Unlikely Society -- final chapter!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

For those patient readers who have waiting all these long months for the conclusion to the alien invasion story arc, it's FINALLY posted. The townspeople have been turned into pop music-singing zombies, and it's up to the Unlikely Society to save them.

Posted Image

Man, I feel like I've been working on this N-vasion story forever. I'm excited to be done with it, and to be able to move on with some new stories.

For those of you new to the Unlikey Society, it's my Lego-based superhero comic. Please check it out, but you'll want to back up and start from chapter 1.

Thanks for reading!

-Joebot

#2 zero1312

zero1312

• Devilish Crap!!!!!

Member: 1455

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

Finally!!! And good to know that it's not the last one. :classic:
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!

MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Brickmaster

Brickmaster

• Repentent Purple Pie

Member: 172

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

Oh man, scared me there, I though final chapter as in.. final!

:tongue:

Great as always, I was waiting for an update, I love the stuff! Will keep tuning in for updates and new chapters!  :classic:
Posted Image

#4 LuxorV

LuxorV

• Will Cat Accordingly.

Member: 1771

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

Nice to see this new chapter, and a good thing it's not the last one :thumbup: .

LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr

#5 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Member: 486

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:47 AM

Joe, congratulations on finishing a story arc! Hooray! Have a drink on me. And now I offer a very dangerous karmic constructive criticism. For some reason I'm really tempting karma by posting this while taking a break from writing the final episode of Fabuland Housewives's first season. But, I'm a little disappointed in the final chapter of this. I'll try to give this critique without giving away too much, but potential spoilers ahead!

When you ended your last two sagas, the climax was exciting and full of action and cool epic shots. The peep attacks and the capture of the original US in your earlier comics were classic and great examples of great pace and story-telling. I can't help feel that this last chapter was a little rushed. In just a couple of pages, the threat is over and it never seemed like an impending threat. I would've liked to see some random zombie carnage. I would've like to see more of the conflict between the US and the Superiors over how to deal with the moral dilemma of harming zombies who are innocent humans temporarily controlled by evil scheming alien boy bands. And it would've been more exciting to see Mister Fister have to save his daughter from a Superior attack then to have Joebot just know where the button was to turn off the zombie ray. Anyway, I don't want to tear it apart to make the point. I love the characters and the feel of the comic is back with goofy jokes and zany characters. The thing to remember is we care about the characters, no matter how much they may be an elaborate joke, we want to see them in peril and overcome it. I do anyway. The epilogues are brilliant and I'm excited to see a setup for more from you and the Unlikely Society. Rest assured I'll read every page! I still have a novella of yours I need to get around to reading too. Sorry, life takes over some time.

Great job and congratulations on ending the first part of the new saga! :wub:

#6 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

First, my apologies on the somewhat misleading subject heading for this thread. I didn't mean to imply this was the final Unlikely Society chapter ever! No, just the final part of this particular story. I already have the next two story arcs (a much more reasonable three chapters each) written, so lots more Unlikey Society silliness to come.

Hinckley -- don't worry about the "dangerous karma" of your criticisms. They were received in the same friendly spirit in which they were offered. And you're right. I know you're right. I knew it when I wrote that chapter many long months ago. But, to be perfectly honest, I was bored and tired of this story arc. I know that's not much consolation to you the reader who wants a big bang-up explosive ending, but from my perspective, I just wanted it to be over. So, yes, I got lazy. I at least tried to make it funny though!!  :classic:  

And good luck with your final Housewives episode!

Here's a little teaser for the next story. This is one of the new villians -- Violet Femme.

Attached File  bike1.jpg   27.35K   125 downloads

Attached File  New_Characters.jpg   17.49K   80 downloads

#7 Pencoin

Pencoin

Member: 2415

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

cool really funny  :thumbup: from me

:wink:
Posted Image
Look into those beautiful eyes, the eyes of a hero. Mata-Nui.

Stop and Smell the Vorox
You need help to defeat the bone hunters in My LEGO Network? Then please consult my guide! For Bara Magna!
Befriend me here: http://mln.lego.com/...ew/pencoin.aspx You'll get clicks!

Daven Mission Force
.....Coming soon.....
Sneak peak: Here
Click This! Listen to it all the way through.

#8 zero1312

zero1312

• Devilish Crap!!!!!

Member: 1455

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

Cool, can't wait! :classic:
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!

MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Zepher

Zepher

• I can't control my tongue

Member: 3241

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

Where are these two other saga's that Hickly Edit by HiNcklEy: who now?? mentioned?  I'm on chapter four of this arc, but where are the other's?  Or are they all on this page?

EDIT:  Never mind, I figured it out.

Edited by Hinckley, 10 July 2008 - 03:34 AM.

Lord Lawrence Boomingham

&

Nash Ash in Unrest in the Forest

#10 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Reay for 2017!

Member: 486

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:57 AM

View PostJoebot, on Jul 9 2008, 09:38 AM, said:

Hinckley -- don't worry about the "dangerous karma" of your criticisms. They were received in the same friendly spirit in which they were offered. And you're right. I know you're right. I knew it when I wrote that chapter many long months ago. But, to be perfectly honest, I was bored and tired of this story arc. I know that's not much consolation to you the reader who wants a big bang-up explosive ending, but from my perspective, I just wanted it to be over. So, yes, I got lazy. I at least tried to make it funny though!!  :classic:  

And good luck with your final Housewives episode!

Here's a little teaser for the next story. This is one of the new villians -- Violet Femme.

Attachment bike1.jpg
She looks like a blister in the sun! :sing: Let me go wild! :sing:

Thanks for the teaser! Like I said, I love your stories and have the utmost respect for you, so either way I can't wait to see more. Thanks for the well-wishes. Hopefully we'll all see the final chapter of my saga soon. Great job! :sweet: :thumbup:

#11 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

• Longs for the days of Wooden Ducks

Member: 435

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:29 AM

Hey Joe, I've really enjoyed your stories, and am glad you plan to continue the adventures of the Unlikely Society. I agree with Hinckley a little as far as this episode, yet also found it amusing how simple it was to defeat the zombies, and think the story ended in a way that fit together with the rest of the comic.
"I'm sorry, I don't have the time to build anything that doesn't directly promote me."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users