Athos, on May 26 2008, 01:27 AM, said:
OK. I just put this together. Here are my intial thoughts:
1. It looks nothing like the temple in the movie. Did the designers watch the movie? I'm guessing no.
2. Why only two of those funny pillar things? Weren't there three in the movie?
3. The natives are too orange. I'm not sure what I'll use them for. Still its nice to have them.
4. Why aren't the skeletons clear? I'd rather have had only one and it be clear than three and white.
5. No Oxley or Mac? Dump the commie and give us one of them.
1. TLG was given scraps. Just a few pictures and probably a short video, so, yeah, they did a hell of a good job with the ittle source material they had.
2. Actually there were four pieces in the obelisk, but then, how would you get them to open up? By forcing them open?
Do you want lego to give us a long stick to poke the little thing in the middle so the obelisk closes? Or would you prefer some breakable stone heads with real-sand pouring out? This is a PLAYSET, not scale replica!
3. The natives in the movie were gray and a tanner skin color, they weren't black, brown or yellow, but they weren't exactly flesh colored either, so...they were made orange.
4. Are you even aware of the cost of making a transparent piece? These pieces are only used when its extremely necessary and when they are
used, they are included in low quantities. Plus, making transparent skeletons would have kicked the price up abot 5$ or so. If they had made thm transparent, people would probably complain about them being "just transparent and not Transparent blue, like in the movie". And besides, people wwould have been unhappy with just 1 crystal skeleton.
5. Relax about Mac or Oxley, this is just WAVE 1 of the indiana Jones Line, though I agree, they should've gotten rid of the Soldier and given us Mac.
They did a pretty good job considering what they were given, but thats just my 2 cents
I'll tell you what George's problem was when writing this film. He was so preoccupied with whether or not he could…he didn’t stop to think if he should. That’s…that’s chaos.
^Someone on A few scenes in Indy 4
The moral of Indy is... "Don't get in a swordfight with a Russian chick while hightailing it through the South African jungle while your mom is driving the truck because she will look away from the nonexistent road to criticize your footwork and accidentally cause some oddly bulbous jungle flora to whack you repeatedly right in the junk."
^What some of us learned from Indy 4 (which I did enjoy, I but thought the post above was hilarious)
Apparently Rachel Dawes was also using cheap parlor tricks to hide her true identity in Batman Begins.
^An explanation as to why a different actress was cast in The Dark Knight.
"Indiana Jones and The Temple of Shame"