Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Brando Bulldog the Butcher

builders_guild.gif indexed.gifx2

Here is my latest MOC for the Fabuland Builder's Guild. It took me a long time because I was waiting for some orders from Bricklink and Pick-a-Brick. Then, of course, once I got them I changed my mind about how I wanted to build it. :hmpf: Anyway, it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I like it, but it doesn't look the way I imagined it. Perhaps I'll revisit it at some point, but I think it'll grow on me in the meantime. I think it just turned out much taller than I had imagined and I wanted it to look like a cozy cottage and it doesn't, although I think it looks warm and inviting, just not cozy. What the hell am I babbling about? Anyway, I think the final look fits the story and the Fabuland edge very well. So, without any further babbling here's the MOC:

Brando Bulldog the Butcher

brando_01.jpg

See full gallery here...

Brando Bulldog loves his job as a butcher. Brando Bulldog also loves his wife, Clarice Cow. Everyday, while Clarice tends to her vegetable garden, Brando tells her he's off to work as a plumber, but takes his butcher cart to town to sell meat to the people of Fabuland. He's very careful to keep his shed locked, lest Clarice discovers he's not really a plumber.

Some more pictures: (click any pic for the full gallery)

brando_07.jpgbrando_14.jpgbrando_16.jpgbrando_24.jpg

At first, I wanted to use a similar method to the bricks in Fenrik Fox's house:

up.jpg

but didn't like it very much once I started putting it together. I'm not sure why...

in_process.jpg

But then I saw dragonator's cool new MOC and really fell in love with the brick pattern technique he used. I had seen it used before, but not with such great success and I had experimented with something similar when I was first planning this MOC, except I used 2 x 2, 1 x 2 and 1 x 1 tiles in big patches and it just looked weird. I was going for more of a stone look and it didn't pan out, but the ideas for bricks worked better, IMO and dragonator's MOC was a nice inspiration for me there.

Then, I wanted to build a blue truck like Gordon's:

up.jpg

but didn't have enough of the pieces in one shade of blue, so I made the patchwork one to show the truck was run-down and Brando had run it for years and it was old and reliable:

gordon_01.jpgbrando_19.jpg

I think that's all the story I have to tell about it. It's nice to be back on the board with a Fabuland MOC. I was feeling a little dry there for a minute. Enjoy and please leave feedback! Thanks. :classic:

Good to see you back with a new Fabuland MOC! :sweet: A nice story, that is very funny that he is a butcher and married to a... oh dear. :sceptic: They must get along really well if he hasn't taken her to the chop yet. :tongue: Some nice Fabuland edge there! :thumbup:

Let's see, on to the MOC. I like the chimney pots. Yes that is a very random place to start, but they just jumped out at me when I saw them. Very nice. And the brickwork is really effective! Glad I could be some inspiration there, it looks great! :classic: There is just a perfect balance of bricks and tiles, so it doesn't look crowded. I like that part. Mainly because you mentioned my name, but also because it looks cool. :grin:

I have to agree with you on one thing though, it just seems a little too tall. I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem like a little cottage, it looks more... big. :grin: Maybe it is just the view I'm seeing, or perhaps I'm just imagining things. But I would think of it as being shorter. Wait, I know what it is! The door. It seems too high. I always imagine cottages as having low ceilings, and with the pair standing in front, the door makes the lower floor look a little to tall. Perhaps if you were to make that shorter? But I don't know. Perhaps I'll just shut my mouth and move on now...

Let's see... ah yes! I like the different colours in the path leading up to the door. That looks very effective. And the driveway looks good too, and is well suited to having studs instead of being studless. The interior looks really nice, some good details and furniture in there. :thumbup:

The ivy looks nice on the walls too, it makes them have some life, so they don't look dull like most walls. Now, the little red shed. It has a nice, simple design, with a good sized door in relation to the figures. And the interior... awesome! Is that Clarice's sister? :oh3: Hmmm...

Now, the blue truck is very cool, you have very effectively portrayed a well used and run-down little truck, and it looks very Fabuland. The meat trailer is cool too.

