Sign in to follow this  
Navy Trooper Fenson

Set Review 3832 Bikini Bottom hospital

Yeah, first time that I am getting a set before everyone.^^

First of all: The package

3832a.jpg

The european version has no "Limited Edition" button. Hooray!!!

Sorry for the blurry back-shot.

3832b.jpg

We see the hospital back, a few bubbles with set functions and a little comic.

Comic:

3832c.jpg3832d.jpg

Bubbles:

3832e.jpg

The figures are injured Spongebob, Patrick and the new Fish Doctor.

3832h.jpg

3832i.jpg

Spongebob has a headprint...

3832j.jpg

...and a backprint (other than the normal Spongebob).

sponge2.jpg

Spongebob and injured Bob:

sponge1.jpg

The set comes with two litters.

3832k.jpg

The ambulance car is a bit extraordinary. I don´t know how the car is like in the show (and I saw a lot of episodes) but it looks a bit strange, mostly because the weehls are too small.

3832l.jpg

3832m.jpg

3832n.jpg

Of course we get another SS (not so D this time).

3832o.jpg

The litter fits in the back, with help of this lid. I wish it would be the hinge-lid from before 2004...

3832p.jpg3832q.jpg

Now we come to the meanpart of the set: The hospital!

1.jpg

The entrance has got babyblue traindoors and a hudge sign that shows "Emergency".

2.jpg

The tubes are nearly everywhere in this set. I was getting insane when I came to the part, where I must put the stickers on the tubes. This parts are very usefull, but I wanted that the set looks good, because I will display it. So I stickered just two of the parts and not all four.

3.jpg4.jpg

Now we come to the interroir:

6.jpg

5.jpg

The doctor has a desk with computer. Sadly it´s not very well placed and he must duck because of his fin.

7.jpg

Next to the door, we get this little case, wash basin and two drawers. Again we get stickers... Not that I don´t like stickers. It´s just: Everytime I get to the part where I must put the stickers on, I think how I can re-use the model and if I rebuild the model, later and and and... I hate it to deside!

8.jpg

A few posters are in it, too.

9.jpg

The set is a great addittion to your own Bikino Bottom, but the playability is not very big for the kids. They can just play that Patrick steals the ambulance car, like shown on the package, and is hitting Spongebob. Than the drive back, the doctor gives Spongebob two medicines and let him go. I bought the set mostly because of the parts (tubes in lightbley and a few woodpieces). But I am thinking about let it stand in my little Bikini Bottom (just consist of Crusty Crab and Chum Bucket).

Playability: 3/10

Figures: 10/10

Price: 8/10

Design: 9/10

TOTAL: 30/40

Thanks for the review, looks like a great set.

I'm surprised that spongebob's bandage has a full body headprint so kudos to lego for that

Thanks for the review! The interior looks nice, better than I expected, Lots of great parts but, as you say, so many of them are stickered. After Rocket Ride, the stickers in the SB sets seem to have gone crazy - the early sets weren't slathered in them. 2 new figs though is most welcome.

Great review. As much as I hate spongebob LEGO, I just might get this set. It has a good number of useful parts, like the computer and keyboard, and all of the brown pieces. How much does this set cost in USD? :classic:

lots of yummy pics in the review thanks!

hmm a double sidied minifig, with a painted top! thats the first time i have ever seen this done!?!?

this is a great set and has recieved as evideneced by a lot of "is it new" questions, is sponge bob sets available in Auzzi land?

i have not seen them in shops...

Regards Cpt. PB

How much euro did you pay for it? It looks a great set, great interior, nice figures and funny posters. :)

It's also nice: the newest Spongebob sets are now also available in our stores and they are the coolest (Belgium)!

is sponge bob sets available in Auzzi land?

i have not seen them in shops...

Regards Cpt. PB

Generally not, although as a special sale promotion Target has 3830 Bikini Bottom Express and 3831 Rocket Ride available now (although the sale starts 24 July for 20% off) and K-Mart briefly had the Krusty Krab set last year.

I ordered the set via S@H and it cost 34.99€ in Germany, 37.99€ in Belgium and 50$ in Australia. It looks like it´s a exclusive set, but without the 2limited edition" sticker on the package. In the USA it´s not aviable, now. I think it costs as much as the rocket ride (30$).

@ Mrs Pegleg: He has the same, short pants, like in the other sets.

Wow, that set looks better than I thought! :oh: I just might get it if its under $30 USD. I love all the details inside, and it seems to have a better interior than the City hospital... and the new figs look nice...

The fish doctor is supposed to have a new torso.

Says who? I think the one he has is fine...

I never have buy a Sponge Bob set but this looks so cool so maybe... (Just maybe) I will buy it :tongue: . I am curious of why TLC haven´t done the Flying Dutchman ship, it was in the first rumor list of Sponge Bob sets, that surely will be a must :cry_happy: .

Awesome, light blue train doors. Yummy!

It is quite strange that spongbob has become the best source for train parts:

the baby blue doors, the orange round windows ,...

The official name for this Lego set is "The Emergency Room". I have all the other SpongeBob sets, including three Krusty Krabs, two Bikini Bottoms, as well as one of everything else , now all I need to do is wait until next month to buy this set if I find it at my local Toys "R" Us.

That SpongeBob minifig looks cute. :wub:

I'm not a huge fan of spongebob, but this set I might want also have. Maybe I can combine it with the city hospital.

Thanks Navy Trooper Fenson for the review - good one :thumbup:!

I really like that SB is printed!

I will need to get this one when I go to the US in two weeks.

CopMike

Nice review, NFT! :thumbup:

I´m not that much into SpongeBob, but these two pieces just for themselves are interesting to get:

container cupboard 4532 4532.png

and

cupboard drawer 4536 4536.png

the latter not being sold for the last 6 years!

Both together are an excellent way to create detailed interiors.

6 of those for me, please! :grin:

There's a lot great pieces in this set, I would be willing to get the set just for them.

Thanks for the great review!

My fish doctor has the torso from 7902 Doctor's Car, which is unfortunate, because the other torso is more stylized and cartoonish, I think. However, I did have that mad scientist lab set, so a bit of digging through my old collection will hopefully yield the better torso.