Jump to content


Bionicle 2009 Images and Discussion


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
8591 replies to this topic

#151 Gunnar

Gunnar

    Posts: 637
    Joined: 20-January 08
    Member: 2542

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:17 AM

I translated what I could from Latin.

"Malum" is "evil, misfortune, misdeed, crime, injury, damage."
Skrall isn't Latin
Gresh is "pace, the ability to walk"
Tarix isn't Latin
Strakk is "massacre, bloodbath, carnage, debris"
Vorox is "to eat greedily, swallow up, consume, gorge oneself"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure these are all villains. They wouldn't split heroes and villains 4 and 2 per group. Let's check the small sets:

Atakus isn't Latin, but may be similar to English "Attack"
Raanu isn't Latin
Tarduk is "slow, late, tardy, sluggish"
Berix isn't Latin
Is that "Metus?" The pictures are too blurry...
Zesk isn't Latin

Can't tell with them.

EDIT:

Quote

Mata Yellow.
Which one?
Also, don't forget Berix's light blue. Haven't seen that since, what, 2003? Or was that on one of the Visorak...?

Edited by Gunnar, 21 August 2008 - 12:20 AM.


#152 Shine

Shine

  • Cousin It !!


    Posts: 602
    Joined: 31-January 07
    Member: 1315

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

View PostGunnar, on Aug 20 2008, 06:17 PM, said:

Also, don't forget Berix's light blue. Haven't seen that since, what, 2003? Or was that on one of the Visorak...?
Thok, actually.

#153 Ecto

Ecto

    Posts: 317
    Joined: 23-November 05
    Member: 549
    Country: USA

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:36 AM

Mata Yellow on I believe the Blue Canister and the Red Impulse.

#154 Gunnar

Gunnar

    Posts: 637
    Joined: 20-January 08
    Member: 2542

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:37 AM

View PostShine, on Aug 21 2008, 01:30 AM, said:

Thok, actually.
Oh, yeah.
And, uh... Matoro...

Still.

...

Well we haven't seen it on a blue character in a while!

Anyways, though "Atakus" isn't Latin, "Atticus" means "of great importance." Maybe he's the leader of the other small sets?

Quote

Mata Yellow on I believe the Blue Canister and the Red Impulse.
It looks a bit orange-ish on the Impulse set to me. And I'm very sure that's gold on Tarix.

Edited by Gunnar, 21 August 2008 - 12:41 AM.


#155 Ecto

Ecto

    Posts: 317
    Joined: 23-November 05
    Member: 549
    Country: USA

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:28 AM

I've looked again at the Blue Canister and agree it's most likely Gold (we can still hope, though!), but on the Red Impulse it really appears to be yellow. We'll see.

#156 Bundalings

Bundalings

    Posts: 1028
    Joined: 19-August 08
    Member: 3754
    Country: USA

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:11 AM

View PostEcto, on Aug 20 2008, 03:28 PM, said:

I've looked again at the Blue Canister and agree it's most likely Gold (we can still hope, though!), but on the Red Impulse it really appears to be yellow. We'll see.
Yeah, it's gold on both the blue ones, and, sadly, it's keetorange on the red.

Man, dark red and keetorange, IMO, is one of the worst color schemes ever. Ah well. I don't really like the design on those two sets anyway.

Really, though, I love almost all these sets. The only ones I don't like are the two reds, the small black, the titan green (even though that mask would make a great Nidhiki face), and the canister green, to an extent. All the others look lovely...

They all bring something fresh, while still being true to my idea of Bionicle. Also they remind me of Slizers... dunno why though. Maybe 'cause they're so awesome. =P

And has anyone noticed that game looking thing? It appears to be one of the new-style tread cogs, with numbers and symbols printed on it... hmm... you can see it connects to the white one's butt and the tan (tan!) one's heel. Looks cool.

And I like the little spore things... at first I thought they were a new piece, but now I think they're zamors with holes in 'em that you stick the viking horns in. Dunno though.

