History & Adventure MOC index discussion thread

31 replies to this topic

#1 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Long Ranger Constraction

Member: 486

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

The H&A MOC index is a work in progress, so please keep in mind that Sir Dillon, I Scream Clone and I are constantly working on it. Leave all questions and comments about the index in this thread please and we will try to answer all questions and requests as soon as possible. Thanks.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#2 blueandwhite

blueandwhite

• Sandwich Stealer

Member: 481

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

How comprehensive is this index going to be, because particularly when it comes to castle I could envision this entailing literally hundreds of MOCs.  Other than Town/City, Castle seems to be one of the most frequented themes.  Is the index going to focus largely on Eurobricks members or is it also going to entail prominent non-Eurobricks builders?  

I'm only asking because given the nature of LEGO History & Adventure, might it not be better to have a few indexes (ie. Western, Adventure, Ninja, and Castle) rather than a single index that becomes too convoluted to be easily navigated?  Despite my concerns, I do really like this idea and I'm glad to see MOC indexing being featured on Eurobricks as searching for that perfect MOC when you can't recall the builder can be frustrating.

Thanks for the work your putting into this.  It really is appreciated.

#3 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

View Postblueandwhite, on Aug 11 2008, 03:09 PM, said:

How comprehensive is this index going to be, because particularly when it comes to castle I could envision this entailing literally hundreds of MOCs.  Other than Town/City, Castle seems to be one of the most frequented themes.  Is the index going to focus largely on Eurobricks members or is it also going to entail prominent non-Eurobricks builders?  

I'm only asking because given the nature of LEGO History & Adventure, might it not be better to have a few indexes (ie. Western, Adventure, Ninja, and Castle) rather than a single index that becomes too convoluted to be easily navigated?  Despite my concerns, I do really like this idea and I'm glad to see MOC indexing being featured on Eurobricks as searching for that perfect MOC when you can't recall the builder can be frustrating.

Thanks for the work your putting into this.  It really is appreciated.
Hey no problem and thanks yourself!

Well, this will only include MOCs posted on EB and I'm not a fan of having too many indices, so for now we'll just have the one. If we had several we'd have to have an index for the indices and the people would have three EB screens open and it'd be annoying and more difficult to manage and that's basically the reasoning. One index to rule them all...

#4 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

• Returning Nocturnian Master

Member: 2955

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

Wow! Well done Hinckley on a great job! Now I can find all those great castle's that others have made!
Cheers and Thanks for going to this much trouble (oh and adding mine too)

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

#5 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

• Longs for the days of Wooden Ducks

Member: 435

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

I'm glad you like it I Scream Clone, but please try not to post in the actual index. :classic:
"I'm sorry, I don't have the time to build anything that doesn't directly promote me."

#6 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

View PostI Scream Clone, on Aug 13 2008, 05:16 AM, said:

Wow! Well done Hinckley on a great job! Now I can find all those great castle's that others have made!
Cheers and Thanks for going to this much trouble (oh and adding mine too)
Sir Dillon did a lot of work too and he's now in charge of it so don't forget to thank him (and yes, please don't post in the index itself. :tongue:) Thanks!

#7 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

View PostHinckley, on Aug 14 2008, 03:34 AM, said:

Sir Dillon did a lot of work too and he's now in charge of it so don't forget to thank him (and yes, please don't post in the index itself. :tongue:) Thanks!
Cool, Thanks Sir Dillon! :thumbup:
I just figured we needed some permanent praise pinned to the top of the page for the hard work you mods do! (God, what a suck  :laugh: )

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

#8 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:37 AM

Can I said thank you to the both of you?  :sweet:

Thank you Hinckley and Sir Dillion for your consentient efforts to index and categorise the MOCs into one overview index. Best of all, there is an overview picture, reference to it. It's really very nice to see lots of outstanding and excellent creations at one glance.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#9 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

Hi Sir Dillon, would you mind adding my SNOT Mine to the index? Thanks in advance  :thumbup:
ISC

#10 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:45 AM

View PostI Scream Clone, on Aug 16 2008, 06:45 PM, said:

Hi Sir Dillon, would you mind adding my SNOT Mine to the index? Thanks in advance  :thumbup:
ISC
Since we are constantly working on this index and trying to manage our time the best way possible, we ask politely that people don't request their MOCs be added to the index unless a month or so has passed by and it looks like we've actually overlooked it. It may take a few weeks for us to catch up and we may be a little bit more behind now with the Summer Holidays, so please do your best to be patient with us. Thanks! :classic:

