Sign in to follow this  
Sir Norman Ray

Para's Looking for HQ

On the 6th June, 1944, the largest land, sea and air operation known to man took place. Thousands of troops were shipped across the English Channel to storm Fortress Europe and gain a foothold in German Normandy. But hours before the landings, thousands of men dropped into occupied Europe under the cover of dark. British Glider troops and airborne to the East, to take the two steel bridges and to silence an gun emplacement. TO the West though, thousands of American soldiers were dropped all over the countryside, missing their drop zones by miles. Their objectives, to harass the enemy and disrupt communication was done despite units being made up of a few men, some of whom had lost their weapons and equipment in the drop.

In this scene, we see one such unit of men, walking across a small bridge heading to their HQ, meeting up with a young private as they did so.

prev.jpg

These are my first pics of my BrickArms WW2 Squad. I gave them the huge backpacks to represents the parachute's and all the stuff they carried. My squad is actually begining to form characters thanks to the different heads. So please be fair to me on my first attempt. I think I've posted this in the right area, I usually hide in the Pirates section you see. Rest of the pictures are here

Very cool, the scenery, though not Lego, does look amazing, I never would have thought to mix it with Lego! Reminds me of those electric train displays or those Warhammer scenery displays. :grin: I look forward to seeing more from this!

~Peace

Very cool, the scenery, though not Lego, does look amazing, I never would have thought to mix it with Lego! Reminds me of those electric train displays or those Warhammer scenery displays. :grin: I look forward to seeing more from this!

~Peace

Aha, you spotted it. Yes, it's in fact BOTH! When I first started Warhammer 40,000 back in 1999, a friend of the family gave me a tonne of his old stuff. He also used to have a train set, and he gave me the board to fight on. I plan to sell it off soon, but I thought it'd be good enough for a quick scene, plus the sun was shining. (I must complain about that, this is England after all.)

I do hope to do more scenes soon, showing off my squad of soldiers.