5615 The Knight

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the set (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote your opinion

1. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Below Average (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

4. Above Average (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

5. Outstanding (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image
Having plenty of time on my hands this summer I did some reviews. Yes, I'm aware this has already been done, but I'll just do it once more. No harm there :sweet:

Set# 5615
Set title: The Knight
Price: 2.99 Euro / 3.49 USD
Pieces: 21 (yes a whole 21 bricks)
Release: 2007

The Box:
Posted Image

A neat little box that has a great size for dropping into your shopping cart. For once TLG didn't shove the bricks into an oversized cardboard box  :wink:;)  

The Knight:
Posted Image
This is a great minifig. Though he looks a little unsatisfied...might be because his head isn't put on "all the way". A great army builder fig. The only thing that I find a little annoying is that the "collar" isn't completely rounded. It looks too much like an animation and left-hand work.

The Weapon Rack:
Posted Image
YES! Thumbs up for this. Plate mail, sword, shield and jousting helmet. Plus the spear and open helmet on the fig. So many great additions to put into use. Bring it on pesky skeleton army.

The all in all verdict:
A great set. A little too expensive compared to the Crossbow Attack in which one gets 2 knights and a skeleton plus bricks for 5.49 EURO / 5.99 USD. But still a great army builder set. And the 7090 set, does not have the same Knight fig.

KimT
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

#2 The Cobra

The Cobra

• RA Anniversary that 'jumps' in once a year

Member: 2895

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:33 PM

I bought four of these sets. I guess this was the best selling Impulse set so far. Great idea to have weapons and helmet choice.
As for the price, I'd say 7090 is surprisingly cheap!
Most overread phrase on S@H: "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Italy."

Quick Links: My introduction topic -  My first sets - My LDD MOCs. My Brickset: Have list - Want list. Reviews archive: see About me page.

#3 Mr Spielbrick

Mr Spielbrick

• Worse than iOS 6 Maps

Member: 2148

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:21 AM

Very good set. Indeed the possibility to alter the knight's appearance hugely boosts the value! Very smart thinking of TLC. Got one of these so far, but if I ever do a Castle-related comic or animation, this will be the set I buy tons of.
Big fan of licensed themes and collectable minifigures.
Still trying to get a short brickfilm out there at some point...

#4 Manta

Manta

Member: 3622

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:29 AM

Argh! What I was typing kept getting deleted by my stupid keyboard!!!!!

On Topic:
This looks like a great little set, I could use a few of these, but I haven't seen any at a local store. Too bad for me I suspose  :tongue: . Great review, and I like the green plate on the bottom, never can have too many greens for my small but expanding swamp I'm building. Hope I can pick some of these up eventualy.
So am I still waiting, for this world to stop hating. Can't find a good reason, can't find hope to believe in.
-Sum 41

'Cuz we don't live, We just survive, On the scraps that you throw away
-Rise Against

Now will it matter long after I'm gone? Because you never learned a god****ed thing
-My Chemical Romance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users