Jump to content


Unlikely Society -- FINALLY a new chapter


9 replies to this topic

#1 Joebot

Joebot

  • Mayor of Fluxington


    Posts: 813
    Joined: 09-October 06
    Member: 1014

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:21 AM

Posted Image

Wow, has it really been almost two months since the last Unlikely Society update?? Geez, sorry about that. But this chapter is a doozy. It's ten pages (double the length of most chapters), and it has tons of special effects. I got some new Photoshop filters that I've been having a lot of fun learning how to use.

This one is almost wall-to-wall action! It's the penultimate chapter of the N-Vasion story arc!

I really like the word "penultimate," and it seems like the only place it ever gets used is in comic book solicitations.

Anyway, please check it out and let me know what you think!!

-Joebot

#2 Inertia

Inertia

  • Rebellious Snot


    Posts: 733
    Joined: 03-February 08
    Member: 2653
    Country: Moonlight

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

:laugh:  

The special effects are great, I love this comic strip, it's hilarious... But my favorite character was killed off so early...

Poor Pepperonus!  :laugh:
I Return! I got lost upon the path of Life

Inertiatieri, A Rather DeadCaptain in The Baritones 2!

Hoist the Posted Image colors!!

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic:

Posted Image

Please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#3 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4812
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

I love the special effects, very well done, and the brick built red dragon is awesome! :wub: That is of course my favourite build (as it would be), but some of the other scenes have some cool details as well. You've done a great job on the scenery, and the comic has some funny moments too. :laugh:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#4 zero1312

zero1312

  • Devilish Crap!!!!!


    Posts: 3162
    Joined: 19-March 07
    Member: 1455
    Country: Germany

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

Well done once again, Joebot! :thumbup: Finally I see the "cat" dragon as a whole. Very well built. :sweet:
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!


MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Jipay

Jipay

  • Steve Wet


    Posts: 8388607
    Joined: 27-January 04
    Member: 1
    Country: France

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:23 AM

I so wish that for once they get the credit for saving the world and kick the imposter's asses ! Well done episode. Quite surprisingly, the delay wasn't that bothering, I think the fact that you stoped the previous episode at a crucial moment helped me chaining that episode to the last one.
Well built, and nice to see some action !
Punch on !

#6 Joebot

Joebot

  • Mayor of Fluxington


    Posts: 813
    Joined: 09-October 06
    Member: 1014

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

View Postdragonator, on May 23 2008, 04:45 AM, said:

I love the special effects, very well done, and the brick built red dragon is awesome! :wub: That is of course my favourite build (as it would be), but some of the other scenes have some cool details as well. You've done a great job on the scenery, and the comic has some funny moments too. :laugh:

Thanks! I've been thinking about replacing my brick-built dragon with the red dragon from the Skeleton Tower set. I like my dragon, but it's awfully big and bulky.

Quote

I so wish that for once they get the credit for saving the world and kick the imposter's megablocks ! Well done episode. Quite surprisingly, the delay wasn't that bothering, I think the fact that you stoped the previous episode at a crucial moment helped me chaining that episode to the last one.
Well built, and nice to see some action !
Punch on !

Maybe someday they'll get the credit they deserve!

Thanks for reading, everyone!

#7 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Long Ranger Constraction


    Posts: 29368
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

Excellent work, Joebot! Those Superiors make me so angry! :angry:

Can't wait to see the final chapter! :grin:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#8 Joebot

Joebot

  • Mayor of Fluxington


    Posts: 813
    Joined: 09-October 06
    Member: 1014

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

View PostHinckley, on May 30 2008, 11:42 AM, said:

Excellent work, Joebot! Those Superiors make me so angry! :angry:

Can't wait to see the final chapter! :grin:

Thanks, Hinckley! Yeah, the Superiors are jerks. It's funny though -- Terrificman isn't that far off from the way Superman was portrayed back in the 40's and 50's. If you've got some time to kill, check out a website called Superdickery. They've got tons of actual Superman comic covers, showing all the ways that Superman was a huge jerk. They're bizarre and hilarious.

#9 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:14 AM

View PostJoebot, on Jun 4 2008, 05:43 AM, said:

Thanks, Hinckley! Yeah, the Superiors are jerks. It's funny though -- Terrificman isn't that far off from the way Superman was portrayed back in the 40's and 50's. If you've got some time to kill, check out a website called Superdickery. They've got tons of actual Superman comic covers, showing all the ways that Superman was a huge jerk. They're bizarre and hilarious.
I love that site! Me and my friend killed ourselves laughing at some  :laugh:

As for the comic, I read all these the other day, I must say fantastic work here!  I love Mr Fister the best. Sparkles is also great. You have excellent photoshop skills as well, with great, crisp clean photos. And of course the story is excellent, you manage to get the whole ball rolling quickly from the start. my one criticism is the character Joebot, mainly because to me atleast he seems like a ripoff of Marvin, unless this is intentional as an homage?  Anyway, fantastic work! I'm off to read the classic comics, looking forward to the next one!  :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#10 Joebot

Joebot

  • Mayor of Fluxington


    Posts: 813
    Joined: 09-October 06
    Member: 1014

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Jun 3 2008, 11:14 PM, said:

I love that site! Me and my friend killed ourselves laughing at some  :laugh:

As for the comic, I read all these the other day, I must say fantastic work here!  I love Mr Fister the best. Sparkles is also great. You have excellent photoshop skills as well, with great, crisp clean photos. And of course the story is excellent, you manage to get the whole ball rolling quickly from the start. my one criticism is the character Joebot, mainly because to me atleast he seems like a ripoff of Marvin, unless this is intentional as an homage?  Anyway, fantastic work! I'm off to read the classic comics, looking forward to the next one!  :cry_happy:

Mr. Fister is my favorite too. He's so ... uncomplicated.

I like to think I'm walking that fine line between "homage" and "rip off" with Joebot. I'm a big Douglas Adams fan, and yeah, Joebot is definitely influenced by Marvin.  :classic:

I hope you enjoy the "classic comics." They make me cringe a little bit when I go back and read them. We were totally making that stuff up as we went along. Some of the panel layouts are messy, and I didn't yet know how to do word balloons very well. Maybe someday I'll publish a George Lucas-esque Special Edition version, and clean them up.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users