Does anyone have a full page picture? My mom speaks spanish and she could probably translate it. : )

Whew! Long post. Sorry if I missed something, I haven't had time to read through all the pages.

~Bunda

Eeyup.

Posted Image


#157 S-N

S-N

    Posts: 335
    Joined: 06-January 08
    Member: 2397

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:19 AM

View PostBundalings, on Aug 21 2008, 02:11 AM, said:

Yeah, it's gold on both the blue ones, and, sadly, it's keetorange on the red.

Man, dark red and keetorange, IMO, is one of the worst color schemes ever. Ah well. I don't really like the design on those two sets anyway.

Really, though, I love almost all these sets. The only ones I don't like are the two reds, the small black, the titan green (even though that mask would make a great Nidhiki face), and the canister green, to an extent. All the others look lovely...

They all bring something fresh, while still being true to my idea of Bionicle. Also they remind me of Slizers... dunno why though. Maybe 'cause they're so awesome. =P

And has anyone noticed that game looking thing? It appears to be one of the new-style tread cogs, with numbers and symbols printed on it... hmm... you can see it connects to the white one's butt and the tan (tan!) one's heel. Looks cool.

And I like the little spore things... at first I thought they were a new piece, but now I think they're zamors with holes in 'em that you stick the viking horns in. Dunno though.

Does anyone have a full page picture? My mom speaks spanish and she could probably translate it. : )

Whew! Long post. Sorry if I missed something, I haven't had time to read through all the pages.

~Bunda
Yeah, I speak Spanish, so I could translate it too if you want. :)

Posted Image


#158 VBBN

VBBN

  • Teaching is made up of patience


    Posts: 4950
    Joined: 27-May 07
    Member: 1621
    Country: United States

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

I could translte it as well. I learned French and Spanish in school(mostly french)

I actualy like Keetorange and red, but only once in a while.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

^Click to View^


#159 Gunnar

Gunnar

    Posts: 637
    Joined: 20-January 08
    Member: 2542

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

AGGGGHHH I WANT SKRALL

#160 Bundalings

Bundalings

    Posts: 1028
    Joined: 19-August 08
    Member: 3754
    Country: USA

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:29 AM

View PostGunnar, on Aug 20 2008, 04:26 PM, said:

AGGGGHHH I WANT SKRALL
I would rather have Strakk or Vorox... Tan!

I don't really like Tarix's head... too noble, from these pics. =/

Does Strakk remind anyone else of the Megablox Dragons series? I think it's the face/shoulders...

~Bunda

Eeyup.

Posted Image


#161 Lluvio

Lluvio

    Posts: 1
    Joined: 21-August 08
    Member: 3783

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:32 AM

And so the wait begins anew.

Vorox and Zesk win.  So much.

Edited by Lluvio, 21 August 2008 - 02:33 AM.


#162 Gunnar

Gunnar

    Posts: 637
    Joined: 20-January 08
    Member: 2542

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:46 AM

View PostBundalings, on Aug 21 2008, 03:29 AM, said:

I would rather have Strakk or Vorox... Tan!

I don't really like Tarix's head... too noble, from these pics. =/

Does Strakk remind anyone else of the Megablox Dragons series? I think it's the face/shoulders...

~Bunda
Strakk reminds me of the faces in the backgrounds of the Slizer packages.

And the Roborider faces remind me a bit of Antroz.

#163 Bundalings

Bundalings

    Posts: 1028
    Joined: 19-August 08
    Member: 3754
    Country: USA

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

View PostGunnar, on Aug 20 2008, 04:46 PM, said:

Strakk reminds me of the faces in the backgrounds of the Slizer packages.

And the Roborider faces remind me a bit of Antroz.
Hmm, true. How have I never noticed that face on Ski's package before? O_o

I love Strakk...

~Bunda

Eeyup.

Posted Image


#164 S-N

S-N

    Posts: 335
    Joined: 06-January 08
    Member: 2397

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

View PostBundalings, on Aug 21 2008, 02:29 AM, said:

I would rather have Strakk or Vorox... Tan!

