My Batcave

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mike F

Mike F

Member: 1438

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

Posted Image

I have signed on for the sole purpose of posting my batcave. I have been reading these threads, so I am up to date.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Flickr(with many more pictures)

-Mike

#2 Ronan Nissen

Ronan Nissen

Member: 1953

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

Whats with the giant penny?

#3 Mike F

Mike F

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

View PostRonan Nissen, on Jun 17 2008, 06:52 PM, said:

Left to Right: penny, red hood, tyrannosaurus rex, various weapons, joker card(ceiling), chess pieces

Posted Image

-Mike

Edited by Mike F, 18 June 2008 - 01:43 AM.

#4 ???theriddler???

???theriddler???

Member: 1675

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:08 AM

The link doesn't work :cry_sad: .
When Is The Villain, Not The Villain?

#5 Mike F

Mike F

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

View Post???theriddler???, on Jun 18 2008, 02:08 AM, said:

The link doesn't work :cry_sad: .
It was working before...

Paste this into your adress bar: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike-f EDIT: Fixed.

-Mike

Edited by Mike F, 18 June 2008 - 11:46 AM.

#6 Brainbox

Brainbox

• A real Joe 90

Member: 1092

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

View PostRonan Nissen, on Jun 18 2008, 12:52 AM, said:

It's a trophy from a past case, where Batman fought coin-obsessed villain The Penny Plunderer. Other Batcave trophies include a robotic T-Rex from Dinosaur Island and an oversized Joker card, along with several smaller items such as costumes and weapons.

Anyway, nice work MikeF. There's a nice variety of Batcave areas here, I really like the costume vault, and the new Bat-vehicles are pretty nice as well, especially the Batski. On question: How did you do the penny?
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#7 Mike F

Mike F

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

View PostBrainbox, on Jun 18 2008, 02:53 PM, said:

It's a trophy from a past case, where Batman fought coin-obsessed villain The Penny Plunderer. Other Batcave trophies include a robotic T-Rex from Dinosaur Island and an oversized Joker card, along with several smaller items such as costumes and weapons.

Anyway, nice work MikeF. There's a nice variety of Batcave areas here, I really like the costume vault, and the new Bat-vehicles are pretty nice as well, especially the Batski. On question: How did you do the penny?

The penny is a larger version of a normal penny that my father got somewhere years ago. My brother used the penny in his batcave he made a while ago. I decided to remake the batcave usig the newer sets. And that is a very interesting lessom about the history of the trophies.

I thank everyone for all of their comments.

-Mike

#8 Brainbox

Brainbox

• A real Joe 90

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

View PostMike F, on Jun 18 2008, 09:03 PM, said:

The penny is a larger version of a normal penny that my father got somewhere years ago. My brother used the penny in his batcave he made a while ago. I decided to remake the batcave usig the newer sets. And that is a very interesting lessom about the history of the trophies.
Interesting. I ask as I'll be making my mammoth Batcave soon, and I need a way of making a giant penny. I don't think it'd look that good brick-built, and I don't think I have any coins big enough to be suitable bigger than a minifig.

And I admit, I did have to look up the Penny Plunderer, but the rest was done from memory.

My Brickshelf Gallery

#9 Adam

Adam

• Can't say f star star k

Member: 3197

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

I can't get the link to work, but it looks good, Mike.  :thumbup:  :classic:

Posted Image

Skulls were smashed, alliances were reforged, and fire-giants were torched.

Thanks to TPRU for letting me participate as the lovely Agnar Skull-Smasher in Ragnarök Now 3!

Have a look at my Flickr page!

#10 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

View PostBrainbox, on Jun 19 2008, 06:56 AM, said:

And I admit, I did have to look up the Penny Plunderer, but the rest was done from memory.
Pah! and you call yourself a Batfan, I still remember that!  Though i believe it has been retconned in the comics, now done by Two-Face following the popular BTAS episode Almost Got 'Im.

Anyhoo, great work Mike F, I love how you've extended it, as well as your figs. Nice work on the penny too. I especially love the dock and costume area, as well as the trophy room and your own made vehicles. That Batski is superb and the tank is wonderful, loving the Harley truck mod. Overall thanks for sharing, you've been a good inspiration to me on how to improve my own.

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#11 Brainbox

Brainbox

• A real Joe 90

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Jun 19 2008, 11:55 AM, said:

Pah! and you call yourself a Batfan, I still remember that!  Though i believe it has been retconned in the comics, now done by Two-Face following the popular BTAS episode Almost Got 'Im.
That's what threw me. I couldn't remember if it was Two-Face or good old Joe Coyne. But it appears it's both, either and perhaps even neither...  :wink:

My Brickshelf Gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users