Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

iamded birthday mecha special!

indexed.gif

Happy birthday iamded, here's a little thing I cooked up for you last week over a number of days. I wanted to improve my mech building skills, and I wanted to incorporate your favourite theme (Rock Raiders) and the look of oyur sigfig for a good b-day present. So, without further ado, I give you the Iamded Rockraider Mech Special!

p1220918.jpg

As you can see it has iamded's robot arm, but also the look of a rock raider torso and digging implements on the arms:

p1220919.jpg

p1220920.jpg

The back was very hard, but I'm pretty happy with it, considering my poor amount of blue:

p1220921.jpg

Your robot arm iamded!

p1220923.jpg

p1220925.jpg

Here you are in the cockpit:

p1220931.jpg

And here's how you get in:

p1220933.jpg

p1220934.jpg

Inside:

p1220940.jpg

Sigfig compare, but just imagine you with the rockraider torso:

p1220943.jpg

In action, showing off its great balance and digging capabilities:

p1220944.jpg

p1220945.jpg

p1220948.jpg

"Why are you doing this? I made this for you!" :laugh:

p1220952.jpg

"Oh, thanks!"

p1220953.jpg

I'm really happy with the arms and legs in particular:

p1220959.jpg

Last look:

p1220966.jpg

More pics here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=317750

Hope you liked it bud! I enjoyed building it for you, hope you have a great birthday!

Comments and criticism welcome!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Gah... :wub:

That's an awesome birthday present Batbrick! iamded is going to be so happy! :cry_happy: It looks so real, it's beautiful! :wub:

Oh wow this is brilliant. Brilliant may be a term thrown around often these days, but this really is brilliant. It perfectly represents the minifig and that grey claw/arm is just gorgeous. The fact you claim you have a poor blue collection as well is insane. There is more blue on this MOC than I have in my whole collection.

I'm sure iamded will love this.

As Exo-Builder said, it is a great moc, and a realy nice dedication to iamded. :thumbup:

Stauder.

I hope iamded likes it, because you did a great job building the mech! :thumbup:

That´s a great mecha in a neat color scheme and in a distinct shape, solid and original, with two impressive and cool arms. :thumbup:

Dig it, smash it and finally blast it on! :laugh:

This is a great mech, BatBrick :wub: . It really has the RR feel to itself. And the grey left arm is a very nice touch to match Iamded's sigfig.

You were really kind to built such a beautiful present for Iamded :thumbup: .

LuxorV

What a nice birthday present. :sweet:

Somehow it reminds me of a CERTAIN contest. :laugh::wink:

Great stuff as usual, Batbrick! I love that you chose an unusual subject - mining mechs! And the design is just sweet - bulky construction, cool specialized arms, and lots of greebles! :sweet:

Iamded will sure love this. :thumbup:

Gah... :wub:

That's an awesome birthday present Batbrick! iamded is going to be so happy! :cry_happy: It looks so real, it's beautiful! :wub:

Thanks Exobuilder mate! Glad you like it, and don't worry, I'll make you something later :cry_happy:

Oh wow this is brilliant. Brilliant may be a term thrown around often these days, but this really is brilliant. It perfectly represents the minifig and that grey claw/arm is just gorgeous. The fact you claim you have a poor blue collection as well is insane. There is more blue on this MOC than I have in my whole collection.

I'm sure iamded will love this.

Wow, thankyou, I'm really flattered, I am. I'm really glad it looks a lot like iamded too, thanks. And I probably worded the blue collection bit badly, I should've said "Blue slopes" collection, as I had totally run out of any blue sloped in this thing which is why the blue arm has that flat studless piece on it.

As Exo-Builder said, it is a great moc, and a realy nice dedication to iamded. :thumbup:

Stauder.

Thankyou Stauder, I'm happy to please.

I hope iamded likes it, because you did a great job building the mech! :thumbup:

Thankyou Tacticus, this is my 4th ever mech, so I'm glad people are liking it, I've developed a real love of them and making them all unique.

That´s a great mecha in a neat color scheme and in a distinct shape, solid and original, with two impressive and cool arms. :thumbup:

Dig it, smash it and finally blast it on! :laugh:

Thanks as always Asuka, I'm happy it's original. The thin hips leading up to a wide frame in particular was extremely hard and fun, so thanks.

What a nice birthday present. :sweet:

Somehow it reminds me of a CERTAIN contest. :laugh::wink:

:laugh:, yes, it is a bit like that contest insn't it? Thanks for the comment.

Great stuff as usual, Batbrick! I love that you chose an unusual subject - mining mechs! And the design is just sweet - bulky construction, cool specialized arms, and lots of greebles! :sweet:

Iamded will sure love this. :thumbup:

Thankyou for your kind comments Grevious mate, I liked building a minig mech, and I'm VERY happy you like the greebles and bulkiness, I was afraid it had become silly looking.

This is a great mech, BatBrick :wub: . It really has the RR feel to itself. And the grey left arm is a very nice touch to match Iamded's sigfig.

You were really kind to built such a beautiful present for Iamded :thumbup: .

Thanks LuxorV friend, It's nice to hear it retained RR qualities. Thanks for the comment about my being nice too, but it isn't true, I owed it to him, iamded is a great guy.

Can a humble mech builder please have a few questions from a god of mech building please?

Did the legs turn out good, as well as the arms? I've been trying to improve and cover up the joints as much as I can while keeping mobility.

Is the main body okay? I was afraid it was to chunky. I mean, it IS a sturdy mining mech but still, I just hope the design is good. I am happy with the rock raider torso resemblance though.

And one last question, do you think it is unique enough? I was hoping to make something fairly different while still bipedal. Thanks for your comments LuxorV, you are very kind to an amateur like me :blush:

Thanks LuxorV friend, It's nice to hear it retained RR qualities. Thanks for the comment about my being nice too, but it isn't true, I owed it to him, iamded is a great guy.

Can a humble mech builder please have a few questions from a god of mech building please?

Did the legs turn out good, as well as the arms? I've been trying to improve and cover up the joints as much as I can while keeping mobility.

Is the main body okay? I was afraid it was to chunky. I mean, it IS a sturdy mining mech but still, I just hope the design is good. I am happy with the rock raider torso resemblance though.

And one last question, do you think it is unique enough? I was hoping to make something fairly different while still bipedal. Thanks for your comments LuxorV, you are very kind to an amateur like me :blush:

First of all: don't be too humble. You're a great mech builder, imo, and you can be proud of it :thumbup: .

I think the legs and arms came out very well. You covered the joins and kept high mobility, and those two features are always difficult to combine in a well balanced mech. The legs look maybe a bit thin, compared to the torso. But, to a carful observer, they show their great strength. Those hip covers seem to lock together when in the upright position, granting high stability. Yet, they have great mobility. The feet (a part I always spend a lot of time and efforts in my mecha) are well designed for stability: they're large and have front and back projections for extra stability. The arms are well balanced, and the shoulder hollows grant again high mobility. Being a mech-with-hands lover, I find those arms a bit clumsy, but they're perfectly fitted for the work this mech is supposed to do :wink: . And the left arm has a useful pincer-like feature (I don't know if it's an effective pincer, or just a cover for the mining laser I now see, by the way it's holding you, it is an effective pincer :grin: ).

The main body (always a difficult part to build, even if it may seem the simplest) is very well done, with the cockpit copying Iamded's helmet, and the windscreen as visor :thumbup: . Moreover, it really has that RR feel to itself.

Lastly, if this mech isn't unique, I don't know whatever mech can :laugh: .

LuxorV

Wow, thanks Batbrick! This is truely awesome! :wub: :wub:

The overall look of it is awesome, a wonderful representation of my sig-fig and my love for Rock Raiders through a big, sturdy mining mech! :laugh::thumbup:

The legs are awesome (don't ask why I'm starting at the legs... :grin:), nicely covering up the joints, keeping smooth and SNOTy, and being good and bulky to support the rest of the mech. :thumbup:

The torso is sweet, nicely representing Jet's Rock Raider's torso and lookin' snazzy in that colour scheme, especially with those new slope pieces. :thumbup: I love the inclusion of that striped road barricade 4x1 piece, it fits in so nicely and gives it that heavy duty feel. :sweet: I also love how you've added that detailing onto the shoulder joint piece with the technic pin holes, they smooth it off and add to the awesomeness, and the little pressure gauges add to the technical look. Even the back looks sweet, you've really done a great job here!

The cockpit is also neat, with a wide view range, easy access, a nifty little control system and a smooth top. I also love the spiked 1x4 plates, they are neat. :grin:

The digger arm looks nice and strong, great for clearing away rubble and keeping to that delicious blue/yellow/grey colour scheme. Also good for whacking the megabloks outta my enemies! :laugh: The robot arm is wonderful, with that dark grey colouring just like my sig-fig, again, nice and smooth, thick and strong, SNOTy, and with a wicked cool clamp hand! :laugh: :laugh: I love it! :cry_happy:

Thanks again buddy, this is just too awesome! :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy: Thanks!

Peace

~iamhappy :laugh:

First of all: don't be too humble. You're a great mech builder, imo, and you can be proud of it :thumbup: .

Thankyou, I've long learned since not to boast after seeing some truly wonderful creations here, thanks a lot.

