Buy ships for your MIGHTY fleet

102 replies to this topic  – Started by Mister Phes , Aug 04 2006 10:00 AM

#51 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

Well good luck!  Let us know it goes.

Have you ever considered selling it on eBay?  That might be your next course of action if you don't get any interest from the forum.

Posted Image

#52 Antsa Antero

Antsa Antero

Member: 3455

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Yes I've been thinking about it but I heard ebay takes something like 7.5% from the winning bid as reward and that's way too much in my opinion

#53 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Posted Image

This one is in the USA - currently $20.50

CLICK HERE to place a bid!!!

Posted Image

#54 Adam

Adam
  • Smexy

Member: 3197

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

View PostMister Phes, on Aug 5 2008, 02:50 PM, said:

Posted Image

This one is in the USA - currently $20.50

CLICK HERE to place a bid!!!
Only $20.50? That IS cheap! In fact, it's probabaly the best auction I've seen for a Pirate ship, other than a BSB going for a Buy It Now of $14 with $10 shipping. Sadly, I went to $18 before I could bid  :pir_bawling:. Back on topic, I'll probabaly bid, if it's still pretty cheap in 1 day, 20 1/2 hours.  :pir-tongue:

Posted Image

​Currently playing as the enigmatic Archie Matthews in Tammo's Party Lines Mafia!

Have a look at my Flickr page!

#55 Antsa Antero

Antsa Antero

Member: 3455

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

One really annoying thing about purchasing legos from ebay is that even though seller says all pieces are included it hardly
never is true. I could bet 100$ that there's at least a few missing pieces in RBR altough seller says it has all.

Recently I bough two BSBs from ebay and there were pretty much missing pieces in both cases. But all ended well, I asked and got discount because of that

When ordinary (non legofans) sell legos it's almost a rule that something is missing, but what can you expect when there are hundred and hundred of pieces

Edited by Antsa Antero, 06 August 2008 - 02:05 PM.

#56 Commander Red Hat

Commander Red Hat
  • Leader of the Redcoats!

Member: 1914

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

Ah i already have like a gazzillion of those! :pir-tongue:

View PostAntsa Antero, on Aug 6 2008, 03:04 PM, said:

One really annoying thing about purchasing legos from ebay is that even though seller says all pieces are included it hardly
never is true. I could bet 100$ that there's at least a few missing pieces in RBR altough seller says it has all.

Recently I bough two BSBs from ebay and there were pretty much missing pieces in both cases. But all ended well, I asked and got discount because of that

When ordinary (non legofans) sell legos it's almost a rule that something is missing, but what can you expect when there are hundred and hundred of pieces

I agree on this and i have had many cases were the seller didn't even reply my emails about it, while good money was payed..
I've stopped buying sets off ebay and such for that reason, unless i need the parts and it's a good deal.
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#57 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hmmmm...  The Red Beard Runner doesn't appear to be that "cheap" anymore, in fact it seems quite reasonably priced.

Posted Image

#58 Adam

Adam
  • Smexy

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

Finally! Those are MINE!!!!

Posted Image

​Currently playing as the enigmatic Archie Matthews in Tammo's Party Lines Mafia!

#59 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:37 AM

Did you make a bid for Adam?  And if so, did you WIN???  :imperialguard_commander1:

Posted Image

#60 jamtf

jamtf

Member: 971

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

View PostMister Phes, on Aug 7 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

Hmmmm...  The Red Beard Runner doesn't appear to be that "cheap" anymore, in fact it seems quite reasonably priced.

Luckily, I found my used copy for only € 30 (boxed with instructions and some extra's that did not belong to the ship) a year and a half or so back (which is about $44 at today's exchange rate)  :pir-cry_happy: . At the time, I found that a fairly reasonable price and I did not want to spend much more for this model. Seems that prices for the last of the big ships have been increasing fast since then. :pir-oh:
Pirate captain to governor: "Dear Sir, In answer to your request not to proceed with our current undertakings, we acknowledge that we will gladly arrange your settlements being attacked properly... Arrgh"

Posted Image

Died in the third night as Shiraz the wine seller (or was it poison brewer) in Prince of Persia: Death in the Sands of Time

#61 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

6286 Skull's Eye Schooner

Posted Image

CLICK HERE to place a bid!

Posted Image

#62 Adam

Adam
  • Smexy

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

View PostMister Phes, on Aug 30 2008, 10:37 PM, said:

Did you make a bid for Adam?  And if so, did you WIN???  :imperialguard_commander1:
I bid on Palm Hideout (one of the only Pirate sets I didn't have) and won. :pir-sweet: It was a little pricey, but worth it. I can review it, if you like (I noticed it wasn'tin the Index).

Posted Image

#63 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:51 AM

We had a Palm Hideout review not so long ago but it appears the index hasn't been updated.  But you can review it again if you like.

I'm also curious, which Palm Hideout auction did you win?  Is it possible you could provide a link to the auction?

Posted Image

#64 randomparrot

randomparrot

Member: 3812

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

Just under 2 hours left i wish my paypal wasn't mucked up are you selling more items in the future?

#65 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

Hi Randomparrot,

The items displayed in this thread aren't mine personally, they're highlights from the eBay Auctions displayed at the bottom of the Pirate forum.

But to answer your question - YES!!!

There will be more auctions, but I can't guarentee I will always highlight them in threads like this.  It'll be up to potential buyers to scroll down to the bottom of the forum and monitor the auctions which appear in the advertisements.

Posted Image

#66 Adam

Adam
  • Smexy

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

Those are some good looking auctions! I'll proabably bid on the RBR, I don't have one of those. BTW, I checked the last few pages, and can't find the Palm Hideout review.

Posted Image

#67 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

Yes indeed Adam!   But just remember to read the auction descriptions because you can't always determine from pictures whether the set is 100% or what condition the parts are in.

Posted Image

#68 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo
  • god for 10

Member: 1816

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:11 AM

It's amazing at how quick these posts are replied to. I thought being the lot of sea dogs you are, you'd want to keep what you're bidding on a secret! That's not to say stop letting us know....
Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Edited by Captain Zuloo, 11 September 2008 - 04:14 AM.

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au

#69 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:23 PM

There is a strategy afoot here Captain Zuloo!  I can't tell you in the main forum because it's top secret :pir-grin:

Posted Image

#70 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo
  • god for 10

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

I can't say I understand what you mean by that Mister Phes. Oh well! Email it to me. I don't know about that BSB as I already have one, but are those green baseplates for sale?

Posted Image

www.brickexpo.com.au

#71 Admiral Bejaune

Admiral Bejaune
  • Guitar god!

Member: 1964

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:08 AM

View PostCaptain Zuloo, on Sep 11 2008, 04:11 AM, said:

It's amazing at how quick these posts are replied to. I thought being the lot of sea dogs you are, you'd want to keep what you're bidding on a secret! That's not to say stop letting us know....

I was thinking the exact same thing...  It doesn't make sense to me.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Introduce a little Anarchy, Upset the Established Order, and Everything becomes chaos!"

"Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all." -Edward Teach

“Lego from BrickLink comes in small plastic bags....... So Does Drugs.” -Captain GreenHair

#72 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:08 AM

There are a lot of things in the world that don't make sense...  Then again they make perfect sense to others, it's just a matter of posessing the appropriate knowlege to enable it to happen.

Posted Image

#73 Gen. Knowledge

Gen. Knowledge

Member: 3603

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:26 AM

I just found a MISB collector's wet dream come true!  Check out the link to this eBay find. CLICK HERE  I wish I had the money to buy it.  :pir_bawling:

Posted Image

Tony

Posted Image     Posted Image          Posted Image

#74 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Posted 16 September 2008 - 01:44 PM

That is a truly salivating auction General Knowledge!  Perhaps best mentioned in the MINT Sealed Box Madness thread next time it surfaces...

Posted Image

#75 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo
  • god for 10

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:44 AM

View PostMister Phes, on Sep 15 2008, 05:08 PM, said:

There are a lot of things in the world that don't make sense... Then again they make perfect sense to others, it's just a matter of posessing the appropriate knowlege to enable it to happen.
Are you by any chance a philosipher? Joking. Well I sure don't have the knowledge to work it out. Do you? Can you share it?

Posted Image

www.brickexpo.com.au

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links