Sign in to follow this  
ZeeK

The Police Van

indexed.gif V-LP-2A

Hi there!

The van was built after a number of attempts to create a 7-wide car platform.

Why "7"? To make additional space for two sitting mifigs.

General view:

2585883135_19d2a470cc.jpg

Removable roof parts - add "playability" (actually I was surprised with the fact that it can be used a a toy)

2585883143_1ee764d30e.jpg

The crew has taken the places.

2585883147_6817636f4c.jpg

Sliding door - seen on Brickshelf

2585883151_25f1371b12.jpg

The clubs holder :)

2585883149_5250a23a19.jpg

Front cabin - ordinary 7wide - 6wide transition to match 6wide windscreen.

Notice the "reverse" doors and mirrors.

2585883139_80f1a6d70d.jpg

Rear compartment - holds crew's stuff like weapons/shields. Can be used to keep 2 police dogs: K-9, you're welcome.

2586744976_f5a24ffffe.jpg

"Handle anti-globalists with care!"

2586744978_da95156805.jpg

"Ready! Steady! Go?"

2586744980_20d81be0dd.jpg

Boarding in progress. I love these guys!

2586744986_2b9b071d93.jpg

Building Instructions ( !!! 8 Mb traffic on Russian LEGO fan forum !!!)

Any opinions?

Edited by Phred

Brilliant work, Kobe! :wub:

7-wide, I´ve never tried that. But your design is both elegant and functional.

On first sight I thought the cabin in the back woul have been a bullpen (never used that expression before...).

But the idea of a "stuff" compartement is great, the crew is ready for instant action.

Let them go! :grin:

Brilliant work, Kobe! :wub:

But your design is both elegant and functional.

Thank you very much! Can't make myself disassemble it for a month.
On first sight I thought the cabin in the back woul have been an bullpen (never used that expression before...).
Since there's 7245 Prisoner Transport, and 7744 has K-9 Van (too small, but it's K-9) this vehicle is supposed to be an addition to my police-shelf garage ;)
But the idea of a "stuff" compartement is great, the crew is ready for instant action.
The author of the rear "closet" is 5-year old - he's broken down the first version, so I had to rebuild it to let the kid play without destroying the whole van.
Let them go! :grin:
I'll. The guy with "Police" on the back actually is from 7031 World City helicopter, so the copter needs a pilot anyway :)

Many thanks for the response!

"Handle anti-globalists with care!"

hahaha, that's evil!!!

As for the van - it's great!!! :thumbup: Very creative and realistic! I like it a lot!

Nice work! :thumbup: i like how it can fit equipment + several mini-figs in the back :thumbup: nice work especialy with the 7-wide i can never seem to do 7 lol or 5 or any odd number :wacko:

Great work as well... Actually, TLG missing SWAT van.

Ну что, тиражируешь модель по форумам?))

Great work as well... Actually, TLG missing SWAT van.
The exact purpose of the van is determined by the stuff in the rear compartment. I think that addition of BrickArms stuff like sniper rifles/ submachine guns can really turn the van into the S.W.A.T. vehicle (not the APC, though).
Ну что, тиражируешь модель по форумам?))
Yup. The internationl response/critics can be very useful. Also it seems that 7-wide CITY vehicles are not too common. Edited by kobe

I love this one! :wub: Function are very interesting and novel! You very talented, Kobe!

By the way, were you thinking of adding some blue body armour

Yes, these vest are the best. The negative side is that even BrickLink has a very short list of this part. It seema that the person who has made the photo posted above has bought ALL blue vests ;)

Also to make these guys look like the actual assault squad, it's possible to use samurai's armor. Though I have a very limited supply of this par (1 item so far), so I'd have to order a lot of accessories from all over the world. It takes time and money - so there will be updates, approximately in 2-3 months (I promise, I won't demolish the van)

Lovely, absolutely lovely. The 7-wide building techniquea are all interesting, and with the compartment at the back and the rmoveable roof it's both superb to look at and highly playable.

You've made me want to experiment with 7-wide now...

That's simply perfect, kobe! :oh:

I really :wub: :wub: :wub: this City MOC. That's something TLG realy should do! :wink:

Excellent design, very nice interior and additional stuff and nice minifigures! :oh:

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

BTW: From where did you get those bucklers for the police men? They look brilliant! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

BTW: From where did you get those bucklers for the police men? They look brilliant! :thumbup:

Oh, this is a story to tell...

Actually i was sure that the squad like this shold be ready to deal with riots. So it was pretty obvious that they SHOULD have shields.

Then I studied the LEGO parts and also I looked through my surpluses. Also I recalled the only time i visited police museum (I was 11 then) and I realzed that only octagonal shields will do).

There were two options - buy a number of new castle shields like this one:

x1843px1.1199500086.jpg

or use my own shields that come from set 8781 The Cstle of Morcia:

x1197.1107730028.jpg

Since the shields from the set had patterns, the stickers were applied and shields became almost white (meaning that Sirs Jayko, Danju, Raskus and Santis lost certain amount of their protection).

then i attached 2*1 plate with "POLICE" pattern to the stud on the shield.

And that's it.

Not too creative, but the only set that has unpatterned octagonal shield (8777) was not availabe at the moment of construction.

Since the competition (yeah, this MOC won a "best CITY emergency vehicle" title in Russian LEGO forun contest) allowed to use custom stickers, it was okay.

Edited by kobe