Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Blockbeard

Imperial Trading Post Remix

thindexedgif.gif 144c

Okay as i said in a post a little while ago i was MIA due to a wedding, being sick and then four, yes FOUR university assignments, and i will soon again go MIA for my Exams, but then holidays will hit and you can enjoy more of my cat loving antics then...

personal message aside, here is the surprise i have been working on...

ldditpr101.jpg

ldditpr102.jpg

ldditpr103.jpg

I have uploaded it to the lego web site, hopefully you visit it and get to see it in 3D... i am not sure you can, if any one knows how to do it that way let me know...

as always criticism welcome, just make it constructive :pir-wink:

btw, i forgot to ad a ladder to the detached second story building... :pir_wacko:

LDD creations ON...

PS if you want to buy it in Australia its going to set you back $300 :pir-look::pir-sick:

Edited by SlyOwl

Wow. Looks great.

I like the tan. It gives it a Pirates of the carribean look more so than an Imperial Trading Post,

but I can definitely see the inspiration. And it would be nice if Lego gradually increased the

pallette...

Nice overall job.

Ben M.

That's a nice MOD on the set Cap'n.

I like these tan variations on official designs!

Although I would advise you to change the colour of the dock-arches. The white looks a litte out of place IMO.

Brown, black or perhaps even tan would look better I think. :pir-classic:

That´s a pretty splendid design, impressive and original! :pir-cry_happy:

Wow, you've made quite an effort! Nice pirate port! I also believe that tan looks quite good! Maybe your creation makes TLC realise that there are pirate fans out there who would love to see some official pirate sets!

Why do you call this an "Imperial Trading Post Remix"?

Apart from the dock it seems you've created something entirely new and therefore you should be giving more credit to your own design, rather than someone else's.

Thanks for all the great feedback so far...

And it would be nice if Lego gradually increased the pallette...

i totally agree with you medib! i wish so much that they would bring out the brick range of Mclad...

The white looks a litte out of place IMO. Brown, black or perhaps even tan would look better I think.

Mr Tiber, if there where those colours i would gladly follow your suggestions, unfortunately the arches used are only available in white...

thank-you far all those great comments, i may need to go get a pin for my big head...

Why do you call this an "Imperial Trading Post Remix"?

Very simply i chose to call this a remix as it mas my major inspiration for doing it... there are elements of the ITP, i.e.

a port, boat, garrison, ramp etc...

I'd say it's too unique to be a "remix", I think you could give away with calling it a "cover" :pir-tongue:

You've made plenty of changes and innovations. I like how you've solved the baseplate problem by using slopes.

How do you know it costs $300 to buy though?

When i was in LDD i used the function in the program to find out how much it would cost to get the bricks... i assume it would actually be cheaper to go to bricklink and order specific pieces...

also that way you could order bricks that are a different colour to the design... no more yuk white arches!

btw have you seen the great modular houses on lego.com, some would be great in a harbor moc, or a governors house...

i will do some downloading, picture taking and batch resizes then upload to brick shelf and post here in an edit for you... very nice mocs!

Edit: hmm, appears my LDD does not want to work after getting an update...

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

LDD certain shows promise for pirate creations but very few would be able to build something substantial at the price - so I guess you won't be buying it?

I lke it, but there is the question of how that ship is going to enter the real dock with that fort hanging over ir. Maybe a retractable bridge?

I like it it looks nice ! if you build it with real pieces and add some details/boat ( things hardly done in LDD because of the lack of hull ) and thing that aren't in LDD, it's going to be a really amazing trading post!

oh, and what does "MIA" Means ?

I like it it looks nice ! if you build it with real pieces and add some details/boat ( things hardly done in LDD because of the lack of hull ) and thing that aren't in LDD, it's going to be a really amazing trading post!

oh, and what does "MIA" Means ?

I agree. Add a few more piratey pieces to the boat and it'll be heaps better. But if we're lucky, we'll have more pirate pieces put into LDD with the new pirate line. :pir-grin: WOOT!

And MIA stands for "Missing in Action"

It is loaded onto Lego's factory web sight, for instructions download it and open in LDD (download able for free from that site.

Search member name Cpt_PB, it is pending approval for the time being, so will be available shortly.

Also search-able under its name, Imperial Trading Post Remixed.

Hope that helps Imperial_Guard

Regards, Cpt. PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard