Jump to content


Batbrick's Gotham minifigs!


24 replies to this topic

#1 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

Hello EB, I'd like to share with you my recent attempts at customisation, which several members have swayed me towards. Here is a few Gotham players I've made:

Firefly, a pyromaniac villain of Batman. For those not of comic knowledge he uses a jetpack and thermal wings to fly above the flames he causes. I loved the look of the helmet I used as it looked buglike, and the torso looked a bit like a heatsuit.
Posted Image

The wings are made out of a hard kind of paper, I'm really happy how he turned out:
Back view:
Posted Image

A generic Gotham Gangster. You may notice he has a grey fedora, one of my very first paint jobs. Fedoras have huge uses in the Batworld so having 8 brown ones wasn't necessary, and I came pretty dar close to a dark bley colour. I'm happy how the undershirt worked too, and the glasses face:
Posted Image

Gotham prostitute. Yes, as the title so awkwardly says there is a prostitute  :blush:   Sorry if any are offended, but Gotham being Gotham I had to have atleast one. I'm uber glad how the Trixie torso and legs worked for her, combined with the Cruncher's driver head and Spalko hair:
Posted Image

Gotham SWAT team. Those who watch BTAS may notice the resemblance, as these are based off them. I love the rebel heads and dino attack torsos:
Posted Image

My other paintjob. Some of you may recall me wanting a purple fedora for Joker in the 08 line. Sadly there wasn't one, but I'm not one to give up, so here is my second painted fedora, which I'm very happy how the colour came out. Bud the hyena is next to him too, I hope to get the policeman impulse for a second dog to be Lou, the other hyena, or Ha-haciendas as Joker puts it  :laugh:
Posted Image

And of course Montoya, Bullock and Gordon form my Gotham Policestation:
Posted Image

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for looking, and comments appreciated!  :sweet:

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 brickbreaker

brickbreaker

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 24-May 08
    Member: 3187

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

those are great! i love the doughnut for bullock and finaly a joker with fedora
blablachatchatkid fan!
fave themes:
1.agents
2.castle
3.indy
4.mars mission
5.starwars


block block! never forget block block! never!!!!!!!!!

Sig reduced by Hinckley...

#3 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4873
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

Those are some awesome customs Batbrick! :wub: Well done!

The painted fedora's look awesome! Although I really hate modifying Lego, that looks really nice, a may even be tempted to try it (or not, I'd have to at least get some extras :grin: ).

The prostitute was unexpected yet hilarious. :laugh: Trust you... :tongue:

The SWAT team looks nice, as does Firefly, fire is pretty! :oh:

The doughnut is a nice touch to Bullock. You've used some intersting pieces to portray the ideas in all these customs, and it works! Batman would be proud! :sweet:

Looking forward to more! :thumbup:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#4 Oli212Lego

Oli212Lego

    Posts: 109
    Joined: 24-March 08
    Member: 2931
    Country: AMERICA

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:51 AM

I  :wub:  that black fedora!
"We named the dog indiana!"-Dr. jones senior

#5 BlueBard

BlueBard

    Posts: 2225
    Joined: 21-February 08
    Member: 2796
    Country: Spain

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

You did a nice job with joker's fedora, really!  :wink:

What kind of paint did you use?

#6 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:19 PM

A cool work! These painted fedoras look really good, the gangster and Firefly´re great and the SWAT team and your
police crew look very neat too.  :thumbup:

 Batbrick, on May 26 2008, 11:58 AM, said:

Sorry if any are offended, but Gotham being Gotham I had to have atleast one.
Yeah.... she already looks a little tired.... a pretty busy lady of the night I guess....  :tongue:

#7 Skipper 24

Skipper 24

  • I live in Engalnd


    Posts: 2134
    Joined: 03-August 07
    Member: 1851
    Country: England

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:44 PM

Very amazing and good I live them especially the painted fedoras
Posted Image <-- Thanks Hound Knight
Flickr Brickshelf

#8 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

Great job! ) As always.... )  :wub:
I don't even knoe woh to comment here..... Everything is great! )
And you know what? :laugh: Today, I made just the same prostitute minifig! )))))  :grin: Exactly the same! )))))  :thumbup: Great minds indeed go together! )))))   :tongue:

Good day, gentlemen! )  :sweet:

#9 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:17 PM

 brickbreaker, on May 26 2008, 09:25 PM, said:

those are great! i love the doughnut for bullock and finaly a joker with fedora
Thanks brickbreaker, glad you like the donut! (long story)

 dragonator, on May 26 2008, 09:28 PM, said:

Those are some awesome customs Batbrick! :wub: Well done!

The painted fedora's look awesome! Although I really hate modifying Lego, that looks really nice, a may even be tempted to try it (or not, I'd have to at least get some extras :grin: ).
Thanks dragonator, glad you like it. I have eight fedoras so modifying a couple didn't bother me. I hate modifying Lego though too, but trust me painting a piece works a charm!  :sweet:  

 dragonator, on May 26 2008, 09:28 PM, said:

The prostitute was unexpected yet hilarious. :laugh: Trust you... :tongue:
Hehe, yes, it had to happen!

 dragonator, on May 26 2008, 09:28 PM, said:

The SWAT team looks nice, as does Firefly, fire is pretty! :oh:

The doughnut is a nice touch to Bullock. You've used some intersting pieces to portray the ideas in all these customs, and it works! Batman would be proud! :sweet:

Looking forward to more! :thumbup:
Thanks, glad you like 'em!

 Oli212Lego, on May 26 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

I  :wub:  that black fedora!
Thanks, but....er....the fedora is black :laugh:

 BlueBard, on May 26 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

You did a nice job with joker's fedora, really!  :wink:

What kind of paint did you use?
Thanks Bluebard, i have no idea what paint I used frankly, I just found some!  :grin:
I have a pretty good knowledge of colours so mixing whites and peach with dark purple gave a good colour.

 Asuka, on May 27 2008, 02:19 AM, said:

A cool work! These painted fedoras look really good, the gangster and Firefly´re great and the SWAT team and your
police crew look very neat too.  :thumbup:
Thanks Asuka, I'm happy eveyone likes the fedoras for sure, thanks for the comment on the gangster and Firefly too.

 Asuka, on May 27 2008, 02:19 AM, said:

Yeah.... she already looks a little tired.... a pretty busy lady of the night I guess....  :tongue:
:laugh:

 Skipper 24, on May 27 2008, 02:44 AM, said:

Very amazing and good I live them especially the painted fedoras
Thanks Skipper!

 The Penguin, on May 27 2008, 07:10 AM, said:

Great job! ) As always.... )  :wub:
I don't even knoe woh to comment here..... Everything is great! )
And you know what? :laugh: Today, I made just the same prostitute minifig! )))))  :grin: Exactly the same! )))))  :thumbup: Great minds indeed go together! )))))   :tongue:

Good day, gentlemen! )  :sweet:
Appreciated friend, thanks. Exact same? Great minds do think alike!

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#10 zero1312

zero1312

  • Devilish Crap!!!!!


    Posts: 3179
    Joined: 19-March 07
    Member: 1455
    Country: Germany

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

Great job, I love them all, especially Burdock. :grin:
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!


MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

 zero1312, on May 27 2008, 10:13 AM, said:

Great job, I love them all, especially Burdock. :grin:
Thanks Zero, but i think you mean Bullock  :wink:

Batbrick Away!  :devil:

Edited by Batbrick, 27 May 2008 - 12:24 PM.

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#12 iamded

iamded

  • Cannot neigh to save his life.


    Posts: 5033
    Joined: 09-January 07
    Member: 1225
    Country: New Zealand!

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

Late to the thread again! :cry_sad:
Ah well, I'm here, and these look really cool! Firefly is really neat and looks very much like a picture I saw of him in google, which unfortunately I can't link here. The gangster looks great, that fedora is superb. :thumbup: The S.W.A.T people look really nice, although the colours seem a little strange (namely the brown), that's probably just because I haven't seen what they look like in BTAS. The, er, lady of the night looks very fitting too... :look: :laugh:
The purple fedora on The Joker looks really great, very cool indeed! Those officers look very cool too, we saw them in your Gotham Station, didn't we?
~Peace


Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the fun times!


