Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Ant Attack! (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Diorama)

theaterindex.gif

One of the most disgusting scenes in Indiana Jones' history, in my opinon. :sick: I don't have a stomach for ants. Snakes, yes. Ants, no. :sick:

1-83.jpg

7-31.jpg

8-25.jpg

3-69.jpg

2-76.jpg

4-60.jpg

5-54.jpg

6-40.jpg

Any thoughts? :classic:

~SirNadroj

Holy mega bloks thats disgusting... :sick:

Is that a Scene from the Movie?

Great work! :sweet:

I love seeing all of those ants together. It looks like a sea of ants!

Nice SNOT also, The jeep is really cool. I haven't seen the movie yet but I can imagine what happens here... :tongue:

Is that a Scene from the Movie?

Yep, but the ants are much smaller. :grin:

Anyway, very nice MOC SirNadroj, I saw this scene just 5 hours ago, it's very fresh in my mind. :tongue: I was thinking about making an Oxley myself, I never thought about the Hermione hairpiece. May I ask what face you used for him?

:skull:

Really, really, awesome, Sir Nadroj!

I think you captured this excellent scene very well! Everything is pretty accurate!

Great job :wub:

How many ants?

Very good Sir and very movie accurate at that. I like the look of that jeep as well.

A thouroughly disturbing scene indeed. :thumbup:

A marvelous scenery, very neat.... with an interesting tree design and a pretty cool jeep. Impressive! :thumbup:

How many ants are that? Wow, this scene is great. But Dovchenkos hair is a bit too dark. A tan piece would be better. How did you build this jeep? The jeep ist so cool. The jeep is so cool like this scene in the movie.

Good job!

Oh my freaking god this is amazing! I was ganna make a vig of this but its much better executed as a diorama! Where in the world did you get all those ants???

Edited by darthperson8

So that's why every store keeps running out of Jungle Duel...

Really nice job and very accurate (for what I can remember) detail.

Faramir

PS Can we get a close up of that Ox fig? :cry_happy:

Edited by Faramir

This is totally awesome SirNadroj. You know how to capture the feel of the moment in the movie in each MOC do you have done. Congratulation this is an incredible work :wink: . That are a lot of ants how do you got that much :oh: .

wow, i forgot that these were the creepies in this jones movie... remember when lucas was talking about making a fourth indy movie once the last crusade was done? i remember when he was trying to think of the creepy creatures to put in this one? Heres a list of the creatures in all 4 movies:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Snakes

Temple of Doom: Bugs

Last Crusade: Rats

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Killer Ants

I know many of you know that already, but just wanted to make a list...

On topic, very nice! you keep making these excellent indy dioramas! Very accurate! i like the part when Irina squshes the ant with her knees :tongue: . Ill look foward to your future indy creations. :thumbup:

AMAZING WORK! :cry_happy:

You really captured the scene! There are a lot of nice elements, like the tree, the car and of course the circle the ants do around the skull... :wub::wink:

By the way, how do you have so many giant ants? LOL :tongue:

I see that you reused parts of (or possibly all of) your Fabuland Crystal Skull Transport.

And on a semi-related note: the ants in the movie are the siafu (AKA: driver ants), there have been recorded instance of them attacking people, but nothing like the film. They should have been coming out of a hollowed-out tree, siafu migrate every weak to new hunting grounds, they don't have the time to even dig out huge mounds. I only knew about the stuff in the last scentence from a Discovery channel documentary on the siafu, complain to them, not me

And personally, I think ants are the 3rd coolest insect (2nd being the Praying mantis, 1st being bees)

Incredibly.... disgusting. :tongue:

Man, looks like you really captured the scene well, even though I haven't actually seen the movie yet. My younger brother did though, and he said it looked good. :classic:

Only.... how did you get all those ants? There must be over 50 of them there! :oh3:

Wow, SN. :thumbup: This is definetely my favorite of your MOCs. You've managed to recreate the scene wonderfully, it includes lots of action, including the guy going down the anthill. :sick: The SNOT-y effect works beautifully, adding to the theme.

The plants are great, too- I don't think I've seen the carrot top used like that before, good job. You also made a really cool tree. The curved elements are really slick, and the green-ish bricks under the tree add some depth.

The ants! The ant are wonderfully disgusting. You must have taken a lot of time to position them all, and I like how the ants are swarming around the skull, it just pulls your eye in to that middle detail.

Can't have been fun to position all those ants, though. You probably had to be really, really careful when moving it, they must have been falling all over the place. How many sets did you buy, by the way? :laugh:

I don't like ants either. I love snakes, I work with them, but ants... When I need to feed the lizards at work, I have to use my bare hand to pick up mealworms, they're just as bad. :sick:

:thumbup:

You people think thats supposed to be a lot of ants? In real life, a group (the general colony's army) would actually be 2x10 miles (yes, miles. M.I.L.E.S.) of ants. Flesh eating ants capable of polishing of a deer in 6 minutes tops. You people didn't need to know that, did you?

Edited by cyclone501

Very good MOC SirNadroj! looks incredible wow you have lots of ants! I like how irina Spalko has an ant on her :sweet: One question is Marion on the floor or is it psycho Oxley? looks good I love the fight and how the ants go around the skull.

:thumbup: Really want to see a picture of whoever is on the floor. Great job anyway! keep these coming!

This is an awesome diorama SirNadroj! Your ant collection is surprising for someone who doesn't like them that much. :tongue: The layout is superb with a nice placement of figures and ants. You know it is crazy how in the film the ants can make a little pyrimad and climb up each other to reach Irina Spalko! Can they really do that? :wacko:

Anyway, this scene looks really nice, meeting your usual high standard and giving us something new and unique each time. The anthill with the man being dragged in is awesome! :devil: The jeep is a very nice representation too. :sweet:

Great work, well done! :thumbup:

A wonderful MOC you've made there SirNadroj! :wub:

You've captured the scene superbly, a very accurate reenactment of the scene. I love how you've made the vegetation and the anthill is nice. The jeep is fantastic, the bodyis very well crafted and looks very sleek.

As for the minifigs, Oxley looks great from what I can see. However, concerning Dovchenko, I agree that he would look better with no hair piece. Also, I believe that all of the Soviets were wearing dark tan rather than green in this scene. It's a shame we didn't get any generic dark tan Russians in the Indy 4 sets. Other than those two minor gripes, very well done!

Great work, I hope to see more Indy MOCs from you in the future. :sweet: