Eurobricks Clone Wars Building Contest

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#26 Big T

Big T

Member: 2247

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

Wow what a contest, and even better, it's one I can convince myself that I have a shot at winning lol since it's a viginette and not 'build a ship' where those massive ones come into play lol.

Thanks to the sponsors too!

#27 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Member: 126882

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:21 AM

Wow this is an awsome contest nice work, still waiting for the alternate Moc comp though lol :tongue:
Those prozes are awsome as well :wub: Who or what is a Bignette?

#28 keetong

keetong

Member: 3231

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

Can it be from 4,5 and 6 movies as well?

#29 BlueDog

BlueDog

Member: 2338

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

I'm in. I have an idea what to build too. Or two. Or three. Or four. Or five. Or six.
Well, I'm off to bricklink to buy me some EP.II clones. And droids. And weapons. And some other stuff.

-Bluedog

#30 Axel

Axel

Member: 3232

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

I'm new to the forums, and this might or might not be obvious, but here's a question concerning the prizes. When you say that the winners get the amount of cash-worth of items, is the shipping fee included in it, or is it cimpletely free?

Velethuil, Captain of the Kaliphlin Elf-Knights

#31 trooperdavinfelth

trooperdavinfelth

Member: 1223

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:52 PM

View Postkeetong, on Jun 3 2008, 06:40 AM, said:

Can it be from 4,5 and 6 movies as well?

Like he said, it takes place between 2 and 3 during the Clone Wars so no Rebels or Imperials. :wink:

Methinks I'll enter... I haven't built something in a long, long, time... :laugh:
Join the Clone Commando Pod Republic Commando Clan!
In which users from all over the world join to share their love of Star Wars: Republic Commando!

Join the Clone Army Builders Guild!
In which users from across the globe come together to share their love of Lego Star Wars and MOCing!

For gosh's sakes, people! THEY ARE PRELIMINARY!

On the semi-crappy looking early 2009 sets.

#32 Clonecommando007

Clonecommando007

Member: 2232

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

View PostAxel, on Jun 3 2008, 12:44 PM, said:

I'm new to the forums, and this might or might not be obvious, but here's a question concerning the prizes. When you say that the winners get the amount of cash-worth of items, is the shipping fee included in it, or is it cimpletely free?
That's a good question!  But yes; it will be free, unless you go over your alloted prize limit, then you will have to pay for the extra and the shipping.

#33 yorkiejim

yorkiejim

Member: 3237

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:32 PM

So, do we just post our entry here?

EDIT: sorry, forgot to read the whole first post.

Edited by yorkiejim, 04 June 2008 - 12:09 AM.

A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Time Ago ina Galixy Far Far Away there  as a universe consisting of "Humans" and Aliens Capable of space travel!!!!!!!

#34 Axel

Axel

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

Another quick question! When the rules say maximum material overhang is one stud, does that include minfig weapons, arms and legs? Because as we all know, some minifig weapons are huge unwieldly things, and if it's at an angle, there's no definite way to calculate the overhang, right?

#35 Clonecommando007

Clonecommando007

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:41 PM

View PostAxel, on Jun 4 2008, 11:05 AM, said:

Another quick question! When the rules say maximum material overhang is one stud, does that include minfig weapons, arms and legs? Because as we all know, some minifig weapons are huge unwieldly things, and if it's at an angle, there's no definite way to calculate the overhang, right?
Yes; by 'One Stud' I meant of like a vehicle or a building.  You may have weapon or minifig overhangs; though it would probably look better if it was all on the base.  :classic:

#36 commandosevy

commandosevy

Member: 2856

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

Do our Vignettes and Bignettes need to have walls??
Cause if so got to put some walls on.
"Cat. I'm a kittycat and I dance dance dance and I dance dance dance. Cat. I'm a kittycat and I dance dance dance...four more reason to alovea me... Cat. I'm a kittycat and I dance dance dance." (shorter version)
"What's this proof of a world wide flood?"  -Naturalist
"Billions of dead things buried under rock layer laid down by water all over the earth."   -Ken Ham  
Let the Heavens declare the glory of God!  -Psalm 19:1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M*A*S*H 4077
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a Jim Varney fan? Then click here: Petition For Ernest the Pirate
(Copy and post the link in your sig if you are)
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG:
kittyinhood4n5
(On Halo 3)
Go'in to a lego store when hell freezes over.

#37 Clonecommando007

Clonecommando007

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

View Postcommandosevy, on Jun 4 2008, 02:27 PM, said:

Do our Vignettes and Bignettes need to have walls??
Cause if so got to put some walls on.
Of course they don't need to have walls!  :laugh:  It's up to you how you decide to organize your scene.

#38 commandosevy

commandosevy

Member: 2856

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:07 PM

View PostClonecommando007, on Jun 4 2008, 09:13 AM, said:

Of course they don't need to have walls!  :laugh:  It's up to you how you decide to organize your scene.
Whew! I was just wondering... :sweet:
"Cat. I'm a kittycat and I dance dance dance and I dance dance dance. Cat. I'm a kittycat and I dance dance dance...four more reason to alovea me... Cat. I'm a kittycat and I dance dance dance." (shorter version)
"What's this proof of a world wide flood?"  -Naturalist
"Billions of dead things buried under rock layer laid down by water all over the earth."   -Ken Ham  
Let the Heavens declare the glory of God!  -Psalm 19:1
M*A*S*H 4077
Are you a Jim Varney fan? Then click here: Petition For Ernest the Pirate
(Copy and post the link in your sig if you are)
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG:
kittyinhood4n5
(On Halo 3)
Go'in to a lego store when hell freezes over.

#39 yorkiejim

yorkiejim

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

Iv allready done alot of work on the bignette, now all i need to do is focus on the vig.
Battle packs sure do come in handy!
A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Time Ago ina Galixy Far Far Away there  as a universe consisting of "Humans" and Aliens Capable of space travel!!!!!!!

#40 wuzzupbob

wuzzupbob

Member: 3213

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

I just want to personally wish all the participants the best of luck.  It's going to be one tough contest and I cannot wait to see what kind of vignettes and bignettes come from this.  Again, Good luck to all!  :sweet:

#41 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

This may be a dumb question but who or what is a bignette???

#42 Axel

Axel

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

A vignette is small representation of something, so I guess a bignette is just a bigger version of a vignette.

Edited by Axel, 05 June 2008 - 09:07 AM.

#43 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:44 AM

So, a bignette is square as well then?

Anyway, I'm allmost done with my vignette entry. I just have a question: If we have one or more Jedi on our vignette who hold their lightsabers in such an angle that they reach over the edge of the vignette quite a bit, is that a violation of the rule that no more than 1 stud may look over that edge?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi, 05 June 2008 - 09:45 AM.

#44 Axel

Axel

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

View PostClonecommando007, on Jun 4 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

You may have weapon or minifig overhangs; though it would probably look better if it was all on the base.  :classic:

I believe we covered that already...

#45 Dragonator

Dragonator

• Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?

Member: 2052

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

Right, I have another question. :grin:

This is set before Ep III right? So can we use the Ep III clone troopers as seen in the battle packs, or would they have to be Ep II troopers, which not many people have?

What do you think? Would it look better with Ep II troopers? Or should I instead use Ep III troopers (of which I have a much better supply)?

In answer to Oky Wan Kenobi:
From the description, a bignette is any scene larger than 8x8. So it could be from a 9x9 to a 23456150x4326056. Or even more, but that might get a little silly. :wink:

At least that's how I see it anyway, correct me if I'm wrong.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum

#46 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

View Postdragonator, on Jun 5 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

Right, I have another question. :grin:

This is set before Ep III right? So can we use the Ep III clone troopers as seen in the battle packs, or would they have to be Ep II troopers, which not many people have?

What do you think? Would it look better with Ep II troopers? Or should I instead use Ep III troopers (of which I have a much better supply)?

In answer to Oky Wan Kenobi:
From the description, a bignette is any scene larger than 8x8. So it could be from a 9x9 to a 23456150x4326056. Or even more, but that might get a little silly. :wink:

At least that's how I see it anyway, correct me if I'm wrong.
He stole my question :cry_sad: But thanks for answering it :thumbup:

#47 Axel

Axel

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

dragonator, your description of a bignette is a lot more informative than mine. As for the Episode 2 Clones, I'm sure that clonecommando007 would say something along the lines of 'it's your choice. Do whatever you think looks good.'
But, all assumptions aside, I would think that the Episode 3 Clones are the most ideal for the vignettes. It would actually depend on the timeframe you're depicting. I mean, yeah; there were a few clones that kept their Episode 2 phase 1 armour, but the majority would utilise the Episode 3 armour. So it's probably alright to combine both clone styles.

#48 yorkiejim

yorkiejim

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

I bought 4 Clone battle packs just to add to my ranks for this!!  :laugh:
You didn't say anything about a Hight limit, did you?

#49 DarthPineapple

DarthPineapple

• X-massy red nosed reindeer

Member: 3246

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

Woo, very nice contest! (although I already knew this was coming) I will see what I can come up with, only a vignette though, I think.

#50 keetong

keetong

Member: 3231

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

will the forum you postm your final vintage or bignetage be like a secret ballet because i don't want people seeing my creation until after the 31st of july

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users