I think the legs and arms came out very well. You covered the joins and kept high mobility, and those two features are always difficult to combine in a well balanced mech. The legs look maybe a bit thin, compared to the torso. But, to a carful observer, they show their great strength. Those hip covers seem to lock together when in the upright position, granting high stability. Yet, they have great mobility. The feet (a part I always spend a lot of time and efforts in my mecha) are well designed for stability: they're large and have front and back projections for extra stability. The arms are well balanced, and the shoulder hollows grant again high mobility. Being a mech-with-hands lover, I find those arms a bit clumsy, but they're perfectly fitted for the work this mech is supposed to do :wink: . And the left arm has a useful pincer-like feature (I don't know if it's an effective pincer, or just a cover for the mining laser I now see, by the way it's holding you, it is an effective pincer :grin: ).

The main body (always a difficult part to build, even if it may seem the simplest) is very well done, with the cockpit copying Iamded's helmet, and the windscreen as visor :thumbup: . Moreover, it really has that RR feel to itself.

Lastly, if this mech isn't unique, I don't know whatever mech can :laugh: .

Thankyou, I agree the legs are a tad thin at the hips, I wish I could've made them a bit bigger. I also agree the hands are a bit clumsy, sure they are appropriate for a digging mech, but with a few more pieces they'd be better. Thanks again, you have no idea how helpful these hints are to me :cry_happy:

Wow, thanks Batbrick! This is truely awesome! :wub: :wub:

The overall look of it is awesome, a wonderful representation of my sig-fig and my love for Rock Raiders through a big, sturdy mining mech! :laugh::thumbup:

The legs are awesome (don't ask why I'm starting at the legs... :grin:), nicely covering up the joints, keeping smooth and SNOTy, and being good and bulky to support the rest of the mech. :thumbup:

The torso is sweet, nicely representing Jet's Rock Raider's torso and lookin' snazzy in that colour scheme, especially with those new slope pieces. :thumbup: I love the inclusion of that striped road barricade 4x1 piece, it fits in so nicely and gives it that heavy duty feel. :sweet: I also love how you've added that detailing onto the shoulder joint piece with the technic pin holes, they smooth it off and add to the awesomeness, and the little pressure gauges add to the technical look. Even the back looks sweet, you've really done a great job here!

The cockpit is also neat, with a wide view range, easy access, a nifty little control system and a smooth top. I also love the spiked 1x4 plates, they are neat. :grin:

The digger arm looks nice and strong, great for clearing away rubble and keeping to that delicious blue/yellow/grey colour scheme. Also good for whacking the megabloks outta my enemies! :laugh: The robot arm is wonderful, with that dark grey colouring just like my sig-fig, again, nice and smooth, thick and strong, SNOTy, and with a wicked cool clamp hand! :laugh: :laugh: I love it! :cry_happy:

Thanks again buddy, this is just too awesome! :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy: Thanks!

Peace

~iamhappy :laugh:

Wow! Thanks iamded, I really wish you a truly happy birthday! Glad you like the SNOT, I tried to keep it studless while making it look 'rough' if that makes any sense :wacko:

I'm glad you like the road barricade piece too, I found it in my yellow collection and thought it'd be perfect. Thanks for your comments a heap, naturally you being the star of this one your opinion was very valuable, so thanks for all the "Wubs" :laugh:

Have a great time following your birthday and remember to be careful with your new toy!

Hey Batbrick, that is a very nice mecha robot that makes use of classic color. It reminded me of the classic space. It looks really very cool and sturdy too. Trust me, u are not a novice builder. In fact, you did very well. iamded is one lucky guy :sweet:

Everything fits in very well, good job! :thumbup:

Hey Batbrick, that is a very nice mecha robot that makes use of classic color. It reminded me of the classic space. It looks really very cool and sturdy too. Trust me, u are not a novice builder. In fact, you did very well. iamded is one lucky guy :sweet:

Everything fits in very well, good job! :thumbup:

Thankyou very much Whitefang, this is a much appreciated comment! I thankyou for the comment, I still regard myself as a rather average builder but thanks, I'm very happy with this one :cry_happy:

Great job, Batbrick, that is an awesome birthday present, you are very kind to have made it. I love the whole look of it, it is sturdy and can do some cool poses, which I like. I'm not even going to pretent I know the slightest thing about mech building, but I think it looks fantastic. :wub: Can I have one too? :cry_happy:

:tongue:

The colour scheme is very fitting and the use of RR pieces to give it that nice look is very effective. Ans the digger piece does look remarkably like a hand. :laugh:

Keep building! :thumbup:

Great job, Batbrick, that is an awesome birthday present, you are very kind to have made it. I love the whole look of it, it is sturdy and can do some cool poses, which I like. I'm not even going to pretent I know the slightest thing about mech building, but I think it looks fantastic. :wub: Can I have one too? :cry_happy:

:tongue:

The colour scheme is very fitting and the use of RR pieces to give it that nice look is very effective. Ans the digger piece does look remarkably like a hand. :laugh:

Keep building! :thumbup:

I didn't see this comment! Thanks dragonator very much, I'm glad you like it and think of it as a good birthday present! :cry_happy:

You can have one maybe......another day! :tongue: