1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hello all Eurobricks members,

I will be presenting a triple reviews at one go, presenting to you classic Ninja Impulse sets which lasted from 1998 to 1999.

These are the sets which will be featured in this classic WhiteFang's review. :sweet:

Hope you will enjoy viewing it! Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed!

01_1.jpg

1184: Cart . . . . 1185: Raft . . . . 1187: Glider

My Ninja Impulse sets.

4.jpg

1184: Cart Review

5.jpg

This classic Ninja Impulse set comes along with a great cart to shoot down the good guys. Yes, this red guard is a bad fraction whom ambush and steals from the blue samurai. It comes with a red guard equipped with a grey katana. This mini-figure is a common figure which is available across different Ninja sets. In addition, it makes an excellent army building sets if you need more of these red guards. :sweet:

Side View

6.jpg

As from what you can see, the cart is able to shoot out with this simple mechanism attached. I love the wheels very much because it's small. Great for building small carts! :wub:

Red Guard, lifting its cart.

7.jpg

Front View.

8.jpg

1185: Raft Review

13.jpg

This classic Ninja Impulse set comes along with a sweet little raft for your ninja to waddle down the river bank. Comes along with this set, is a black ninja which represented the bad fraction. This black ninja comes along with a gray katana, but I modify it to a black katana instead to maintain its "black" consistency. This mini-figure is a common figure too which is available across different Ninja sets.

From what I observed, this is a nice little set which is great for parts and more parts. It comes with a bow and 2 x brown spears for good weapon storage. More brown (1x4) pieces. That is a total of 3 brown pieces. Brickster, Klaus-Dieter, and members who are interested in WW theme, or medival wooden house themes are bound to be interested. There are many different colors clips available too. Great for army building, creating a river scout team and assassins groups. :tongue:

Bottom of the raft.

14.jpg

Some images of the Black Ninja navigating its raft in "Chess River".

15.jpg

16.jpg

1187: Glider Review

9.jpg

This classic Ninja Impulse set comes with a sneaky little glider for your ninja to soar through the dark skies of Ancient Kyoto. Comes along with this set, is a grey ninja which represented the good fraction. This grey ninja comes along with a black katana, but I modify it to a grey katana instead to maintain its "grey" consistency too. This mini-figure is a common figure too which is available across different Ninja sets.

From what I observed, this is a nice little set which is fanastic for extra part too. It comes with 2 x brown spears for good weapon storage. More brown (1x4) pieces. That is a total of 3 brown pieces. There are many different colors clips available too. In addition, it comes with 2 x black wings where our members such as Batbrick will find it very useful. Thumbs up for army building, creating a sky ambush team and assassins groups. :blush:

Glider's back.

11.jpg

The back is superb nice and simple. I love it very much. It is not something unrealistic. In fact, the design is great!

Our Grey Ninja, getting ready for a "Prison Break".

10.jpg

Prison?!?! Look at those bars. Can our friend escape from the clutches of evil?

12.jpg

A finale group picture to marks an end of this review of mine.

17.jpg

Summary review of the above 3 Ninja sets.

Playability: 8/10 (All of these sets are great for building an army and come along with a good number of useful parts)

Design: 8.5/10 (Simple and nice)

Price: 9.5/10 (Trust me, it's very cheap when you buy it in 1998 or 1999. As for current market, I am not so sure about it)

Overall: 9/10 (A must have for all Ninja fans)

Hope everyone of you who love Ninja, will also love this simple review and find it useful too. :wink:

More pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

P.S: Background used are 2 x MISB sets of 5378 Hogwarts Castle

Edited by KimT

Review is completed!!!

I certainly took a long time to do these images. I am still a beginner with Photoshop. Hope everyone will enjoyed reading it! :sweet:

Thanks for the great review WhiteFang! I don't own any of these sets, although I do see them on TradeMe quite often (TradeMe being a NZ auction site). Perhaps I might get them some day. :wink:

These sets all have nice, simple designs, which is good. Lego used to make a lot of little sets like these, I'm glad they're starting to make more (what with the new impulse sets).

A good, in-depth review. :thumbup:

Good reviews for impusle sets seeming as they are so small

Edited by Skipper 24

Thanks for that fine review, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

These´re three very good sets indeed, with beautiful MFs, I especially like that samurai, it just screams Yojimbo to me! :wub:

Sadly I missed them all.... :cry_sad:

These look like some sweet sets! Back with ninjas! :sing: Some sweet parts included in all these sets, thanks for the review! :sweet:

~Peace

Thanks for all your comments. :blush:

These impulse sets are really very good. Most of the time, people tend to underestimate its value. These sets are the most affordable, equipped with simple to play designs and most important provide us good decent bricks and parts. :sweet:

Thanks for the great review WhiteFang! I don't own any of these sets, although I do see them on TradeMe quite often (TradeMe being a NZ auction site). Perhaps I might get them some day. :wink:

These sets all have nice, simple designs, which is good. Lego used to make a lot of little sets like these, I'm glad they're starting to make more (what with the new impulse sets).

A good, in-depth review. :thumbup:

Dragonator, try and get some of these sets if possible. I am sure that it will not be that expensive in the market, right? Because these sets are priced much lower than the current impulse sets. Of course, don't count in inflation. Pardon me, if I am wrong. :tongue:

I certainly missed those days, that LEGO used to make this small little sets. :blush:

Again a very nice review, Whitefang! :thumbup:

For all three sets together I voted for Average:

1187 is poor because the wings really don't fit. Plus we've got enough of these flying "things" in all the other sets.

1184 is average because it offers a really nice catapult which can be used all the time.

1185 is outstanding because it's simply - outstanding.

Regrettably these sets were promos (weren't they?!) because they are very hard to get (and so I regrettably don'T own 1184 and 1185).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter