Black Skull pirate ship

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic  – Started by Tobiasz , Aug 04 2008 04:58 PM

#1 Tobiasz

Tobiasz

Member: 3597

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

Posted Image 58-d
Hi! I'd like to present my latest moc - pirate ship which I called "Black Skull" It was made in classic -pirate style, based at 6285, 6286 and even 6290 set - sails ;) This is my first big pirate ship moc, please comment it, enjoy ;) Posted Image

Posted Image

GALLERY

#2 Admiral Bejaune

Admiral Bejaune
  • Guitar god!

Member: 1964

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

I like this ship. It does have that classic pirate feel as well.  I also really like the brown decking, as well as the smaller details in the captains quarters and the sails.
Well done.
-T
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Introduce a little Anarchy, Upset the Established Order, and Everything becomes chaos!"

"Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all." -Edward Teach

“Lego from BrickLink comes in small plastic bags....... So Does Drugs.” -Captain GreenHair

#3 Dreamweb

Dreamweb
  • Thanks for your contributions!

Member: 396

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

I'd rather classify that as a modification (of the BSB) than a MOC... There's nothing wrong with modifications though - I used to make them all the time a few years ago, and I still have my own modified BSB (although much closer to the original than yours).

#4 Gen. Knowledge

Gen. Knowledge

Member: 3603

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

I like it.  Did you put the holes in the sail?

Posted Image     Posted Image          Posted Image

#5 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

It appears the sails are red versions of the Red Beard Runner sails - are they customs Tobiasz or did they originate from a clone/imitation brand LEGO set?

Posted Image

#6 Dreamweb

Dreamweb
  • Thanks for your contributions!

Member: 396

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

Actually the big sail with Jolly Roger looks like a red version of SES's sail.  :pir-classic:
I think they're customs.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice the holes in the big sail, just in the aft sail. It looks like they're based on BSB's and RBR's sails then.  :pir-classic:

Edited by Dreamweb, 05 August 2008 - 01:04 PM.

#7 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:46 AM

Here's a link to the Red Beard Runner's sail in all its glory.

Would it be too outrageous to suggest the sails on this MOC would be a much better choice for the upcoming 2009 Pirate ship?

Posted Image

#8 SlyOwl

SlyOwl
  • Watch out for Infuriated Isaac's metatarsal!

Member: 2057

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

This is superb.
It's a great cross between the BSB and SES, but what really makes this is the sails (I've never said that before) - adapting the RBR ones to SES shape must have been really difficult, but they look great :thumbup: If only this had been released as a set :pir-wub:
You've managed to keep it looking like a set, whilst having MOC aspects to it, like the expanded crow's nests :pir_kiss: I've always thought that the BSB could have done with some of those yellow 1x2 arches; and you've done them brilliantly!

To the barricades!
Posted Image

#9 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

View PostSlyOwl, on Aug 23 2008, 09:55 PM, said:

It's a great cross between the BSB and SES, but what really makes this is the sails (I've never said that before) - adapting the RBR ones to SES shape must have been really difficult, but they look great :thumbup: If only this had been released as a set :pir-wub:
What is an interesting point - how did you achieve Tobiasz?  The sails look quite professionally crafted.

Posted Image

#10 Asuka

Asuka
  • Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

A fine and very smooth work, well done!  :pir-classic:

#11 Tobiasz

Tobiasz

Member: 3597

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for all comments, the sail with skull is the same as sail in 6289 - I only change colours - all sails in this ship are scans of the sails from 6289 and 6285 set - I  change the colours in photoshop  and print the sails on paper ;)  The sails which are made of paper looks like real lego sails and it is a simply and cheap way to make all lego sails when you don't have real Posted Image

#12 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:47 AM

Very nicely done indeed!   I never would have guessed that you used paper.

I've noticed you've put some work into the presentation as well, I realise you can download border graphics and such, but did you create your own graphics?

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links