Sign in to follow this  
Morgan19

All replies are suddenly "branching tree" variety?

Okay, I can't figure this one out... My last visit to EB was a couple days ago and everything was fine. I came back today and now suddenly all threads just show the OP, then with a "branching tree" of replies underneath it, sort of like Bricklink's or Lugnet's boards, instead of displaying all replies "normally" like the OP.

Is this a setting somewhere that somehow changed itself and I just don't see? :cry_sad: I sincerely hope this isn't a required change with the new boards... I much prefer showing all replies at once without having a tree to click through, and am hoping it's just a hard-to-find setting somewhere.

Looks like this:

untitled-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

m19

Edited by Morgan19

Check your profile; it HAS to be in there. I've already visited several topics here and they aren't in this style. :wink:

Overturn every rock and stone there; leave NOTHING untouched in your profile! :grin:

You've somehow switched to either linear or outline, I can't remember which is which. But the option is in your options list in the top right hand corner of any topic's first post. Click the options button, the drop-down menu pops-up > under Display modes switch to Standard

Oh sorry. I was going to reply to this but I forgot. Hinckley is right; somehow you have switched to Outline mode. I really should use that mode occasionally.

Huh, weird. I know for a fact I've never gone into that options dropdown (given that I didn't even know it was there) and amn't sure how that switched itself around, but have it fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out-- I was looking through options in my profile and never thought to look in the actual thread.

m19

Huh, weird. I know for a fact I've never gone into that options dropdown (given that I didn't even know it was there) and amn't sure how that switched itself around, but have it fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out-- I was looking through options in my profile and never thought to look in the actual thread.

Don't worry - it happened to me just now. I was googling "Flying Pirate Ship" and Mr Tiber's Hinckley's one came up. I clicked on the image, closed the resulting frame, to give the EB thread, and I'd switched to linear :wacko:

Things to come? Maybee

It did that to me once, which was annoying, it took ages to find this topic, search was no good! :hmpf_bad:

Things to come? Maybee

What do you mean?

:skull:

some users use the forum in this function, then when you conduct a search on a search engine and it comes up with that posters post, it will go to that setting, then when you leave that, your stuck with that old setting, it happened to me too! and this was the best explanation i could come up with, i could be wrong but i think i am in the ball park!

i found my answer/solution after looking at the options tab so i was fine in a short while but for that split second i thought OHH NO, i realy hope this forum never makes it the standard setting, it confuses me too much...

Regards Cpt. PB

Yeah, I never liked those "threaded" forums. I'm used to posts all being in a continuous coliumn, not some being considered "replies" to earlier specific posts rather than the thread in general. I don't know if that style is from Usenet or something...I started posting at forums in 2002 when it was already dying out at most places. Alkthough I'm not used to forums with zillions of features in general...one of my first forums didn't allow avatars, images, formatting (even stuff like bold or italics), quoting, etc. and now almost all forums are overblown with way too many settings for me.

Edited by MoonCheese

Since yesterday when I go onto a Thread it doesnt show the Pages of Replies, It shows the Original Post and at the bottom it shows the Names of the people and there beginings of there posts. Is it a New thing? If so its extremely annoying!

Annoying.jpg

Help? Thanks :thumbup:

You've switched your view to "outline" or "linear". Go to "Options" on this page and switch back to standard.

Hello Joey Lock,

I believe you had selected "Outline" mode in the options.

You will be able to locate the options button the right hand side of each individual topic. Within that options button, there are few useful features in there. Look below, and you will notice the "Display Mode".

The format, which we are familar with is the "Standard" mode. You can adjust the display settings via there. Hope this answer of mine, is useful to you. Do post back here, if you have any more doubts. :wink:

WhiteFang

Edit: Sinner is faster than me. :tongue:

Edited by WhiteFang

Edit: Sinner is faster than me. :tongue:

Ahhh, but you've given the better answer. :tongue: I'm going to merge this with the last topic like this. :wink:

Ahhh, but you've given the better answer. :tongue: I'm going to merge this with the last topic like this. :wink:

Thanks Guys!

This happened to me too. I was browsing and all was well when it switched for some reason, weird. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I just remembered this was after coming to the site from Google. Weird stuff.

Edited by filefolders

Sorry for my newbism, but why putting the posts on a list instead of showing them all? Is there a way to change it?

Nevermind, i just found out what to do...

Good work! :sweet: Since your problem seemed to be the old "I've switched to Outline" problem I've merged it with the mega topic...

Hello Specever,

I could not view the image which you have posted, but based on Zorro's response, I assumed you have a problem with the display format between standard and outline. You may have click it accidently. Take a look at this topic, and let me know if this is the problem which you have encountered. If so, let me know if you have resolve it as well. Once this is done, I will move and merge this topic to the Website and Forums.

Take a look at here

WhiteFang

Hello Specever,

I could not view the image which you have posted, but based on Zorro's response, I assumed you have a problem with the display format between standard and outline. You may have click it accidently. Take a look at this topic, and let me know if this is the problem which you have encountered. If so, let me know if you have resolve it as well. Once this is done, I will move and merge this topic to the Website and Forums.

Take a look at here

WhiteFang

G'day,

I have already fixed this problem via Zorro's response. Thank you anyway.

I have already fixed this problem via Zorro's response. Thank you anyway.

Glad to know that the problem is fixed. I will merged and moved your topic to the correct location.

Today when I was looking at the front page on Classic Pirates, I clicked on "discussion forum" then clicked on a topic, when I started to scroll down the page I noticed that all the posts were were under this thing called "Posts in this topic" In order to see the posts I had to click on them individually . Note, this is not what I want and I am not sure if I did this unintentionally or if the site has changed it. I f I can change this please give me instructions on how to.

Edited by Broadside

Today when I was looking at the front page on Classic Pirates, I clicked on "discussion forum" then clicked on a topic, when I started to scroll down the page I noticed that all the posts were were under this thing called "Posts in this topic" In order to see the posts I had to click on them individually . Note, this is not what I want and I am not sure if I did this unintentionally or if the site has changed it. I f I can change this please give me instructions on how to.
Does the info in this thread help you? You´ve messed with the Options-buttom.

CopMike