Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Anectodes on the event !!!!

Guys,

Here it is, the event is over and we are all back, so I have to start a little insight on those amazing 3 days :oD

What a great time we had, despite the rainy weather !!!! (actually it was rather fun, especially the last day !!!!).

I will enter into more details tonight with pics !!!!!

I really want to thank TT for an amazing organisation *satis* and the event goers (oh boy it was great to meet you finally *satis* ).

OK, since this thread has no use (no replies whatsoever :'( ), I will rename it !!!!

My fellow event goers, here is the place to discuss our event and all the great fun we had !!!!

So I'll start this topic with two stupid anectdotes of the crazy Frenchie aka Yoda hehe

1) Since Yoda is 900 years old he forgets how to install himself on spaceships !!! I got stuck in a rollercoaster car. My leg was stuck under the retaining bar!!!!! I had to cry desesperatly for help !!! How pathetic that was *wacko* Ras who was sitting next to me thought Loooooool

2) Since Yoda is old (I know, I am repeating myself, but there is a purpose !!), he forgets everything about gravity !!! I went with Ras into a kind of Robot arm that turns you in every sense !! That was just excellent !!! However, I did not empty the full content of my pockets, and therefore it was raining coins !! Half of my coins left my pocket when we were upside down !!! Ras was also thinking Loooool.

Those were great times !!!!

Who wants to share other nice stories ???

here's another one on yoda. he arrived at the airport with this HUGE suitcase, i mean, a really really really huge suitcase. the kind you're using when you're going away for an entire month... in fact, it wasn't very much smaller than yoda's hut :P , so instead of fighting for who gets the double bed we should have told yoda to sleep in his own suitcase and be quiet... :P

obviously, when we arrived at Ras' car to take us to the village, we actually had to put the other bags in yoda's suitcase in order to make room for the damn thing in ras' trunk (btw, never sit in the front seat of Ras' car, you never know what might happern, like getting the front window in your face... :P )

so next time, when some one says "behave or we'll put you in yodas suitcase", you know what we're talking about...

it was a cool sight, a small frenchman, dressed in black dragging behind him this huge suitcase, filled with plastic bags for extra lego :P

And there was alot of action at the Pick A Brick:

Yoda And Ras showed they had great mining skills, by making holes in the Big Pick A Brick Box (it was really big, see pics)...

But there was a kid that continued to fill Yoda's Mine...... And Yoda told him not to in English..... But then the kid, who then showed to be German, said: Ha ha I dont understand you, because Im German"...... But then I said: "Ja aber wir sprechen Deutcsh" (Yes but we speak German)....

The kid looked really scared... An run over to his mom..... Who by the way was hiding with alot of Bricks.... Sorting them so she could get the good ones...

Me and Yoda went on a gold-mine-train-ride. It was to slow and borring.

The train went thru tunnels and mines. Everywhere those big "cowboy" lego

golddiggers where standing and said things to the visitors.

At one place there was this "dude" saying,

"I think I have to use the dynamite"!

Me and Yoda said in choir (more shoted),

"YEAHHH do that!!!!".

Last day it was raining alot, and then came the sun for a while, and then the rain.

All day was like this.

At one point "KimT" came up with the idea that we AGAIN should take this gold-mine-train.

We had the whole train for our self. KimT told me to take command of the engine.

The only carriage that had a roof by the way was the engine.

Remember the rain, sun thing?

We just started the ride when the rain started to pour.

Everybody was complaining exept me :-D

After this ride Kimt said, "Lets take the "monorail" instead. It has roof to all the carriages".

We ran to the "monorail" and got a emty train. Again!

When the train started, the rain came into the carriages from the side.

So we all was standing up so close as we could under the roof to get as little rain as possible.

Yet another brilliant idea from KimT ;) . He is now degraded and can

Fortunately I remember the end of the fire fight. The Danish team came in first with applause from the LEGO employee and the foreign team didn't finish until at least half a minute later. We even said you could have a rematch - but Yoda said something about the French never fighting a lost cause twice.

