Sign in to follow this  
Duke

Wizard Bridge

indexed.gif

Allow me to present the unimaginatively named 'Wizard Bridge'

dsc00500.jpg

A tower rests over a deep valley, and the crossing is ruled over by a wizard. There are no steps up to the tower levels, but I have used smooth circles to respresent 'teleport' pads.

dsc00503.jpg

The aim was for it to look hewn out of rock from the base.

dsc00495.jpg

Here are some details of the rock face:

dsc00502.jpg

And the wizard himself.

dsc00499.jpg

The tower parts are removable to reveal a crystal ball and an owl.

dsc00508.jpg

dsc00509.jpg

Some views of the banks:

dsc00511.jpg

dsc00512.jpg

The rest of the gallery is HERE and the shameless self promotion of another MOC i just posted is HERE.

Cool, Duke! I love the teleport pads. And the removable towers are cool as well. :classic::thumbup:

Wow. :thumbup: I really like the way you made the tower into seperate parts and I think you did a great job of creating a rocky base; it really looks like the tower's foundation was carved straight out of the stone. I also liked the inclusion of the warning signs on either end of the bridge. Mr. Wizard wouldn't want to have to teleport down and verbally warn every passerby that approaches his river-crossing domain

If you could create the illusion of the 'river' flowing I think it would send this MOC over the top.

Welcome fellow Tower fan, you want shameless self promotion, check out my Tower then!

The rest of the gallery is HERE and the shameless self promotion of another MOC i just posted is HERE.

Very nice!, I really love the modular design of the Tower. The use of Red and Dark red tiles is really nice as it lifts the whole build a little. I like the teleport pad idea, and the interior is really a nice touch.

Im also a fan of mixing light and dark bley to get a bit more texture.

Couple of small critiques, (nothing major :wink: ) im a real fan of Snot water so i always like to see some smoothness to water. The other small thing is you could make the bridge look more expansive by using these 6108.gif

instead of the 1 x 6 x 2 arches.

Nice landscape and sign posting, i may just emulate some of your cool designs! :devil:

Cheers ISC :skull:

This is great, Duke! Normally I dislike the mix of greys and bleys, but it doesn't look too bad at all in this MOC. The landscape is very cool, as is the tower, and the fact that it is removable to have a better look around makes it even better. :thumbup: I look forward to seeing more Castle MOCs from you!

(Oh, and your Storming of Bastille is very cool too. :thumbup:)

~Peace

Great work, i must say until seeing the greys and bleys used here i was not to sure of the difference, now i know, and i also know how to use them well!

I like the section of towers, very creative idea, I like the bridge and general landscaping of it, i have lsways wanted to do this...

Regards Cpt. PB

Thanks for all the kind comments, i'm glad you like the MOC. I'll definitely take on board these ideas for future creations, i'm now keen to try out the SNOT water technique (though I have to say I have no experience of it) and also very much like the idea or 'moving' water. :thumbup:

For the SNOT river technique, i usually build my river shape first side on (like one big wall, usually one brick width)then with a few bricks placed on the baseplate to anchor the blue snot river in place and from there you can just build around your structure even incorporating rocks etc in the middle of it usually with the second layer haing an overhang to hide edges that may not come all the way up to bricks.

heres some of my SNOT river creations

Wizard009.jpg

Castle004.jpg

and one from Dragonator

p1050053.jpg

Very interesting, that last pic looks like a more impressive version of the MOC we're discussing!

Interesting and imposing! Good work!

God Bless,

Nathan

I like it a lot. It's wqell put together, and a good idea.

Now on to my advice: Make the rock near the bottom a different color than the rest of the bridge., That would make the "hewn out of it" look much more distinguishable.

Over all wonderful work!