I don't really like Tarix's head... too noble, from these pics. =/

Does Strakk remind anyone else of the Megablox Dragons series? I think it's the face/shoulders...

~Bunda
Well, Tarix could always end up being a good guy. :P

Posted Image


#165 Gunnar

Gunnar

    Posts: 637
    Joined: 20-January 08
    Member: 2542

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:20 AM

View PostS-N, on Aug 21 2008, 04:15 AM, said:

Well, Tarix could always end up being a good guy. :P
Well, Vorox, Strakk, and Skrall all seem visibly to be the villains, and, while the other three look fairly benevolent, keep in mind that Malum means "evil" in Latin. I tend to doubt that they'd release both villains and heroes at once, but in unequal numbers. Personally I hope these characters are all either villains who don't always look it, or a group of morally ambiguous characters.

#166 JINZONINGEN73

JINZONINGEN73

  • Da Mecha Bay


    Posts: 2366
    Joined: 25-October 05
    Member: 516
    Country: USA

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:24 AM

Hands! Bionicle!

Posted Image

I swear to christ, if I was a girl I'd be squeezing my nipples right now.

Never shall a Riotflea have simpy circles for hands ever again!

Posted Image

I feel like making a gif of me yelling, "megabluck YEAH!".

Screwit, that'd just take time away from me actually yelling it for real.

Posted Image

I'm really liking what I'm seeing. The zamor-sized things with holes all over them... sweet Hades what you could moc with just that part.
O__O

All those parts in all those nice colors.
And yeah, finally, the things that SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE BACK IN THE THE SLIZER/THROWBOTS days, HANDS.

I have no doubt in my mind that if one were to go back in time and have Lego put those hand elements on the Slizers, that THEY might have been as popular as Bionicle.
Face it, things were VERY stupid for VERY long in regards to this.
Like when the first Bionicle movie images came out, you see Tahu Nuva with hands just like this,,, but then you get the set and it's a BALL JOINT?!?

Man, Lego took their freaking time, but they finally made them.  :classic:
If fluoride isn't dangerous, why was it added to the water in the Russian gulags and by the Germans during world war 2 to make the prisoners "apathetic" to what was going on around them?
Posted Imagehttp://www.astralwer...ix/default.html Posted Image

#167 S-N

S-N

    Posts: 335
    Joined: 06-January 08
    Member: 2397

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:25 AM

View PostGunnar, on Aug 21 2008, 03:20 AM, said:

Well, Vorox, Strakk, and Skrall all seem visibly to be the villains, and, while the other three look fairly benevolent, keep in mind that Malum means "evil" in Latin. I tend to doubt that they'd release both villains and heroes at once, but in unequal numbers. Personally I hope these characters are all either villains who don't always look it, or a group of morally ambiguous characters.
Well to me, Strakk, Malum, and Vorox seem to me that they're are the villains, while the others are the good guys.

Also, if you look at the masks, they all seem...more movie like.

Posted Image


#168 Gunnar

Gunnar

    Posts: 637
    Joined: 20-January 08
    Member: 2542

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:44 AM

View PostS-N, on Aug 21 2008, 03:25 AM, said:

Well to me, Strakk, Malum, and Vorox seem to me that they're are the villains, while the others are the good guys.

Also, if you look at the masks, they all seem...more movie like.
Skrall looks pretty evil to me...
But then again, so does Onua Mata, Nuparu Inika, Onua Mistika, and a large quantity of the black sets. So I suppose it's a bit too soon to judge.

#169 InnerRayg

InnerRayg

    Posts: 314
    Joined: 26-April 07
    Member: 1548

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:18 AM

If they're gladiators, it's my opinion that none are "evil" or "good", just all fighting for whatever it is they are fighting for.

#170 Bundalings

Bundalings

    Posts: 1028
    Joined: 19-August 08
    Member: 3754
    Country: USA

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

Look closely: Skrall has black Kalmah armor, and I think waist articulation. =D

~Bunda


Edit: Does he have red pins? O_o

Edited by Bundalings, 21 August 2008 - 04:20 AM.

