53 replies to this topic

#51 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:32 PM

omg they replaced the guns with cages!! haahhahahahahahhahahahahha

edit: shouldn't this be  here ?

hey bloodjay, told you there were european dinos  ;)

#52 snefroe

snefroe

• waisted plastic

Member: 230

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:16 PM

this must be the weirdest theme ever released by tlc.

i like the two small cars, but i guess it's pretty hard to do anything wrong in designing 20-piece models
i like the humvee as well, even tho the car should have been two studs smaller... i might buy this one, guns or not. the car looks better without them, anyway...
the tank is weird. i'm not really sure what the chief designer was thinking when he came up with this, my guess is that he was drunk... :P the tracks look strange to me, and the mobile cage does not convince me. the entire set lacks details and uses parts that just don't appeal to me, like the red slopes...
the small dinosaurs might be interesting for a laboratorium scene or a zoo, but the large ones don't look like they're made by tlc at all
i'd like to see the helocopter from up close before i decide what to do with it. still, it seems to lack the sophistication of other large airborne models, like the second slave I...

#53 MattZitron

MattZitron

• Tartaneer

Member: 213

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:23 PM

snefroe1, on Aug 3 2005, 04:16 PM, said:

this must be the weirdest theme ever released by tlc.

i'm not really sure what the chief designer was thinking when he came up with this, my guess is that he was drunk... :P
Does noone read what I write?

The tank is based on the anti Kaiju (Japanese Giant Monsters) vehicles in Toho Movies.

I'm not 100% on that, but if you watch them, and then look at that, they're very similar.

And I like the insane design.  

The only problem (as I see it) with this range is the Dinos.

#54 snefroe

snefroe

• waisted plastic

Member: 230

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:52 PM

i still feel that this theme came more or less "out of the blue". i didn't see it coming, especially with all the other monster/dino type of themes.

if it really does refer to toho movies, then i'd say it's a shame that tlc copies , or whatever you call it, themes, styles, ideas,... that already exist in the world and minds of young people... i think they're at their best when they themselves come up with themes and ideas, the sw licence being the exception.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users