reviews

#1242 Hey Joe

Hey Joe

Member: 29259

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hi, I'd like to join the Reviewers Academy because I enjoy looking at the quality ones here and I'd like to contribute to the community.

If admitted I would like to start off with doing a polybag set that's not yet been reviewed. It would be an ideal first project I think.

I've got the equipment and most of the skills so I won't be tasking you too heavily (I hope). My weak point is lighting.

Additionally; this is my 100th post in about as many days of being a member of EB. Will you divulge the secret handshake now or is that 500 posts? Ha ha, thanks, Joe

Edited by bjtpro, 21 September 2012 - 10:01 AM.

My family's collection on Brickset: http://www.brickset....?ownedBy=bjtpro

Check out my 1st review; 10250 Creator - Year of the Snake here

#1243 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

• Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostClone gunner comander jedi, on 27 August 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Would I be able to join this? I might be a bit new or inexperienced here but I'm an administrator at Brickipedia and would like to get a bit more active and involved in the community here and I like doing reviews.

View PostAlopex, on 01 September 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Hi!

I would like to join! I did a review once, of some M-tron sets here, but I feel I need to work on my review writing skills.
My camera isn't amazing, but its Ok, and I've got some old space sets lying around ready to be reviewed!  :classic:

View PostWedge09, on 16 September 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

After thinking for a long time, I would became part of the Reviewers Academy  :classic:. I've never done any review, but I'm ready to learn from the best LEGO reviewer in the internet.  :classic:

View PostGauke, on 17 September 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

I would like to join the reviewers academy, I was looking for some reviews of the old sets I have and saw that some of them still need to be reviewed! so I built one of the set, took pictures and was about to post write a review about it then I saw this topic. So I would like to learn the tricks and be useful to this forum

I have some reviews over the Turkish Lego Fan Community Forum, just for your information

7468 Review

7279 Review

7235 Review

View Postbjtpro, on 21 September 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

Hi, I'd like to join the Reviewers Academy because I enjoy looking at the quality ones here and I'd like to contribute to the community.

If admitted I would like to start off with doing a polybag set that's not yet been reviewed. It would be an ideal first project I think.

I've got the equipment and most of the skills so I won't be tasking you too heavily (I hope). My weak point is lighting.

Additionally; this is my 100th post in about as many days of being a member of EB. Will you divulge the secret handshake now or is that 500 posts? Ha ha, thanks, Joe
Access granted. Welcome on-board!

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#1244 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Since my previous post was deleated, I suppose I'll have to ask again, I'd like to improve on my reviewing and photography skills and I meet the three set requirement, could I be allowed to join the Academy?  Thanks. :wink:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Fifth Centurion of Ulandus

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#1245 Jackattack7

Jackattack7

Member: 31623

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I want to join, but I only have a few bytes left for attaching files and images, also I no longer have photoshop. Is that a problem? If so can it be fixed (I mean the first part.)
My Youtube channel, http://www.youtube.c...x?feature=mhee My Flickr account http://www.flickr.co...tack7s_pstream
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ryanjack_1997

Want to buy Hero Factory 2.0, Star Wars clone wars, Power Miners or Atlantis Lego sets. If so check this out:
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=83625

#1246 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostJackattack7, on 03 November 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

I want to join, but I only have a few bytes left for attaching files and images, also I no longer have photoshop. Is that a problem? If so can it be fixed (I mean the first part.)
There are plenty of free image hosting sites, like flickr, or photobucket, or even mocpages. Photoshop is not a requirement. You will want some sort of photo editing software though, I know there are free ones out there. I personally use photoshop, but I believe Gimp is one, some of the other teachers would be able to help you with that for sure.

#1247 Jackattack7

Jackattack7

Member: 31623

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 03 November 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

There are plenty of free image hosting sites, like flickr, or photobucket, or even mocpages. Photoshop is not a requirement. You will want some sort of photo editing software though, I know there are free ones out there. I personally use photoshop, but I believe Gimp is one, some of the other teachers would be able to help you with that for sure.

Ok give me a few days to get it again, I gave it to my friend and I go back to school Monday so I can ask him then, and i'll install it as soon as I get it.
My Youtube channel, http://www.youtube.c...x?feature=mhee My Flickr account http://www.flickr.co...tack7s_pstream
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ryanjack_1997

Want to buy Hero Factory 2.0, Star Wars clone wars, Power Miners or Atlantis Lego sets. If so check this out:
http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=83625

#1248 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostKai NRG, on 12 October 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Since my previous post was deleated, I suppose I'll have to ask again, I'd like to improve on my reviewing and photography skills and I meet the three set requirement, could I be allowed to join the Academy?  Thanks. :wink:

Access Granted.

View PostJackattack7, on 03 November 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Ok give me a few days to get it again, I gave it to my friend and I go back to school Monday so I can ask him then, and i'll install it as soon as I get it.

Access Granted, feel free to read up, there is NO time limit in the Reviewers Academy so don't feel pressured to do anything right away.

#1249 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 03 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Access Granted.
. . .
Thanks!

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Fifth Centurion of Ulandus

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#1250 theultimatetoa001

theultimatetoa001

Member: 32848

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

I got a few sets i can review, So i will try to join.(I say "try" because I have school)How does the academy work? Do i get emails telling me the essential things to do to have a good review,or is it another way?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users