7090 Crossbow Attack

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the set (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your opinion

1. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Below Average (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. Average (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. Above Average (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

5. Outstanding (9 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image
Time for another of the great Castle sets. And yes this one is a great army builder set as well :D

Set# 7090
Set title: Crossbow Attack
Price: 5.29 Euro / 5.99 USD
Pieces: 54
Release: 2007

The Box:
Posted Image
And as the other two sets reviewd so far (7009 and 5615), this one has a fitting box that is too easily snatched from the shelf and put into your shopping cart. - Not sure it's a great thing...too expensive in the end  :laugh::D  

The Crossbow Attack Cart:
Posted Image
Posted Image
The cart is a neat little build that actually works. And for once we're not given that awful technic launcher, but a "build-it" launcher! It actually works just fine for it's purpose. The addition of two crossbows makes it worth buying. Never can get enought weapons for the evergrowing Crownie army.

The Figs:
Posted Image
Oddly I've not taken any pics of the figs and therefore I'll illustrate using the S@H pic. The figs are great. I love the silver helmets and in this set you get 2 crownies and a skeleton plus a white skeleton horse. That's a lot of figs for a set this size. A true army builder. Thumbs up for that.

The All in All verdict:
Another small, yet super set in the Castle theme. I bought several of these to make a fine little army. It's cheap and often found on sale! I can hardly resist buying it when I see it  :grin:
KimT
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

#2 The Cobra

The Cobra

• RA Anniversary that 'jumps' in once a year

Member: 2895

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hard to find (in Italian shops); I had a friend buying one for meas soon as the set was available. I always wanted another one, so while in Switzerland (see KimT's 7009 review for the full story), I bought two.

For 5 €uros you get two knights, a skeleton and a skeleton horse, some hand weapons and a shooting device (please remember, don't aim at the eyes!)

Just great.
Most overread phrase on S@H: "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Italy."

Quick Links: My introduction topic -  My first sets - My LDD MOCs. My Brickset: Have list - Want list. Reviews archive: see About me page.

#3 Mr Spielbrick

Mr Spielbrick

• Worse than iOS 6 Maps

Member: 2148

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:17 AM

This little bugger brought me back from my Dark Ages! As a movie fan, I just couldn't resist the thought of making an animation with living LEGO skeletons (I'm referring to Ray Harryhausen's work on the classic Jason and the Argonauts here). Buying the Indy sets stopped me from getting a lot more Castle sets. Though in time I added the Final Joust, the Wizard and the impulse Knight to my collection, as well as buying more unique figs (King, Princess) from expensive Castle sets off Bricklink.

So yeah. Great little set. Two crownies, a skeleton and a skeletal horse, you just cannot resist that! Even if you hadn't been buying LEGO for 5 years. As far as I'm concerned, this set is One For The Ages! I love it!
Big fan of licensed themes and collectable minifigures.
Still trying to get a short brickfilm out there at some point...

#4 Manta

Manta

Member: 3622

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:24 AM

This is an awesome set in my opinion. I scraped my crossbows for MOCing recently, but the set is still an amazing army builder. For the price for the SW battlepacks, which have 4 minifigs and a cheap vehicle, you get 4 knights ( this is 2 sets to equal the price of a BP ), 2 Skellys and 2 skelly horses, plus 4 crossbows, 4 good wheels, and some other good dark blue and brown pieces for my ever expanding castle town. Great Buy.
So am I still waiting, for this world to stop hating. Can't find a good reason, can't find hope to believe in.
-Sum 41

'Cuz we don't live, We just survive, On the scraps that you throw away
-Rise Against

Now will it matter long after I'm gone? Because you never learned a god****ed thing
-My Chemical Romance

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users