Eeyup.

Posted Image


#171 Antrozek

Antrozek

    Posts: 529
    Joined: 19-August 08
    Member: 3757

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

hey, im argentinian, so i speak spanish. if you found bionicle 2009 sets descriptions in spanish there, i will traduce it to te english for you
ASDASADFSGFSDASFDGDAFADGFADGAFDAGFADGAFFGAGHFGADSGADG

#172 The Dor

The Dor

  • Hero Quality Assurance


    Posts: 486
    Joined: 10-February 08
    Member: 2718

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:23 AM

Wow... this is the earliest I've seen leaked images... which is bad for lego probly. but it hypes me up more. :D

So the actual sets... are way awesome. Great mix of old + new peices for the effect of Bionicle sets... while not entirely looking like they're from the Matoran Universe. LOVE Strakk's new torso build... w/ a Matoran connection peice as the connector between hips and Inika torso... Reminds me of Mantax, except good. Rebuilt it in my peices already, and love it sooo much.

About the hands: Love them. They aren't necessary, but I like the feel they give the series. I also like the fact that there are sets that don't have them, such as Malum. Love Zesk and his cute four-leggediness.

About the rest: The spiked balls? Weird. Dunno how you'll be able to shoot them... but I like finally having a consistant launcher... the Zamor... If they're gonna have projectiles, at least have them be able to be interchanged. Other weapons? YES. Dual weapons return, while still pleasing the young'ns with the launchers. Good move on LEGO's part. Gresh has a really big torso flaw with the armor bumping out too far... easily fixed by puting the claws on top of the armor.

Overall, really excited for all of these things.

#173 Antrozek

Antrozek

    Posts: 529
    Joined: 19-August 08
    Member: 3757

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:31 AM

fero and skimix:
fero and skimix represents a imponent big creature, very muchs attractives designs for the 2009 dvd film
ASDASADFSGFSDASFDGDAFADGFADGAFDAGFADGAFFGAGHFGADSGADG

#174 JINZONINGEN73

JINZONINGEN73

  • Da Mecha Bay


    Posts: 2366
    Joined: 25-October 05
    Member: 516
    Country: USA

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:36 AM

I can't tell from the pics, but I sincerely hope those new hands allow the axle to go ALL the way through, not just stopping halfway.

Even so... it's a welcome part that's worth adjusting to.

Lol... 3 fingers. Most cartoony. But again, still welcome.

As psyched as I am for these new sets, I still want to get a few more (well, duplicates) of the bad guy Mistika. Not the heroes of course, they're pretty lame.

Quote

The Dor   Posted Today, 10:23 PM
   Wow... this is the earliest I've seen leaked images... which is bad for lego probly. but it hypes me up more. :D

Sad fact: Lego thinks people actually like THEM officially releasing new pics instead of fans get fired up and happy seeing them 6 months in advance.

Strange, backwards thinking, but they really do believe this.
If fluoride isn't dangerous, why was it added to the water in the Russian gulags and by the Germans during world war 2 to make the prisoners "apathetic" to what was going on around them?
Posted Imagehttp://www.astralwer...ix/default.html Posted Image

#175 S-N

S-N

    Posts: 335
    Joined: 06-January 08
    Member: 2397

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:09 AM

View PostJINZONINGEN 73, on Aug 21 2008, 04:36 AM, said:

I can't tell from the pics, but I sincerely hope those new hands allow the axle to go ALL the way through, not just stopping halfway.

Even so... it's a welcome part that's worth adjusting to.

Lol... 3 fingers. Most cartoony. But again, still welcome.

As psyched as I am for these new sets, I still want to get a few more (well, duplicates) of the bad guy Mistika. Not the heroes of course, they're pretty lame.



Sad fact: Lego thinks people actually like THEM officially releasing new pics instead of fans get fired up and happy seeing them 6 months in advance.

Strange, backwards thinking, but they really do believe this.
Three fingers? I was pretty sure a I saw thumb on Terix...

Edited by S-N, 21 August 2008 - 05:12 AM.

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users