Brainbox

Bat-MOC Goody-Bag part 3

Welcome to Bat-MOC Goody-Bag part 3. It's certainly been a long time coming. :laugh:

Technically, this should be volume 3, seeing as how it's not really connected to the first 2 in any thing but name. But I called the second goody bag part 2 so I'm keeping the name.

Noticing your blank faces, here's what's on show:

a quick piece of artwork

a MOD

7 MOCs

a vig

Lots of small things this time.

MOCs

Bat-jetski

I was looking at Robin's speedboat/jetski thing a while ago, and figured that Bats could do with one. So I followed a similar design and came up with this.

205a.jpg

212a.jpg

I used a spare sticker from one of the sets on this. I slightly missed the centre, and while it's not obvious in these photos, it really annoys me :laugh:

Gallery

Bat-strike

It's not initially obvious what a 'Bat-strike' is, but according to a book I have it's the name Bats has given to one of those underwater diving sleds. This is slightly based of one seen in Superman/Batman: Supergirl, but only slightly.

213a.jpg

218a.jpg

Gallery

Underwater Batsuit

You may have noticed that Bats was just wearing an underwater variant of his costume. Here's a better look:

217a.jpg

Nice and simple, but I like it. The clawed thing he has is a little grabbing device for picking things up off the seafloor (or more likely the bottom of Gotham harbour), like Kryptonite, for example.

Gallery (only one other pic, hardly worth the bother :laugh: )

Bat-armour

When facing foes far stronger than himself, like the Scarebeast and even Supes on occasion, Batman has been known to use a suit of Batarmour. I decided to make a suit that looked like it could hold a minifig, but actually doesn't.

222a.jpg

The funny thing is, it's bigger than a minifig and the Batarang is still too big.

224a.jpg

229a.jpg

Gallery

Robin's Batcycle

I figured that Robin needed his own Batcycle. So I borrowed Bane's bike and added one piece to it:

232a.jpg

234a.jpg

Gallery

Micro Tumbler

I'm not sure if this is a design I'm completely happy with, but never mind. It's built to the same size as my other Mini Batmobiles.

237a.jpg

240a.jpg

I particularly like the rear wheel assembly though.

Gallery

Batglider

I'm counting this as a MOC rather than a MOD, as there's not really anything here to link it to the Arkham glider (well, save the wing pieces). It's based on the glider from Batman: Year One.

256a.jpg

257a.jpg

258a.jpg

260a.jpg

269a.jpg

You know, in silouette it would look rather like a bat...

Gallery

MODs

Batplane (Batwing MOD)

I decided that when he was jetsetting around the world to fight crime, or perhaps visit such places as Nada Parbat, Bats would likely take some comany in the shape of Robin. So I MODed the Batwing to have two seats in the cockpit. But in doing so, this became a Batplane, as the unspoken rule is that the Batwing has one seat, the Batplane has two or more.

This was rather difficult to photgraph well, for some reason, so do your best.

272a.jpg

As well as adding in an extra seat, I also made the whole thing flatter, removed the rear missile and removed the wing missiles. The nose was slightly rebuilt as well.

290a.jpg

Ooh, next door's chair seems to have fallen over...

292a.jpg

291a.jpg

293a.jpg

The back was rebuilt to allow headroom for Robin, and also to give a more streamlined shape.

305a.jpg

Robin has to sit in the back...

307a.jpg

... while Bats sits in the front. The front seat is a stud lower than the rear one, so as to accomodate the cowl.

308a.jpg

I think this is the clearest image of the lot!

Gallery

Other

Artwork

Just a quick piece of Lego Batman art, done as a sketch for a larger project (coming soon).

235a.jpg

Ignore the question marks... :wink:

Batbrick

In his MOCs and MODs treat, Batbrick first gave me a haircut, then a new hairstyle, then pined my unfortunate (and unwanted) temporary break from the site. Damn computer problems... :hmpf_bad:

So, in the depths of the BatbrickCave, Batbrick corners a theif. Hmm, I wonder who it is...

246a.jpg

248a.jpg

250a.jpg

:grin:

And that's all for Bat-MOC 3 (I couldn't be bothered typing the whole name). There will be a part 4 in the future, as I've already got a couple of things that can go in it. Hopefully it won't take as long as this one did.

In the meantime, check out my other Bat-MOCs and Bat-MODs (not the Batcave shelf though, ignore that).

Questions and comments are, as always, welcome.

Edited by Brainbox

Finally it's here!

Great work Brainbox, you didn't disappoint, I'll go through each one:

The Jetski:

Nice stuff, I like how it's about the same size as the Robin one, it looks very sleek. One thing I'd change is probably a 1x1 black slope on the tail fin. If you ever get the Racer X car too, you'd be able to use the black slopes to make it even more sleek. As it stands, it's still really cool, and Bats looks great in it.

Bat-Strike:

Oh, this is it! I saw something very similar in a Ra's Al Ghul comic, it was longer though. Nice work here, the studded look works well I'm surprised, and Bats again looks pretty good on it. I like your underwater Batman too, simple but effective, though he looks pretty dusty for a guy who's been underwater! :tongue:

Bat-Armour:

I love this. I really do. Fantastic work here, the mech suit is the one thing in Batman's world that certainly benefits from being grey and not black, so good choice. The construction itself is fantastic, most mech suits obviously don't carry an mf as they are too small or skeletal, and while you can tell with this one, it is much better for being chunky and looking like it could accommodate him. I also love it as it is built mostly out of 1x1 pieces, I love these kind of constructions, nice use of the dish piece too :thumbup:

Robin's Batcycle:

Well it couldn't be the Redbird if it wasn't red could it? :grin: Nice going here, simple, but good to get him a bike, I have yet to do that. It benefits from being dark green to, as he looks fairly good on it. I need a red helmet now, I only have a printed one!

Micro Tumbler:

I love this too. Great work on the back, the wheels and angles are very effective. The wheels at the front a probably too small, but I can't see how that can be avoided, so overall I'd say you should be happy with it, nice use of the 1x1 slope at the front too.

Year One Glider:

And isn't it just the spitting image of it! Great job, keeping the batwings were a good idea, they are very versatile. I love the way he hooks into the cockpit, that's rather clever, and he looks great in it! It also looks a bit like the one from Tales of the Demon, which is a compliment, I liked that one. One thing I'd change is putting a 1x1 studless piece on the two studs at the back, they looks out of place sticking out, but that's just a small complaint.

Batwing Mod:

Very nice! You seem to have taken a leaf from my book in terms of changing the cockpit to be airtight, it looks much better that way. I like how it is much sleeker now, and the two seats are very good, I'm surprised they both fit under that one pane of glass. Great job overall, just one question, what will you do for a Batplane? :grin:

Artwork:

Very nice, I love your shading, he is rather tall, but that adds to the mystique of the character, I've always loved in the comics and BTAS when he does the whole "shrouded figure" thing, and you've captured this well. But i can't ignore those question marks....

Batbrick:

:laugh: , thanks for giving me a laugh, I needed that! Great job here, a simple but hilarious vig. That's rather mean of you though, after all these vigs I've done for you, you steal my suit! (that magically makes me fleshie for some reason :wacko: )

One question though, how did you know I wear white underwear?

I look forward to more Brainbox! Fantastic stuff here that'll make any Batfan excited, but for now:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks Ronan and Bluebard :classic:

Cheers Batbrick.

The Jetski:

Nice stuff, I like how it's about the same size as the Robin one, it looks very sleek. One thing I'd change is probably a 1x1 black slope on the tail fin. If you ever get the Racer X car too, you'd be able to use the black slopes to make it even more sleek. As it stands, it's still really cool, and Bats looks great in it.

I might think about it later, perhaps when I make my Batcave. And I will be MODing Racer X's car when I get it, so I may well end up with some slopes after all.

Bat-Strike:

Oh, this is it! I saw something very similar in a Ra's Al Ghul comic, it was longer though. Nice work here, the studded look works well I'm surprised, and Bats again looks pretty good on it. I like your underwater Batman too, simple but effective, though he looks pretty dusty for a guy who's been underwater! :tongue:

It's a wonder I don't have asthma with all the dust in my room! Take a look at some of the Batplane pictures and you'll see what I mean.

Bat-Armour:

I love this. I really do. Fantastic work here, the mech suit is the one thing in Batman's world that certainly benefits from being grey and not black, so good choice. The construction itself is fantastic, most mech suits obviously don't carry an mf as they are too small or skeletal, and while you can tell with this one, it is much better for being chunky and looking like it could accommodate him. I also love it as it is built mostly out of 1x1 pieces, I love these kind of constructions, nice use of the dish piece too :thumbup:

I rather like it too actually. It's small, but still bulky and it looks pretty strong. I felt that in black it wouldn't look quite as armour-ish. As for the dish, I just really like the piece.

Robin's Batcycle:

Well it couldn't be the Redbird if it wasn't red could it? :grin: Nice going here, simple, but good to get him a bike, I have yet to do that. It benefits from being dark green to, as he looks fairly good on it. I need a red helmet now, I only have a printed one!

That, and I prefer 'Redbird' as the car. Hmm, there's an idea...

Micro Tumbler:

I love this too. Great work on the back, the wheels and angles are very effective. The wheels at the front a probably too small, but I can't see how that can be avoided, so overall I'd say you should be happy with it, nice use of the 1x1 slope at the front too.

