Bionicle 2005 playsets now available at S@H Canada

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gylman

gylman

• Excellent......

Member: 252

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:27 AM

Canadian Shop at Home madness continues.

The 2005 bionicle playsets are now available.  You know those half-system half-bionicle thingies.

Bionicle playset 2005

Wolf04 must be freaking all over the place.

What a crazy day.  I saw more new stuff at S@H today than I have ever seen before. Stuff that was not supposed to be released for months!

Oh my, with my heart palpitating like this, how will I ever get any sleep tonight?

Gyl

#2 Mr. Lego-builder

Mr. Lego-builder

• Work In Progress

Member: 314

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:35 AM

EVEN MORE NEWS?!

First Dino Attack, then new Star Wars, then a strange, unexpected LEGO sale, and now BIONICLE...I don't know how much more I can take!

#3 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• WordPress Wizard

Member: 273

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:53 AM

Unless I'm mistaken this belongs in the Bionicle Forum with its Bionicle Brethren...  Now say that fast 20 times and see how it turns out...

#4 Darth_Ewok

Darth_Ewok

• Furry Yub Yub

Member: 263

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

Ughhh...

they look ugly. but I might get the battering ram just for the little spider things (7 of those little buggers in 1 set!) but other than that they suck.  :/

#5 The Middleman

The Middleman

• You know who

Member: 147

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:35 PM

Those are even more god-awful than I originally thought!  I suppose the biggest one might be tolerable for the dark red pillars, but $70?  Thanks, but no thanks.

#6 gylman

gylman

• Excellent......

Member: 252

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:05 PM

I must say - I am not very keen about these Bionicle playsets. On the other hand, I used to hate Bionicle and now I like it quite a bit.... so maybe the LEGO company knows something about designing sets that I don't.

I won't be rushing to get these for now..... Vikings and the new Technic sets take priority.  See how it goes.

Gyl

#7 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• WordPress Wizard

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:30 AM

SHEEEEZUS  KABEEEZUS!!!

Posted Image

The  central "head" part of the set has gotta take first place in the most Juniorised LEGO piece - ahead of the tray of that dump truck!

#8 Mr. Lego-builder

Mr. Lego-builder

• Work In Progress

Member: 314

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:48 PM

mister_phes, on Jul 1 2005, 01:30 AM, said:

SHEEEEZUS  KABEEESUZ!!!

Posted Image

The  central "head" part of the set has gotta take first place in the most Juniorised LEGO piece - ahead of the tray of that dump truck!
If this continues, the meaning of LEGO will be totally different...everything will be a huge juniorized piece! (Oh, joy...) *devil*

#9 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• WordPress Wizard

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:01 PM

I never picked Bionicle as a victim of juniorisation.  Probably because the pieces seemed big enough as they were, but I guess these latest sets prove they can bigger.

Somehow this set reminds me of the MegaBloks Pirate and Castle sets, minus the intricate details on the pieces.  I actually saw a display for those MegaBlok sets the other day.

#10 Hor

Hor

Member: 275

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

mister_phes, on Jul 1 2005, 06:30 AM, said:

The  central "head" part of the set has gotta take first place in the most Juniorised LEGO piece - ahead of the tray of that dump truck!
Is it compatible with human-sized head to wear as mask??   :)

#11 yoda601

yoda601

• Empire MIA

Member: 229

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:37 AM

mister_phes, on Jul 1 2005, 06:30 AM, said:

Posted Image
If it were a bit cheaper (Like $15-20 cheaper), then I'd probably buy it for the pieces.

#12 jngunsw

jngunsw

Member: 204

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:01 AM

the bionicle set this yr is quite refreshing.... like all the other lego series this yr (city/ police/ fire/ construction/viking etc)....

i m never a big fan of bionicle... but honestly this yr's set nearly got me.... bionicle in the form of castle is impressive... i know a lot of ppl know don't like the big pieces (neither do i) but at least i can see lego is trying to broaden the bionicle's appeal....

the only reason why i won't buy the bionicle sets is because we hv been saturated with really good sets this yr.... i hv bought more new sets this year than the last 5 yrs combined...

i hv been addicted to the new police n construction n star war series... n my goodness... the viking n the new Vladek's Dark Fortress are coming out.... unless i win a lottery i don't think i hv much left for the bionicle sets....which is a real pity... cos i really like that spider/scorpion creature in the bionicle castle set.... may b i will buy it from ebay or bricklink if someone sell it separately.....

anyway this is a "nice" dilemma.... better to hv too many nice sets to choose from than.....you-know-what-i-mean...

#13 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• WordPress Wizard

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:19 AM

yoda601, on Jul 3 2005, 09:37 PM, said:

If it were a bit cheaper (Like $15-20 cheaper), then I'd probably buy it for the pieces.
How much of the overall price do ya think this head part would cost?

Sadly, this one piece would probably be a lot cheaper (and quicker to produce) than making something similiar out of seperate blocks.   :(

#14 Lost Viking

Lost Viking

• No me gusta !!

Member: 416

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

At the insiders tour, I went too ;)  (was up V()()D()()!!!!) they had the big mask at the employee pick a brick I looked at it but I didn't want to waste any room in the bag, you understand...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users