Sign in to follow this  
jindroush

Fire Station

indexed.gif B-PV-2D

Hi,

have a look at my large fire station. It's purely fictitious - I've never been to the real fire station, so there may be things which are illogical :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=140239

All the vehicles are LEGO, except for the large 'tank' car (I'm lacking the terminology here), which is a poor try to imitate Czech Tatra T148. Some of the furniture pieces are taken from Brickshelf, some of them are mine.

Photos are far from perfect. If anybody is interested in any details, let me know, I plan to destroy it on Sunday.

The garage uses my rubber belt powered doors, this version seems to work very nice - and it's cheap, easy to build and ready for 6/8-studders.

Very nice model!

I love the pole and the opening door to see it. The beds, kitchen, showers and other rooms are all nice and detailed. I like the cafe section with the hanging glasses and coffee machine. The TV is very cleverly made too.

Overall, probably the best Fire Station I've seen.

Ok, that is a LARGE one !!!!!!

Great job jindroush, it really looks great !!!!! Not easy to incorporate this in a city :P

I love the detailed interior too !!!! Great furniture !! Btw, the guy that is in the toilets reading his newspaper is just hysterical :D

Well done !!!

Your fire station is great! May I see close-ups of your rubber-band operated doors? Or even better, do you have intructions? I much appreciate it, since I need more garage door ideas instead of buying the pieces produced by LEGO off of Bricklink.

Thanks.

P.S. Your store also looks great! ;)

Your fire station is great! May I see close-ups of your rubber-band operated doors? Or even better, do you have intructions? I much appreciate it, since I need more garage door ideas instead of buying the pieces produced by LEGO off of Bricklink.

P.S. Your store also looks great! ;)

Not sure what you mean by store? *satis*

If you mean my great IKEA storage space, have a look here (don't bother reading the text)

http://www.kostky.org/forum/index.php?topic=684.0

The previous version of doors is here:

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=13410

Should be almost the same as the final used on the station.

Silly me! I must of been not clear enough! I mean the "Village store" in your Brickshelf Folder. It looks quite nice.

Thanks for the garage door pictures!

Ok, that is a LARGE one !!!!!!

I'll say! :o The main fire station where I live is about this size. Most of the trucks are kept at smaller stations spread out across the city. I expected a small station not the headquarters.

I love the landscaping out back. The way it goes down to the beach and the dock for the fire boat I can see this working well for a city with a big river running through it.

This is very nice. I would have used a different color for the garage doors or at least a different color door frame for them to break up the solid red. Maybe a dark gray or white.