As for the idea of me suggesting the ride in the gold mine train and the monorail, I've only got this to say (adapted from several American Presidents): "I have no recollection of that incident".

KimT

:$

That was a fun post Kim!

I laughed hard!

We really had a great time.

But as all can see here there was something wrong with the competition.

A quote from Kim him self:

The Danish team came in first with applause from the LEGO employee

The contest was set up by the employees to get their countrymen look good.

This is my two cents ;)

I totally agree with you Ras, the game was tricked from the beginning !!!!

The brakes of our firetruck were defective and one of our water hose was not working sufficiently !!!

Kim, I really don't remember saying such a stupid thing as "the French never fighting a lost cause twice" :P

I totally agree with you Ras, the game was tricked from the beginning !!!!

The brakes of our firetruck were defective and one of our water hose was not working sufficiently !!!

Kim, I really don't remember saying such a stupid thing as "the French never fighting a lost cause twice" :P

i would have to agree with this.

first, the game was in denmark, the referee was danish and we played against a danish team...

this is my theory:

we, the team of international stars, arrived first at the burning house. at that point, Danish High Command was very upset. After all, Kim and Morton are part of Danish Military Reserve units, so a defeat by three people who, in fact, never even saw each other before the event, would severly damage the reputation of the Danish Army. The danish army would become a joke. i can already see terrorists in iraq saying: "let's not use bombs this time, guys, we're fighting danish troops here, let's just set a few buildings on fire. that'll keep them busy for the rest of the day..."

that is why Danish High Command told the lego people to fix the game...

we can always have rematch in windsor, the point is, will kim and morten have the guts to do this game in another country? my guess is they will use some lame excuse, like "we're going to afghanistan in september to help people over there, so we can't go to windsor" :P

Here is another funny anectdote !!!

Our Master of Event, aka TT, made several gifts all wrapped up. We had a first round to see who picked the gifts first. I was just before Ras who was last.

One of the two remaining gifts really looked as a small SW set !!!! I simply loved the look on Ras' face when I picked that one. I opened it, being sure it was effectively a SW set.

Surprise, it was the Gammeroan guard set !!! Yeahhhhhhh I thought, until TT told me that the package was already opened! !! I started to think, this does not sound good at all.

And inside the SW set was the following pic (arghhhhhhhhhhh) !!!!! What a great sense of humour this TT has :D I could have included this post in the Humour forum with a title such as "Whats wrong with the picture" ;)

post-13-1124450935.jpg

TT warned us about one really bad surprise... i was number three, i think, to pick a surprise pack. it turned out to be a bionicle set, my first ever! My first thought was "oops... this must be the one, the terrible set.", especially because the first surprise Morten picked out was a very cool car (i think the small car from the firefighting theme)... then tt suggested that getting the bionicle set was not as bad as it seemed... ;)

then, it was Kim's turn and that more or less, saved the day. he got a duplo cow! from that point on, thru out the weekend, morning 'till night, we fooled around with Kim and his cow, like "hm... Kim, nice viking longboat! i'll tell you what: if you remove the canon, you actually have some room to put your cow in... :P poor kim, that creature must be giving him nightmares...

in the end, tho, it was yoda who couldn't keep his hands off the bionicle creature. we practically had to give him a straightjacket to keep him away from the set! he didn't toutch his playmobil set, tho :P

Yes i Agree Sne, Yoda must be an Bionicle Fan, He played with your set and its spinner all the time ;)

First of all I'd like to say that there's nothing wrong with Duplo in fact I belive it to be a very succesful part of the TLC corporation......Arh nuts who am I trying to fool... I took the damn box, believing it to be great. Until I held it in my hand and it felt kinda "different" from other LEGO system boxes... Then I knew I was in a tight spot and when TT said something about a BAD box - Well that's when I got real scared.... Opening the box thinking "don't be Belville or Playmo" *devil* I was kinda happy a first and then the teasing started Duploman, how's the cow and so forth... >:( Fortunately there was a Bionicle set :| and a playmo set to save the day :oD - Thanks TT for rigging the game and giving the really bad ones to the foreigners

*satis* *satis*

KimT