Welcome to our latest experiment!
This is how it works:
Users submit their custom smileys between Sunday August 3rd and Saturday August 10th. The following week the best smileys will be selected for a vote off and whichever smiley gets the most votes gets added to our Smiley Collection. There may be up to 5 voting categories depending on the number of entry.
Here's a blank smiley to start you off:
- It must retain the Eurobricks Smiley aesthetic - can't look like it came form somewhere else.
- It must resemble a LEGO pirate, Soldier, Imperial Guard, Islander, Imperial Armada or something Pirate LEGO related.
- It must have a transparent background. You must figure out how to do this otherwise your smiley will be rejected. MS Paint DOES NOT support transparent backgrounds. Looking for a free program that can do the job? download GIMP
- Must be in GIF format. Unfortunately Internet Explorer 6 doesn't support PNG transparency so for this reason PNGs will not be accepted.
- It must be within the standard Pirate Smiley dimensions I.e. no more than 35 pixels wide by 20 pixels high.
- Not all smileys will be selected for the vote off, so if yours doesn't make the poll that's a hint that it needs improving. Revise and try again next round.
- We reserve the right not to add any new smileys to our smiley collection.
- We will determine the number of voting categories and which voting category the smiley is allocated.
- Entrants may enter more than one smiley providing each smiley is substantially different. Variants of the same smiley are not accepted.
- Entrants must number their smileys, even if they only enter one smiley. So the first smiley is "1", the second "2" and so on...
Round one has started
Post your entries in this thread.
Ask them in this thread only
When is the next building competition with real prizes?
There is something BIIIIG in the pipeline. No more shall be revealed at this stage.