#11 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hinck, it has been more than a month, and you still haven't even commented on my latest MOC. You could at least index it, please don't ignore me... :cry_sad:

:tongue: I thought you might need a little reminder. I think there are a few others that still need indexing too, so you guys might want to look into that. Keep up your great work! :classic:

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#12 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

View PostDragonator, on Nov 18 2008, 03:00 AM, said:

Hinck, it has been more than a month, and you still haven't even commented on my latest MOC. You could at least index it, please don't ignore me... :cry_sad:

:tongue: I thought you might need a little reminder. I think there are a few others that still need indexing too, so you guys might want to look into that. Keep up your great work! :classic:
What is this, a PM? :tongue: Sir Dillon is indexing this forum now, so please address your neglect to him. Thank you. As far as your MOC goes, sorry I've missed it. I'll get to that soon, I swear. :classic:

#13 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

I apologize for the slack in the MOC indexing of late. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten... I'll get around to it as soon as I can. :classic:
"I'm sorry, I don't have the time to build anything that doesn't directly promote me."

#14 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:34 PM

View PostSir Dillon, on Nov 18 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

I apologize for the slack in the MOC indexing of late. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten... I'll get around to it as soon as I can. :classic:
You're awesome. Thanks for keeping up the index so well! :grin:

#15 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:55 AM

Here's a couple of my latest MOCs that didn't get added  :cry_sad:  So I made the thumbs for you with links
[url="http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23522"][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Iscreamclone/Castle/ccccvi_001_-_copy.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23776"][img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Iscreamclone/Castle/thumb.jpg[/img][/url]

They are both 128 pix thumbs too.
The first is Waterfall secret hideout, second dragon mosiac.
Cheers

Self Promotion On! :grin:

Edited by I Scream Clone, 19 December 2008 - 09:01 AM.

#16 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:22 PM

Hey ISC, could you please fix the links and images in the first post of your Behind the Veil topic? Otherwise it looks like I'm linking to a blank topic.

#17 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

Posted 19 December 2008 - 10:09 PM

View PostSir Dillon, on Dec 20 2008, 08:22 AM, said:

Hey ISC, could you please fix the links and images in the first post of your Behind the Veil topic? Otherwise it looks like I'm linking to a blank topic.

Thanks Dillon, I had moved all the pics out of Brickshelf and forgotten to check the image links.
Keep up the awesome work mate.  :thumbup:

#18 Sandy

Sandy

• It's definitely not an anagram!

Member: 3211

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

I have a humble request that you could index the rest of my Princess Quest comic's chapters, like you have done for the first six. Direct links are available in my signature, as always. :wink:

Thank you in advance! :wub:

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~

#19 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

I have a humble request that you could index the rest of my Princess Quest comic's chapters, like you have done for the first six.
Done! Thanks for being patient. :classic:

#20 Hinckley

Hinckley

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

Thanks Sir Dillon for keeping up this MOC index so well. We have a lot of active builders in this forum and it's nice to be able to browse their creations with the index. Great work! :classic:

#21 hewkii9

hewkii9

• Can't figure out a sigfig!

Member: 618

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

Wait, what? Am I stepping on an injoke between you and Sir Dillon?

My Brickshelf - My Flickr

I was Amelia Warhog in Mafstraw Manor, Christopher Wilder in Prohibition Mafia, one half of Rocky Broomwell in Hogwarts Mafia, and Hans Keen in Eurodina!

#22 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:46 AM

View Posthewkii9, on Apr 7 2009, 08:23 PM, said:

Wait, what? Am I stepping on an injoke between you and Sir Dillon?
Hinckley was just making another post for me so I can expand the index. :wink:

#23 Matija Grguric

Matija Grguric

Member: 3373

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

Hi!

Could you please add this one to the index?

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=34637

thanks!

#24 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

View PostMatija Grguric, on Oct 23 2009, 12:28 PM, said:

Hi!

Could you please add this one to the index?

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=34637

thanks!
I've been restructuring a few things in the index and as a result have fallen behind on the actual indexing, but your creation will definitely added eventually.

#25 Matija Grguric

Matija Grguric

Member: 3373

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

View PostSir Dillon, on Oct 23 2009, 06:39 PM, said:

I've been restructuring a few things in the index and as a result have fallen behind on the actual indexing, but your creation will definitely added eventually.

Thanks!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users