Sign in to follow this  
The Cobra

MOCC - My Own Clonings and Creations

A few time ago, I downloaded LDD. Surprise: all of my previous works wouldn't open beacuse some pieces are no longer available. "oh well, whatever..."

I started working on drumkits (my most loved MOCing since I was a kid), but I'm not still fully satisfied so you're not seeing them except for one.

Then I tought: "What about trucks?" I tried to remake some old model you will easily recognize, the only challenge being replacing some pieces.

Here they are:

truck1du8.th.jpg truck2gf3.th.jpg truck3sl7.th.jpg

Why are they all red and white? Because car doors are only available in red. Minifigs are not meant to look like those that came with the original kits.

Then, I decided to build a house. My first project was aborted and not worth being shown on the net. Let's take a look at House2.

You may notice some parts changed while building. The garage features some tools, though you can't see them in these pics. Oh yes, cars are inspired by / copied from the one in the old Shell station (which I owned and loved). Building the garage door after I put the blue car where it lies was definitely a bad idea; I know that door sucks, still you have an idea on how to do it.

Ground floor has a small bathroom, a kitchen and a dining room / living room (with a 15:9 TV!). And 99% of the credit for furniture goes to Mel's furniture.

image1rq0.th.jpg image2zs7.th.jpg image3vg9.th.jpg image4jx9.th.jpg image5ew1.th.jpg image6et1.th.jpg image7av0.th.jpg image8ry1.th.jpg image9dd8.th.jpg

First floor: the big bathroom and two bedrooms.

image9aqa6.th.jpg image9bhf0.th.jpg image9csd8.th.jpg image9dci8.th.jpg image9eyi6.th.jpg image9fqq9.th.jpg image9goa3.th.jpg

Second floor: a little music studio (I know that it's odd to have one on the top of your house, and I also know those guitars look quit crappy) and something that was meant to be a house-pub but turned out to be a little different. No, a LOT different!

image9hbh9.th.jpg image9ift5.th.jpg image9krj2.th.jpg image9lwf9.th.jpg

A look at the whole thing

image9mvq6.th.jpg

And, the lxf file: here. (right-click, Save target as...)

The drumkit: 1 bassdrum, 2 snare drums, 2 tom-toms, 2 floor toms, 5 crash cymbals, 1 ride cymbal, 2 chyna cymbals. Maybe sometime in the future I'll spend a few more words on the subject; here's the lxf file, and a close-up picture.

drumkityl9.th.jpg

Edited by The Cobra

Thanks a lot.

No, those 2x2 inverted round dishes are available in 6 colors but no yellow. (Real Lego has them in Chrome Gold too)

Here's my latest creation: "Park scene"

park1bzv2.jpg

Some closeups

park2ka9.jpg

park3pd6.jpg

park4mf6.jpg

Zip file: Includes Park.xlf (the full creation) and Park parts.xlf (some stand-alone models like the cars and the 5-side newsstand.

Wow, they are amazing!!!

Especially the big house and the park scene, keep up the good work!

you makes a lot of things on LDD ! really creative and nicely done.

really good job, seeing your drums made me think that you play it ?

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

@Manta: well, LDD might not be easy sometimes, but if you experiment you can make some really nice models.

@ Guss: I'm a (kind of) bassist, but back in my early teen days, when I was MOCing with real bricks, I wanted to be a drummer.

Edited by The Cobra

It'w been a while, but my new drumkit is ready! Link to lxf file.

Now some pics...

lddscreenshot1.jpg

lddscreenshot3.jpg

lddscreenshot5.jpg

And a few more in the gallery (when moderated): link.

And some words: I wanted to build a cage (similar to Tommy Aldridge's kit in the Whitesnake videos from teh Slip of the toungue album); I tried the 5 sides shape after using it in the news-stand (see "Park scene" a few posts above). The loewr half was the easy part. It became a bit difficult ot find something easy, small and useful for cymbal stands. That's when I found the skellie leg!

So, this kit consists of:

2 bassdrums - 2 snare drums - 4 tom-toms - 2 ground toms - 2 octoban sets - 4 elecric drum pads - 1 ride cymbal - 8 crash cymbals - 5 chyna cymbals - 1 hi-hat - 1 gong.

Enjoy!