• Outstanding

indexed.gif

7663 Sith Infiltrator

Year: 2007

Number of Pieces: 310

Number of Minifigs: 1

Price: 29.99 USD

Brickset

Hello everyone, and welcome to my second review on Eurobricks, the Sith Infiltrator!

Lets start with a pic of the box, shall we?

LEGO-Star-Wars-Sith-Infiltrator_2.jpg

As you can see, its a Limited Edition set, meaning the fig and set could be worth a lot in the future. This set takes about 20 minuets for the seasoned builder.

An overview of the Infiltrator (also know as the Scimitar):

2858396876_5fddbbb737_o.jpg

As seen in the picture, this ship is very sleek, with very few studs on top (SNOT= Studs Not On Top). Basically, Its the cockpit with two wings (with two "fins" on each wing), attached to the hull.

Heres a side view of the Scimitar:

2656658982_21fc5a4d24_o.jpg

Very cool- looking! It lands on two "feet" in the front while the cockpit rests on the ground.

Rear view:

2656659280_a7bcab1b9f_o.jpg

The back. The outer cockpit is beautiful, a printed piece on the back (no dreaded sticker sheet! (DSS)) and a large printed disc on top:

2655833175_e312da7699_o.jpg

Heres a look at the middle:

2656659538_6f77df820a_o.jpg

There is a flick-fire missile (trans-red cone attach to Technic pin) on the inner wing, a trans-red lightsaber blade in the back of the hull, and a trans-red lightsaber blade in between the fins on either side. All of those lightsaber blades may come in handy...

Hey, look: the fins open from the wings!:

2656659816_fb4825abce_o.jpg

The fins open due to double hinges on each fin. Unfortunately, you have to hold the ship up in order for the bottom fins to open.

Now, lets have a look inside the cockpit:

2656660124_9e3cf33032_o.jpg

To open, you lift the back printed part, which is attached to the printed disc on top, which is attached to a hinge. It opens pretty smoothly, but is somewhat loose, so sometimes it closes on its own. Also, the disc isnt secured well enough to the door, and often breaks off, even with the smallest movement to it. Inside, there is an elevated control panel and two sliding pieces near the floor.

This ship also comes with a small speeder bike:

2655831965_895e67f5e7_o.jpg

Its very cleverly built, and is a really neat addition. See that clear disc on the bottom? It fits perfectly into the sliding pieces in the cockpit:

2655832275_b2f3a8c72a_o.jpg

Hmm... whats this?:

2655832513_789f2dd4c4_o.jpg

A hidden compartment! Now this was a very cool idea by TLG, a secret compartment found by taking off the top slope of the hull contains Darth Maul's weapons and tools which include: A (CHROME!) lightsaber hilt, a pair of electrobinouculars, and three probe droids.

A closeup of a probe droid:

2656661214_b197593bc4_o.jpg

Just a plain, black minifig head with a black lever on top.

Finally, the fig:

2655833399_2ab2a9e50f_o.jpg

Darth Maul in the flesh plastic. A good fig altogether, with a black hood and lightsaber blades taken from the ship. He did come with a crisp, new black cape (packaged in a small, white cardboard box), but I am currently using it for another fig. Note that this is a limited edition fig, so stock up.

A comparison pic of the two Mauls:

2655833731_1841856d70_o.jpg

The 2007 version is on the left, and the 1999 version on the right. Note a few key differences between the two: the new one has smaller red tattoos and a smoother torso. Also, the new one has bigger eyes and a more cartoony look.

Maul on the speeder bike:

2656662152_a2b6575685_o.jpg

Of course, he fits perfectly in the cockpit wile sitting on the bike, and he can reach the controls:

2655834275_e4c9b076ed_o.jpg

Well, thats about it, here is the...

FINAL VERDICT:

Build: 8/10, easy and fun, breaks every once in a while.

Playability: 7/10, this set has many features, but is very fragile between the cockpit and hull and between the two cockpit pieces.

Swooshability: 1/10, too fragile to fly around, plus the flick fire missiles fall out.

Minifigs: 9/10, a great fig with a chrome hilt and a double sided blade. A little cartoony.

Design: 7/10, very clever techniques, very sleek, but very fragile.

Price: 8/10, fair enough, could be a few dollars cheaper.

Overall Score: 6.5/10, a very sleek ship with clever building and play techniques, but very, very fragile, and shouldnt be picked up off of the shelf too often.

And with that, my review is over, but all of yours are not: comments and thoughts very welcome!! :sweet:

Edited by JimButcher
indexed

This set looks like a dandy. Is the Darth Maul fig any different in respect to the torso or head design to the original?

A hidden compartment! Now this was a very cool idea by TLG, a secret compartment found by taking off the top slope of the hull

You're supposed to slide the front of the hull off, rather than lift the top piece off.

I'll be honest - I don't like this ship at all. It's one of my least favourite ships in the PT and I have to yet buy either one of those sets. I also found it funny that this set was meant to be a Walmart exclusive yet never appeared on the shelves at my Walmart. :hmpf_bad:

Anyhow, thanks for the review! :thumbup:

You're supposed to slide the front of the hull off, rather than lift the top piece off.

yeah, I was looking at the construction booklet and it reminded me of that (I forgot about it), but that makes it more fragile. :hmpf_bad:

Nice review Jim, I think i would only buy this for Darth Maul though you definitely showcased all the cool features really well! :thumbup:

I got this set last year. And I think you made a mistake when you have remove a piece to access the probe droids and equipment, you just have to slide the entire main part.

And I have a question, is this equipped with the new flick-fire missiles that don't fall off?

I got this set last year. And I think you made a mistake when you have remove a piece to access the probe droids and equipment, you just have to slide the entire main part.

And I have a question, is this equipped with the new flick-fire missiles that don't fall off?

Yes, I realized the first part :wink: . as for the flick-fire missiles, the do fall off very easily. :sad:

Thank you for the nice review. :classic:

I like the design, although I didn't want to buy it.

The new little speeder is very nice, but maybe a little to small..

Darth Mauls eyes are looking a bit more dangerous now.

A very neatly designed Sith Infiltrator, though I think it lacks the size of the older version.

A fine ship, but not what I would call a Sith Infiltrator. It should be bigger.

Thanks for another fine SW review

KimT