Quarryman

Château sur la Rivière

indexed.gif

...or to be painfully exact, an IRC find (got the original link from matija on IRC) :wink:

Anyway, doesn't look like DARKspawn is very active around here at the moment, so I'm taking the liberty of posting his amazing castle MOC called "Château sur la Rivière"

2606193062_3b4cf24a38.jpg

Brickshelf, Flickr.

Haven't had the time to properly enjoy it yet, but so far it looks very, very impressive :wub: (the bridges are just lovely)

That sure is a beautiful creation - I especially like the landscaping, and as you pointed out, the bridge is wonderful too. I can't actually find a fault in this creation - the level of detail is simply brilliant.

Nice find :thumbup:

Tom

That's amazing, I can't see a single thing that I dislike or believe could've been done better! Simply awesome, all those details. Seriously :thumbup:

Somehow I find the mushroom collector a particularly interesting addition to the overall scene. Nice use of SNOT as well! The reparation of the hole in the bridge is also fun to see.

What I don't quite get, the two guys at the pier, are they having a swimming competition or is one if them drowning? The fact that one head is almost completely submerged while the other guy is facing him + the cheering crowd would have me believe the latter.

But to nitpick, I wouldn't call a three towers and a bridge a castle, I'm kinda wondering what such a construction would be called instead :wacko::tongue:

Edited by Hairy Ruben

its beautiful, great find! i also saw a huge castle and castle town on Mocpages not too long ago.

I saw that first on The Brothers Brick, and it is really spectacular! :wub: It's builders like this that I truly aspire too. :cry_happy:

His landscaping is great, and I love those trees! I've always been pretty bad at making trees...

The detail for the dock is a highlight, and then we can't forget the amazing castle itself! Truly wonderful! I hope that one day I might be able to build something of such beauty. :sweet:

A great work DARKspawn. :thumbup:

Just one word: AMAZING! :wub:

Every building, every mini-figure (specially the wizard and the two lovers!!!!) and every scene... :sweet:

Wow! That is just stunning! :wub: :wub: I love it! Now this is why I love castle! :laugh:

~Peace

Thats such a beautiful castle creation, its exactly what i aspire to create. I love taking little snippets and incorporating them into my own designs like 1 x 1 round bricks and tiles on walls to jazz it up a little

Wow! That is just stunning! :wub: :wub: I love it! Now this is why I love castle! :laugh:

~Peace

me too! :classic:

Very Very Very Very Very Very VERY! nice, what did you use for the water. :classic:

The Good old SNOT river technique, just turn the bricks onto the side and put blue tiles on the end.

Thanks heaps, Quarryman, for spotlighting my creation here, and thanks to everyone for the kind words. Recent commitments have spread my free time pretty thin, & not being the most active member here on EB in the first place, something had to slip. I often lurk here but don't post as much as I would like. Thanks again for the comments :-)

Edited by DARKspawn

Not only do I love the gorgeous architecture, I also really like that the MOC is bustling with life. There are many wonderful buildings made out of LEGO in Brickshelf and other such places, but many of them have been empty of all life, like minifigs, interiors, decorations etc. In my opinion, well-positioned minifigs truly crown any MOC. And this one is a perfect example of that.

Loving it! :wub:

Edited by Sandy