Yeah, the way I did the front wheels was the only way I could think of, and I don't think there are any I couldn't think so either. Not my favourite mini Batmobile, but I'm not too disappointed with it.

Year One Glider:

And isn't it just the spitting image of it! Great job, keeping the batwings were a good idea, they are very versatile. I love the way he hooks into the cockpit, that's rather clever, and he looks great in it! It also looks a bit like the one from Tales of the Demon, which is a compliment, I liked that one. One thing I'd change is putting a 1x1 studless piece on the two studs at the back, they looks out of place sticking out, but that's just a small complaint.

Thank you. The 'handle bars' should really be grey and more bar-like, but I don't really care. As for the studs at the back, perhaps it would look better studless, but I just can't be bothered changing it :laugh:

Batwing Mod:

Very nice! You seem to have taken a leaf from my book in terms of changing the cockpit to be airtight, it looks much better that way. I like how it is much sleeker now, and the two seats are very good, I'm surprised they both fit under that one pane of glass. Great job overall, just one question, what will you do for a Batplane? :grin:

This is the Batplane. Did I not...? *quickly edits in Batplane title* No, I didn't.

And if I'm honest, I was surprised as well! It took ages to get the cockpit to work.

Artwork:

Very nice, I love your shading, he is rather tall, but that adds to the mystique of the character, I've always loved in the comics and BTAS when he does the whole "shrouded figure" thing, and you've captured this well. But i can't ignore those question marks....

Yeah, he is a little tall. But that's because he was done a while ago, before I'd perfected my minifig art technique.

Batbrick:

:laugh: , thanks for giving me a laugh, I needed that! Great job here, a simple but hilarious vig. That's rather mean of you though, after all these vigs I've done for you, you steal my suit! (that magically makes me fleshie for some reason :wacko: )

One question though, how did you know I wear white underwear?

Quite alright. And I believe it's called stalking... :devil:

Those´re some very neat works, I especially like that great Bat-armor, the excellent Micro Tumbler and your elegant and solid Batplane.

That little Batglider looks like The Bat could´ve a lot of fun with it too! :thumbup:

Cheers Batbrick.

No problem, I was looking forward to it for a while and it paid off.

I might think about it later, perhaps when I make my Batcave. And I will be MODing Racer X's car when I get it, so I may well end up with some slopes after all.

Nice, when you say "make my Batcave" do you mean extend?

It's a wonder I don't have asthma with all the dust in my room! Take a look at some of the Batplane pictures and you'll see what I mean.

Oh dear! It's horrible! Kaff Kaff! *chokes*

I rather like it too actually. It's small, but still bulky and it looks pretty strong. I felt that in black it wouldn't look quite as armour-ish. As for the dish, I just really like the piece.

Yes, in black it would look a little Black Fantasy really. I think the dish works though.

That, and I prefer 'Redbird' as the car. Hmm, there's an idea...

No! I never want to see that car again! :tongue:

Yeah, the way I did the front wheels was the only way I could think of, and I don't think there are any I couldn't think so either. Not my favourite mini Batmobile, but I'm not too disappointed with it.

It works well enough, I too can't see a much better way than upscaling it.

Thank you. The 'handle bars' should really be grey and more bar-like, but I don't really care. As for the studs at the back, perhaps it would look better studless, but I just can't be bothered changing it :laugh:

No Batfan says "I can't be bothered" about their subject :wink:

This is the Batplane. Did I not...? *quickly edits in Batplane title* No, I didn't.

That's better. Now, what are you going to do for the Batwing?

Yeah, he is a little tall. But that's because he was done a while ago, before I'd perfected my minifig art technique.

He's fine still, I like the cowl, a good cross between a proper one and the "motorcycle helmet cowl" in Lego.

Quite alright. And I believe it's called stalking... :devil:

Scary...... :look:

Thanks for including me though, I think...

Batbrick Away! :devil:

That little Batglider looks like The Bat could´ve a lot of fun with it too! :thumbup:

:grin: It's almost enough for me to want to take up hangliding.

Nice, when you say "make my Batcave" do you mean extend?

I mean the Batcave shelf. It'll take forever, but it'll be fun to do, and should (hopefully) look really good when finished.

Oh dear! It's horrible! Kaff Kaff! *chokes*

You may also have noticed that a lot of the dust suddenly disappears. That's because I decided it was too dirty, dusted it, then carried on photographing. Some of the post-dust photos weren't good enough to be used, so I had to stick with some of the pre-dust ones.

No! I never want to see that car again! :tongue:

Yeah... but I suppose it's better than his other vehicle. The Super Cycle from Young Justice :laugh:

Now, what are you going to do for the Batwing?

:oh: Erm...

Thanks for including me though, I think...

Quite alright. Now I need to think of something to go in part 4... :wink:

w0w!!!! I love everything!

Thank you.