I don't see how there could be any doubt that this set is not
like the ISD or Republic Cruiser as it clearly states in the description of the choice what is included in the set:
Cruiser Control Room and Hangar with A-wing
But since this is a thread about opinions rather than facts, here is what I think: It should be this way.
Why? A couple of reasons:
- A whole cruiser would surely cost more than just a room, the usual small hangar stuff, and a starfighter that is only worth about $15 itself. Also, I hate the fact that all the good figs are usually in the most expensive sets!
It wouldn't cost as much to get an Ackbar this way.
- Let's face it: Except for the control room and the hangar we don't know anything about the interior of this cruiser! So, I would rather have TLC concentrate on a detailed and proportionally correct version of these two parts of the ship than a nice looking exterior of the whole thing with tiny versions of them crammed in it and some made-up other parts of the interior (like in the Republic Cruiser
- What kind of parts would the whole cruiser have? Grey plates patched on a Technic construction and some grey greebs.
What kind of parts would a control room and an A-Wing have? All the cool, differently colored parts you can expect to find in such a place/vehicle!
I think that we can use monitors, furniture, windows, hinges, etc. much better for our MOCs than grey plates and Technic parts!
- I don't know if this is an official term, but I know this: A complete model of the Mon Calamari Cruiser would be much harder to swoosh than an A-Wing, possibly harder than the Republic Cruiser even!
- Getting a new minifig-sized A-Wing would mean quite an opportunity for us! Those who missed out on the last one would have the chance to catch up, and those who already have one or more of them and would be getting this set just for the Ackbar fig could expand their armada! A-Wing armies ON!
There you have it! Of course, a complete cruiser would have its benefits, too, but this would make more sense to me!
Btw, if we don't get the whole cruiser (or no Calamari set at all), then the chances are even higher that we will get something even better soon: A UCS Mon Calamari Cruiser!
Palin Jax, on May 12 2008, 03:46 PM, said:
Come on guy's, is this really a poll?
I mean, sweat Star Destroyer
Size or cheese Hoth door
Hm... I think I prefer cheese over sweat!
But honestly, I don't even care about any of this as Choice 1 is absolutely the way to go for me!
Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi, 13 May 2008 - 12:28 AM.