REVIEW: 6451 River Response

7 replies to this topic

#1 metalandi

metalandi

Member: 2594

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

It took quite some time, but now i'm finally continuing with city reviews. This one beeing about a really good set of the RES-Q theme, and also one of my favourites of this theme. It brings a lot of playability and an incredible amount of useful pieces, even with only 145 bricks in complete.

Set Nr.: 6451
Name: River Response
Number of minifigs: 3
Number of pieces: 145
Release Year: 1998
Price: ~20 USD (Back then, when it was new)

Unfortunately i haven't got the box of this set anymore, but the instructions are still there in good condition:

Posted Image

We get 3 RES-Q minifigs in this set, from which i really love the detailed torso's:

Posted Image

A shot of the complete set with both the boat and the little car off board:

Posted Image

The before mentioned car is really, really little, but it still got enough space to transport 2 minifigs:

Posted Image

A closeup of the rubber dinghy:

Posted Image

The speed boat as stand-alone:

Posted Image

As already said before, this set brings a big count of equipment and accesoires with it, which is really good for a set this size:

Posted Image

In the middle section of the boat there is enough space for a minifig to sit in and put on his diving equipment:

Posted Image

And last but not least, a shot from the whole set wirh everything attached, at the front section you can see a wench which also adds a lot to the set:

Posted Image

When i got this set back in the day, i was really happy about it and for sure spent a lot of tie playing with it, because of it's great features as the wench in the front of the boat, or the car the boat can transport. I hope you like my little review, stay tuned for more in the next days! :tongue:

edit: I forgot the poll, can sombody add it please? I don't know how to do or if it is possible to do that myself :look:

Edited by metalandi, 15 August 2008 - 03:59 PM.

#2 BoomZhanker

BoomZhanker

Member: 3718

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

This set was my first set ever from the ResQ series, :cry_happy:  And i loved it entirely! Ofcourse i modded it slightly here and there after hours and hours of fun and excitement, It has great play value, even for a set in this size :thumbup:

#3 Skinny Boy

Skinny Boy

Member: 650

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

This is one of my favourite sets. I remember getting it in Tesco soon after it was released. Those were the days... The res-q line was good, and this set made it better.
======================================

Posted Image

FlickR

#4 tin7_creations

tin7_creations

Member: 3001

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

wow. I loved this set, I still have it actually... in pieces though, i took it apart quite soon after i got it, then managed to lose the instruction manual  :tongue:
My Flickr
Posted Image

#5 metalandi

metalandi

Member: 2594

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:12 PM

If you still have all the parts, try to rebuild it, you'll see that it's a great feeling! :wink:

#6 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

Very nice review. This is another set which I had never seen before when I am in my dark age.  :tongue:

Quite an useful set, especially with the accessories and the minifigs' torsos. The speedboat is able to hold the car and the rubber rescue boat. How can the driver steer this boat with so many things blocking the way? I can't seemed to find its control though. Thanks for doing this review.

My BrickLink Store // Classic Town.net // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines || Index of helpful tutorials

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#7 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:38 AM

Nice review.  I always wanted this set.  The speed boat makes the set.  
Thanks for sharing.

#8 bullet8542

bullet8542

Member: 2814

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:59 PM

Well I for one really like this set it has to be one of the nicer ribbies that TLG has made tons of playability and nice options for redesign, Great set overall.

Thanks for the review.   :thumbup: :thumbup:
Do I have a signature?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users