Well in conclusion, a very nice MOC, you have as usual provided us with a stunning and complex MOC to look at. I look forward to the next instalment. :sweet:

EDIT: Hang on, are those... handcuffs on the bed! :oh3: I take it all back, hide it away, it burns my eyes! :sing:

:tongue:

EDIT 2: Oh yes, one more thing. Those arms are not Fabuland! Shock horror! *oh2*

Edited by dragonator

That's fantastic, Hinckley! The Ivy up the side is a nice touch, the whole exterior looks great, especially with that brick pattern you've got with the 1x2 tiles. That Fabuland roofing looks great too, and the meat wagon is looking very nice, I love the leg of meat you've got there. :thumbup: The ramshackle truck looks very neat for a run-down truck. :grin: But I think you accidentally left some handcuffs strapped to the bed in those shots, no idea what they could be doing there. :tongue::wink:

~Peace

A plain charming house in a very distinct shape with a great facade and some really beautiful floristic ornamentation. :thumbup:

That blue truck looks marvelous too, especially in the shot with one of the headlights out of axis. The trailer looks cool too,

but I´m not sure about the use of that white castle window. And of course.... your little shed of horror fulfills all Fabuland

MOC expectations in an even more than satisfying way.... :tongue:

That's pretty funny; a butcher being married to a cow! :tongue: At first glance I thought "Er... what's wrong with being a butcher anway... " :blush: The house is great too. The colours work well together, I love the driveway and the cosy bed, and it still looks Fabulandish with that roof. Great work! :wub:

That is a fantastic MOC you have created Hinckley, I love the colours and the stone/brick facade. The attention to detail on the furniture is awesome, the bed, the quilt, the handcuffs! A little on the macabre side with the Bulldog as butcher and married to the cow. The use of snakes as intestines is very effective! :oh: I personally love the vehicle, it fits wonderfully into the Fabuland theme. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!

That is a fantastic MOC you have created Hinckley, I love the colours and the stone/brick facade. The attention to detail on the furniture is awesome, the bed, the quilt, the handcuffs! A little on the macabre side with the Bulldog as butcher and married to the cow. The use of snakes as intestines is very effective! :oh: I personally love the vehicle, it fits wonderfully into the Fabuland theme. I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!

Thanks! I forgot to mention that the snakes as intense idea was stolen directly from Fellow Guild Member, Sir Nadroj:

5-46.jpg

Great stuff! :thumbup:

I especially love the house!

Although I would have thought there should be more bloody meat around, not just drumsticks and dead Fabulanimals - I mean the stuff you see in a butcher's, with meat on the bone: red and white.

I wonder what Walrus meat tastes like? :cry_happy:

On another note, I do intend to do some more FabuMOCing, it's just that my supply of Fabulanimals has run out :cry_sad: I've only got Charlie and Sinner, but I intend to get another with my next BL order (whenever that may be) and then I'll MOC on! :classic:

I like that roof. I've got to get me some of those parts.

Though with the recent interest in fabuland I bet they're becoming scarce.

Steve

Thanks! I forgot to mention that the snakes as intense idea was stolen directly from Fellow Guild Member, Sir Nadroj:

5-46.jpg

Huh? What's intense? :tongue:

Now, onto the shed. (Yes, it's a little late...)

First off, I really like the general look of it. The... Tudor style, is it? That's what I hear it's called in Castle MOCs. Anyway, the roof is great sloped to one side like that, and the red/yellow and black colour scheme looks great! The Arkham padlock is a neat touch, and the brown chain fits in much better than a grey or black one would. The back (or side) with the window looks very nice, I mean that, really nice. All polite and kind looking. :laugh: The complete opposite of the brutal interior. :devil: The hanging chains and pools of blood, the mangled corpses, the shadows, all look fantastic. The intestine snakes are another great detail, and I really like the weapons, er, utensils you've chosen, especially the spiked club meat tenderiser! :laugh: Great job once again!

~Peace

Hinckley, this is an another very wonderful nice addition to the FBG.

IMO, I feel that the house is well-design. It does give a feel of cosy and warmth. The tan and grey bricks combination certainly bring through a layer of medival like and smooth feel. :sweet: The vines on the side of the house are cleverly used.

As for the shed, the cow part looks real. Brando sure used lots of tools for his "work". :devil:

Ingenious! The story was absolutely hilarious, let's hope "working Overtime" for Mr. Bulldog doesn't involve his cow wife in any way! Stick to the noobs from Vader's chamber!

Darkforestfan :pirate:

On 19 May 2008 at 9:12 AM, Siegfried said:

That's pretty funny; a butcher being married to a cow! :tongue:

Yep!

Edited by The lego fan

On 23/10/2016 at 11:24 PM, The lego fan said:

Yep!

Mice moc!

On 22/10/2016 at 7:44 PM, The lego fan said:

Nice!

Please don't bump topics that have been dead for 8 years for such a unimportant reply...

2 hours ago, Siegfried said:

Please don't bump topics that have been dead for 8 years for such a unimportant reply...

Very, very sorry!!!!

I have taken this into account.