#13 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

 iamded, on May 28 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

Late to the thread again! :cry_sad:
Ah well, I'm here, and these look really cool! Firefly is really neat and looks very much like a picture I saw of him in google, which unfortunately I can't link here. The gangster looks great, that fedora is superb. :thumbup: The S.W.A.T people look really nice, although the colours seem a little strange (namely the brown), that's probably just because I haven't seen what they look like in BTAS. The, er, lady of the night looks very fitting too... :look: :laugh:
The purple fedora on The Joker looks really great, very cool indeed! Those officers look very cool too, we saw them in your Gotham Station, didn't we?
~Peace
Thanks iamded!  Glad oyu think Firefly looks alright, thanks for looking for a pic too!  Yes, the SWAT may seem strange , but they do appear like that in BTAS, very old style, I like it. Yes, we saw the officers in the station, I just wanted to post them again, thanks for your comments!  :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#14 kill will

kill will

    Posts: 627
    Joined: 11-December 07
    Member: 2273
    Country: America

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

That purple fedora looks amazing on the joker, nice paint job!  :thumbup: The firefly is another of my favorites. Maybe for a purist version use geonosian wings.  :look:
A winrar is you!

#15 BearHeart

BearHeart

    Posts: 551
    Joined: 25-November 06
    Member: 1099
    Country: Canada

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

Awesome, awesome... I love custom fleshie figs!!

#16 Bobskink

Bobskink

  • Gumbear Commander


    Posts: 999
    Joined: 29-August 07
    Member: 1925
    Country: Belgium

Posted 30 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

That Joker is great, with the head he reminds me so much of the Jack Nickolson Joker from the older Batman film. He looks freaking freaky!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


#17 Clonecommando007

Clonecommando007

    Posts: 401
    Joined: 27-November 07
    Member: 2232
    Country: America

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

Swat team is cool; not too crazy about those brown legs though.

Painted fedoras are great!  Nice work!  :thumbup:

#18 ???theriddler???

???theriddler???

    Posts: 795
    Joined: 12-June 07
    Member: 1675
    Country: netherlands

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

Those are great, i love them!
When Is The Villain, Not The Villain?

#19 Sir Norman Ray

Sir Norman Ray

    Posts: 322
    Joined: 18-July 07
    Member: 1808
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

Nice work on these! My personal favorite is the SWAT team. God, I loved it when they were called in. Spiderman and XMen had those generic, purple clad goons with plasma rifle things. Batman had a SWAT team that rushed out of an APC armed with Thompson/Sten gun hybrids.
Posted Image
"Look, up there! It's a butterfly!"
Posted Image
"KILL IT!"
(More Pics
http://img139.images.../huthut1wr8.jpg
http://img225.images.../huthut4gi2.jpg )
So yeah, great job and keep up the great work!
-Gentlemen.
The South Essex Sir!
Posted Image I'm going to be there, will you?

#20 Wout

Wout

    Posts: 2679
    Joined: 29-March 07
    Member: 1485
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

Looks very good.

I don't heard of everyone but, they are a nice addition to the batman line.
I love the Purple fedora.
Duke of Equestria

#21 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 01 June 2008 - 08:47 PM

I'll be honest, I'm not really a 'custom piece' fan. I don't doubt the skill needed to make them, and they're often fantastic, but it's just not my thing.

That said, on to the figs.

Firefly is quite nice, and the gangster and lady of the night are pretty good too. The SWAT team is just great, and the Gotham cops are probably as accurate as you're gonna get them. Joker looks fantastic in his fedora, and I see now why we both wanted one from TLC.
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#22 The Joker

The Joker

    Posts: 56
    Joined: 18-April 08
    Member: 3050
    Country: Nowhere

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:09 PM

Wow can i say how impressed i am with that Joker fedora? Great Job Batbrick!!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:

#23 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:16 PM

 kill will, on May 30 2008, 04:59 AM, said:

That purple fedora looks amazing on the joker, nice paint job!  :thumbup: The firefly is another of my favorites. Maybe for a purist version use geonosian wings.  :look:
Thanks kill will, glad to see the fedora getting such good reviews  :cry_happy:
I don't know the geonosian wings, so I'm not sure, but thanks.

 Bobskink, on May 30 2008, 10:20 PM, said:

That Joker is great, with the head he reminds me so much of the Jack Nickolson Joker from the older Batman film. He looks freaking freaky!
Funny you should say that, most incarnations of the Joker wear a prple fedora at one stage, thanks!

 Clonecommando007, on May 30 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

Swat team is cool; not too crazy about those brown legs though.

Painted fedoras are great!  Nice work!  :thumbup:
If you see how they look in the show you'd know, but I appreciate your honesty. And once again the fedoras win!

 Sir Norman Ray, on May 31 2008, 07:05 AM, said:

Nice work on these! My personal favorite is the SWAT team. God, I loved it when they were called in. Spiderman and XMen had those generic, purple clad goons with plasma rifle things. Batman had a SWAT team that rushed out of an APC armed with Thompson/Sten gun hybrids.
So yeah, great job and keep up the great work!
Thanks Sir Norman Ray, glad to see someone who knows the show. Thanks or posting the pics, their legs look a bit silly paused but in movements these guys ruled.  

 Wout, on Jun 1 2008, 05:33 AM, said:

Looks very good.

I don't heard of everyone but, they are a nice addition to the batman line.
I love the Purple fedora.
Thanks Wout, I'm hap at any comment aimed at the fedora!  :grin:

 Brainbox, on Jun 2 2008, 06:47 AM, said:

I'll be honest, I'm not really a 'custom piece' fan. I don't doubt the skill needed to make them, and they're often fantastic, but it's just not my thing.

That said, on to the figs.

Firefly is quite nice, and the gangster and lady of the night are pretty good too. The SWAT team is just great, and the Gotham cops are probably as accurate as you're gonna get them. Joker looks fantastic in his fedora, and I see now why we both wanted one from TLC.
Thanks BB1. I'll be honest too, I'm not a huge fan of custom pieces either. Firefl's wings are likely to be as far as I go for now with custom pieces.

Gld you like the SWAT team, 'specially since you've seen them on BTAS. And once again, Joker Fedora ftw!    

 The Joker, on Jun 2 2008, 09:09 AM, said:

Wow can i say how impressed i am with that Joker fedora? Great Job Batbrick!!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:
Thanks, and see above comment regarding the fedora  :laugh:

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#24 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14705
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:49 PM

Should I just rename this thread "The Purple Fedora" now? Seriously, I want one. Of course, I want a fedora in every colour in the LEGO spectrum, including Fabuland Brown, but that's beside the point. Nice job!

Firefly. As someone mentioned, Geonosian wings might look more organic insect-y, but they're also ridiculously expensive considering they're the same thin plastic that LEGO makes some of their banners from (like the scorpion banners). The cheapest ones of Bricklink right now are $14.25 and they go up to $39.99. :hmpf:

Posted Image

That said, I googled up some images of Firefly, but the best one was from a wiki page that no longer exists. It showed a thumbnail, but even that isn't properly linkable. Whatever the case, the wings were a dead ringer for:

Posted Image

Here's a scan of that page of the instructions if you're interested.

Overall, very nice job. You know, if Trixie the working girl needs any coworkers, you could always dig up my old halter top decal thread. :grin:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#25 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:23 AM

 imperialshadows, on Jun 4 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

Should I just rename this thread "The Purple Fedora" now? Seriously, I want one. Of course, I want a fedora in every colour in the LEGO spectrum, including Fabuland Brown, but that's beside the point. Nice job!
:laugh: , thanks, I might try other pices and colours after this success.

 imperialshadows, on Jun 4 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

Firefly. As someone mentioned, Geonosian wings might look more organic insect-y, but they're also ridiculously expensive considering they're the same thin plastic that LEGO makes some of their banners from (like the scorpion banners). The cheapest ones of Bricklink right now are $14.25 and they go up to $39.99. :hmpf:

Posted Image
:oh3: , to heck with that!

 imperialshadows, on Jun 4 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

That said, I googled up some images of Firefly, but the best one was from a wiki page that no longer exists. It showed a thumbnail, but even that isn't properly linkable. Whatever the case, the wings were a dead ringer for:

Posted Image

Here's a scan of that page of the instructions if you're interested.
Ah, this is much better, thanks a heap shadows. I'l definitely incorporate this, thanks  :cry_happy:

 imperialshadows, on Jun 4 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

Overall, very nice job. You know, if Trixie the working girl needs any coworkers, you could always dig up my old halter top decal thread. :grin:
Oh no! I'm not reading through that again!  :tongue:

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users