Jump to content


EB News Presents: Brainbox!


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14649
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:36 AM

Welcome to another fun and exciting episode of EB News Presents! I'm your host, Aluvar imperialshadows, asking the questions and generally getting our broadcasting license revoked will be Staudie, and our special guest this evening is Brainbox!

As most of you didn't notice, we weren't on last week. After 182 consecutive episodes, I needed a little break from the kid, you know.
We haven't done 182 episodes.
It sure feels like it. You know, it's odd, but it seems like we're not broadcasting.
You know what it is... it's those little lights on the cameras. They aren't on.
That's odd. Let's check this out.

imperialshadows walks over to the nearest camera and begins talking to the operator.
So, uh, why aren't you filming?
I got a note from the owner of the station saying not to use the cameras.
Why not?
They say it's a waste of electricity and with the price of things today, it's more economical not to run them.
I see. It's more economical to run a tv station without tv cameras.
Right.
Like, we're a radio station now?
Oh no, I don't think so. We never play music, that would take licensing fees.
Too expensive, again. Guess we're on a pretty tight budget.
Yeah.
Why are we paying you to be here and not film then?
I, uh... I have a contract! That's it.
Staudie doesn't even have a contract.
Is that a problem?
Nope, makes sense to me. Well, enjoy the show, you're about the only one that will get to see it.
Well, I wasn't really watching, I'm working on a crossword puzzle.
Really? Do you know a 10 letter word starting with U that means 'out of work'?
Hmmm... Unemployed! :look: I see what you mean. I look forward to watching today's show, boss!
Much better.

So, folks, at least you can still hear me. I guess we'd better get started, and maybe we'll get them to let us put up some slides during the show occasionally, so you can see something.
Is that my cue?
*smacks Staudie with a broom* No, that is.
Sorry I asked. :angry:

Q. Why the name Brainbox? Are you a box in a brain? A Brained box? Also what is up with the sigfig?
A. :laugh:  Well, at school (I'm at college now) I was always 'the clever one', both amongst my friends and just other people in general. This was reflected in my exam scores, coursework marks, etc. and that view of me stuck. Now at college, my two best friends are both of a similar 'intelligence level' to me, so it's not always that noticeable.

The name though, I don't really know why I chose it. It's not something I've ever been called, save once or twice by people. I guess it was just the first thing I thought of when I joined. Yeah, the story's that boring.

The sigfig is just me. It's quite boring compared to some people's I know, but I like him/me. It enables me to use him as me Brainbox when I'm on here, and as me Sam when I'm not. And of the few people who've seen him, all have commented on how much he actually looks like me. It's scary!

You should have your liver checked.
Huh?
It's a joke.
I don't get it.
You never do. Here... Jaundice.

Q. What is this I have been hearing about your mini vigs?
A. Ah, yes. I quite like displaying minifigs, on my desk and such, and I wanted to come up with a way of doing it that wasn't just "stand them there". So I came up with these mini-vigs, a minifig on a 4x4 base (hence the mini- part) with a small scene or something around them (hence the -vig part). The challenge is creting something that looks good, does your favourite mini-fig(s) justice, and is relevant to said fig. I've only got 5 at the moment (although the one of me has been folded into something else), and you can see them here. I plan on doing more in the future, just as soon as I get a bit of desk space back! Oh, and everyone feel free to try it.
Oh yeah, I like those. I kept meaning to build some more. And take pictures of the ones I did. :sceptic:

Q. DOCTOR WHO?
A. "Just The Doctor."

Sorry, couldn't resist. No, it's a fantastic ( :wink: ) programme, the best British sci-fi has to offer. And it's been going 44 years last November. It's basically about a 900-1000 year old alien (there are some discrepancies in his true age) who travels through time and space in a space-time machine called the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space), usually with at least one human companion. He can regenerate, gaining a new body if a fatality befalls the current one, but this can only happen 12 times (13 incarnations). Possibly his greatest enemies are the Daleks, but I don't think I need to tell you who they are. There... the whole of Doctor Who in 5 lines!

It must seem to people around me that I have an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Doctor Who, not to mention DC Comics and to a lesser extent Transformers. Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't, but it seems like it. So what if I can name 16 types of Kryptonite, and read and write translitterated Kryptonian? No really, I can.

We were planning a sci-fi baseball team.
Oh really? Who's on first?
Right.
No, I'm asking, Who's on first?
Yes, he is.
Who is? :wacko:
Right (if we're going to be a radio show, we might as well act like one!)

Q. How long have you collected lego?
A. Since I was about 4 or 5, so about 12-13 years. I was into Duplo when I was young, and my parents ordered these two sets as part of a Ready Brek promo, a Castle catapult and a Pirate raft. This was when I was about 3, but they kept the sets till I was a little older. Sadly, they didn't keep the boxes or the instructions, and if they're promo sets I certainly can't trace them. Of course, they may not be promo sets, in which case I'd better keep looking. I know they were a raft and a catapult, as there are pieces in my collection I can't account for set wise, other than these. Yes, I even have an encyclopedic knowledge of my collection.

After that, I got a building tub, and the rest is history.


Q. What are your 3 favourite sets?
A. It's difficult to say, especially as I have so few official sets (MODed or otherwise) actually on display. But if I had to choose, I would say, in no particular order:
1. 7015 Viking Warrior challenges the Fenris Wolf. I don't really know why I like this set so much, but I just do. It was one of the first Viking sets I bought, along with 7017 (Nidhogg Dragon), so maybe that's part of it. I do have a fondness for the small sets in general though.

2. 7783 The Batcave. This was the first Bat-set I bought, and I was really impressed. It's Batman and it's Lego, two of the things I love, so what can be better than that? And it's what inspired me to develop my (currently WIP) Batcave shelf.

3. 4483 AT-AT. It's one of the few of my official sets on display that hasn't been excessively MODed. The only changes I've made are small and can be seen here. Okay, yeah, so the neck connection is a little fragile (the number of times the head's fallen off  :hmpf: ), there are yellow parts visible if I open the side door, the head panels are a bit 'flappy', there are only two Snowtroopers... but I love it. I bought it shortly after it came out, with birthday money, and it's just a fantastic set.

I guess I could have just said "It's an AT-AT"  :wink:


Q. What is your Favourite Theme?
A. I'm not one of those people who devotes to one theme and one theme alone. I like a mix of everything. But at the moment, I'd probably say Batman. Like I said before, it's Batman and it's Lego. You really don't know how long I've wished I could own a Lego Batman, ever since I first saw the 60s movie all those years ago. And now it's happened.  :cry_happy:

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?
A. I'm tempted to say something that's a bit of a cliche, like "finishing building [a MOC]" or "finding [a set] on sale". But I won't. I can't say "meeting a fellow AFOL" because sadly it's not happened. So instead, I'll settle for "people I know taking an interest in my hobby."

At school, people knew about my hobby, but didn't really make anything of it. If I showed my friends something on my BS, they'd just look at it, tell me it was good, and get on with whatever they were doing. Even when people came over to my house, the Lego issue was tackled, then ignored.

But now I'm at college, it's a whole different ball-game. People are generally more accepting of others hobbies, etc. One of my friends, for example, likes to go shooting (not gangland), while another likes football. Now, I'm not a fan of either, but I will listen to them talk about it. Similarly, they listen to me talk about my hobbies; comics, Lego, Doctor Who, etc. That's always a good feeling, because save for here, I've never had that before.

My best friend came over to mine for about an hour the other week, while he waited for a train (my house is nearer the station than his is). That hour was basically spent with him looking at all my Lego. And that felt really good, because I could get all enthusiastic about it. He said the day after that I had more than he'd imagined, even after I'd said several times before that I "had a lot."


Q. And, for that matter, your best EB moment?
A. Again, it's just nice being here, talking about my hobby and stuff. But it's always fun to talk to Batbrick in the numerous threads we manage to railroad into a discussion about Batman or Super-hotties (if you don't know, don't ask  :wink: ) or whatever.

It's also a good moment finding out that we've got away with it for another day.  :laugh:


Q. What sets would you like to see TLC produce?
A. More Batman. Simple as. I want, more villains, more locations, more allies, more Bat-vehicles, the lot.

I'd also like to see the Batman licence expand into a full DC licence. Maybe some have a couple of sets for each major hero, a simple hero/villain set, a mid-sized set dependant on the hero and a location set, and pack a few villains and allies in each set. Say for Superman, have Supes versus a few villains as the small set, the Fortress of Solitude as the base set, and the Daily Planet offices as the 'other' set. For Wonder Woman, have Diana versus some villains as the small set, her invisible plane as the mid-sized set, and some buildings from Themiscyra or the DEO as the base set. There could be some special 'team' sets with a base and some rogues as well, for the League, the JSA, the Titans, etc.

All wishful thinking though.  :cry_sad:


Q. Star Trekkin' Across the universe?
A. Of course, but only in the NCC-1701 original. Never much cared for the spin-off series.
:sing: It's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead, Jim... it's worse than that he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead...  :sing: Ahem. :blush:

Q. Can we see your lair?
A. I prefer to call it a 'control centre'  :grin:

But yes, you can. I'll just go and find the camera...

*much photographing, photo editing and uploading later*

Here we go: my lair aka my bedroom.

Posted Image

Points of note:
1. My bin needs emptying
2. I don't like all that stuff on the left hand side of my desk. It needs to go on a shelf, but I don't have one free. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to order and tidiness.
3. That's this PM on the screen.
4. There's a water stain near the fron left corner shaped remarkably like a Lego pirate ship hull. That's because it is.
5. There are some very dusty areas of my desk aren't there?
6. See if you can spot any previewed MOCs in there.

The first of the missing walls. And the second.

BATMAN!

Posted Image

More pics here.


Q. How's Castle month lookin to you?
A. I'll be honest, I've never been much into Castle. But the new sets, both this year and last (but more this year) are really changing my mind. Castle month is looking nice, and I may see if I can rustle something up before it finishes.

Q. Am I Annoying?
A. Mate, my best friend doesn't always know when to shut up. If I can put up with that, I can put up with anything!
Staudie knows when to shut up.
Yeah, when that vein in his neck ... hey, it's doing it now. Oh...

Q. Who should we Interview Next?
A. Oh there are so many nice people here, who can I suggest? How about more of our younger generation, like Lord Thrawn, JoeM16 or The Kid?

And there you have it! You know, it wasn't really so bad doing this as a radio show, matter of fact, it was a lot easier not having to put on all that makeup and stuff.
Yeah, I didn't even have to dress for the occasion.
True, though I wish you'd worn pants...


*the camera, despite not actually being on, falls over*

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#2 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4834
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:23 AM

Great interview guys, I enjoyed all the little remarks as usual, and a very funny introduction. I was very depressed when there wasn't one last week... :cry_sad:

Brainbox, you had some interesting things to say, thanks for sharing! :sweet: An interesting choice in favourite sets, the only one of those I have is the Viking set, although I would love to have the AT-AT. Good to see that you are enjoying castle month too.

Interviews ON! :grin:

Posted Image-ator

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#3 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

    Posts: 2775
    Joined: 14-August 14
    Member: 126882

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:08 AM

Quote

I was very depressed when there wasn't one last week...
yea I know :cry_sad: I had to try and cover it up :hmpf:  :laugh:  anyway..
great reveiw as always! :thumbup: Wow me and BB have the same first name :oh: kool *highfive*

#4 CopMike

CopMike

  • All your baseplate are belong to us


    Posts: 5265
    Joined: 04-January 05
    Member: 148
    Country: Sweden

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Nice one guys :thumbup:!

I like your batcave room Brainbox! Good layout & organized.
And I really love your micro Batmobile :wub::
Posted Image
The rest is also good but that´s my favorite!
If you need to know more about your first sets, the raft & catapult, let us try to help you!

Check out the big brain on Brett! On

copmike

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#5 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

Thanks guys. For the interview I mean. It was good fun, and I'm honoured to have been asked.

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

You should have your liver checked.
Huh?

It's a joke.
I don't get it.
You never do. Here... Jaundice.
:laugh:  Took me a while to work that one out too...

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

We were planning a sci-fi baseball team.
Oh really? Who's on first?
Right.
No, I'm asking, Who's on first?
Yes, he is.
[color="#660000"]Who is?
:wacko:
Right (if we're going to be a radio show, we might as well act like one!)
I considered putting in a joke like this, then passed. I wouldn't exactly have helped my reputation as the master (The Master?  :wink: ) of bad puns.

View Postdragonator, on Apr 28 2008, 07:23 AM, said:

Brainbox, you had some interesting things to say, thanks for sharing! :sweet:
Thank you. And I was happy to share.

View Postdragonator, on Apr 28 2008, 07:23 AM, said:

An interesting choice in favourite sets, the only one of those I have is the Viking set, although I would love to have the AT-AT. Good to see that you are enjoying castle month too.
I struggled a little actually. So many cool sets I love, so hard to narrow it down to three.

View Posthollisbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 09:08 AM, said:

Wow me and BB have the same first name
That's because it's the best name there is  :wink:

View Postcopmike, on Apr 28 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

I like your batcave room Brainbox! Good layout & organized.
Thank you. Although I'm not sure 'organised' is quite right. It's bordering on obsessive!

View Postcopmike, on Apr 28 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

And I really love your micro Batmobile :wub::
Thanks. I have to say, I'm rather pleased with it.

View Postcopmike, on Apr 28 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

If you need to know more about your first sets, the raft & catapult, let us try to help you!
Cheers. I'll have a good search myself, then if I hit a dead end I know where to turn.

Edited by Brainbox, 28 April 2008 - 12:22 PM.

Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#6 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

You should have your liver checked.
Huh?
It's a joke.
I don't get it.
You never do. Here... Jaundice.
I must be slow, but I still can't work out the joke here, is it because sigfig's are yellow? :blush:  :cry_sad:
We'll speaking of Jaundice, that was the mysterious illness I contracted last year as some of you may remember me mentioning, I had auto immune hepatitis, and I too had yellow eyes. Thankyou for listening to fact #153 about me!

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

It must seem to people around me that I have an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Doctor Who, not to mention DC Comics and to a lesser extent Transformers. Perhaps I do, perhaps I don't, but it seems like it. So what if I can name 16 types of Kryptonite, and read and write translitterated Kryptonian? No really, I can.
Even I find that sad and I'm the guy who memories the entire final Bane/Batman fight in Knightfall  :tongue:

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

Q. What are your 3 favourite sets?
Good set choices, especially on number 2  :wink:
The Fenris wolf set is a great one too I agree, certainly one of my favourites. What other sets are you fond of Brainbox?

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

Q. What is your Favourite Theme?
A. I'm not one of those people who devotes to one theme and one theme alone. I like a mix of everything. But at the moment, I'd probably say Batman. Like I said before, it's Batman and it's Lego. You really don't know how long I've wished I could own a Lego Batman, ever since I first saw the 60s movie all those years ago. And now it's happened.  :cry_happy:

I think I almost/did pee a little when I first saw the Batmobile in stores  :cry_happy:   Why are you looking at me like that?
I would agree though, it certainly yanked me totally out of my dark ages, it was the clincher.

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

Q. Best In Real Life Lego Moment?
At school, people knew about my hobby, but didn't really make anything of it. If I showed my friends something on my BS, they'd just look at it, tell me it was good, and get on with whatever they were doing. Even when people came over to my house, the Lego issue was tackled, then ignored.

I have that problem with almost everyone - "Cool" *walks away* - so I can relate.

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

Q. And, for that matter, your best EB moment?
A. Again, it's just nice being here, talking about my hobby and stuff. But it's always fun to talk to Batbrick in the numerous threads we manage to railroad into a discussion about Batman or Super-hotties (if you don't know, don't ask  :wink: ) or whatever.

:laugh:, thanks for the mention. I was thinking of starting a new topic the other day, but we already have taken over and now own the Batman 08 and DC Heroes threads, so I'm pretty happy!  Gotta love the sidetracking too, we should do a debate sometime. Oh, and a second on the "don't ask" about my termed "Super-Hotties"  :laugh:  

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

It's also a good moment finding out that we've got away with it for another day.  :laugh: [/color]
*cue maniacal laugh* Our reign of DC Fanboyism shall never end!

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 28 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

Q. What sets would you like to see TLC produce?
[color="#006600"]A. More Batman. Simple as. I want, more villains, more locations, more allies, more Bat-vehicles, the lot.
I'd also like to see the Batman licence expand into a full DC licence. Maybe some have a couple of sets for each major hero, a simple hero/villain set, a mid-sized set dependant on the hero and a location set, and pack a few villains and allies in each set. Say for Superman, have Supes versus a few villains as the small set, the Fortress of Solitude as the base set, and the Daily Planet offices as the 'other' set. For Wonder Woman, have Diana versus some villains as the small set, her invisible plane as the mid-sized set, and some buildings from Themiscyra or the DEO as the base set. There could be some special 'team' sets with a base and some rogues as well, for the League, the JSA, the Titans, etc.
Seconded. Though I'd rather not rush them either, better a completed Bat-world than a couple of JL characters with little respect to their character and style. But then agin, you'd get Bizarro!  :wink:    

View PostBrainbox, on Apr 28 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

Thanks guys. For the interview I mean. It was good fun, and I'm honoured to have been asked.
And suggested, you owe me BB! Give me a pack of ten lemonade cans and we're even  :wink:

View PostBrainbox, on Apr 28 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

I considered putting in a joke like this, then passed. I wouldn't exactly have helped my reputation as the master (The Master?  :wink: ) of bad puns.
Oh dear, he's at it again....I'd make one to combat you, but I'm afraid you'd see it as an invitation for more...

View PostBrainbox, on Apr 28 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

That's because it's the best name there is  :wink:
No, Thomas is.

View PostBrainbox, on Apr 28 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

Thank you. Although I'm not sure 'organised' is quite right. It's bordering on obsessive!
Suits you I think.

And one more question Brainbox, apart from your Dr.Who, DC and other little obsessions, anything of interest about you in real life or with Lego?

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#7 The Kid

The Kid

  • I'm a Admiral !!


    Posts: 1105
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 790
    Country: England

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

Quote

After 182 consecutive episodes, I needed a little break from the kid, you know.

Hey! What did I do? :tongue:

Nice interview, again. I actually missed it as well last week, ever since I finally figured out when they're supposed to be. Oh, and it may sound slightly stalker-ish but I always wanted to know a little more about BB. :blush:  :look:  :grin: Thanks!

TK


DO NOT TAKE THE ABOVE POST SERIOUSLY

#8 Stauder

Stauder

  • Beware, he's back!


    Posts: 1967
    Joined: 21-December 06
    Member: 1134
    Country: Malta

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:14 AM

You didint miss last week, our studio had a power out...  :classic:

Stauder.
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#9 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

I must be slow, but I still can't work out the joke here, is it because sigfig's are yellow? :blush:  :cry_sad:
Well, mine is. If my sigfig "looks like me" then that implies I'm yellow. Hence the jaundice joke.

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

We'll speaking of Jaundice, that was the mysterious illness I contracted last year as some of you may remember me mentioning, I had auto immune hepatitis, and I too had yellow eyes. Thankyou for listening to fact #153 about me!
Ooh... nasty. Glad you're okay now though.

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Even I find that sad and I'm the guy who memories the entire final Bane/Batman fight in Knightfall  :tongue:
Indeed it is...

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

What other sets are you fond of Brainbox?
All of them! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haa!

Ahem... no, I really do like a load of sets, but I quite like Dwarf Mine Defender, and the old Mini TIE fighter is pretty nice, especially as I managed to get two, when some people struggled to get one.  :devil:

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

I think I almost/did pee a little when I first saw the Batmobile in stores  :cry_happy:   Why are you looking at me like that?
Strangely, you predicted my exact reaction with the second part of that comment (the question).  :laugh:

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

:laugh:, thanks for the mention. I was thinking of starting a new topic the other day, but we already have taken over and now own the Batman 08 and DC Heroes threads, so I'm pretty happy!  Gotta love the sidetracking too, we should do a debate sometime. Oh, and a second on the "don't ask" about my termed "Super-Hotties"  :laugh:
:laugh:  Perhaps it's best to keep our geekery confined to certain areas of the site where few dare tread...

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

But then agin, you'd get Bizarro!  :wink:
And you'd get Canary.

Wait... I think I just implied I fancied Bizarro...  :sick:

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

And suggested, you owe me BB! Give me a pack of ten lemonade cans and we're even  :wink:
Ah yes, indeed. Thanks mate!

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

No, Thomas is.
Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that  :wink:

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Suits you I think.
Oh, thanks... I think.

No, I like everything being tidy (can you tell?), and I can't really function without everything being in exactly the right place. I swear, I spent 10 minutes the other day arranging all the equipment on the desk before a Chemistry practical.  :laugh:

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 28 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

And one more question Brainbox, apart from your Dr.Who, DC and other little obsessions, anything of interest about you in real life or with Lego?
Other little obsessions? You mean Babs?  :wink:

Oh, well, I'm a Transformers and Star Wars fan as well, but perhaps not quite to the same degree as the aformentioned. What else? I play a musical instrument (Tenor Horn in E-flat), and I'm a member of an amateur pantomime society, from a technical side, doing the lights and occasionally the sound. It started in school, and the first panto was just people from school. The second and now the third (which we've just finished) was open to people from other places. I think I'm the oldest there, so we're all under 17, and it's just quite fun really.

Besides that, I like spending time with my friends, who are probably the best friends I've ever had ( :cry_happy: ). I like writing like I said in the Batman thread, and... um... that's all I can think of. To be honest, Lego, DC and Doctor Who are such big things in my life, they're what I focus the most time on.

View PostThe Kid, on Apr 28 2008, 07:03 PM, said:


Oh, and it may sound slightly stalker-ish but I always wanted to know a little more about BB. :blush:  :look:  :grin:
*getting up slowly from chair*
*slowly*
*slowly*
*backing away now*
*turning round*
*now run, RUN!*

:wink:
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#10 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:45 PM

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

Well, mine is. If my sigfig "looks like me" then that implies I'm yellow. Hence the jaundice joke.
Ah, I see. So I was right.........kinda.....

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

Ooh... nasty. Glad you're okay now though.
Thanks.

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

All of them! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haa!
Amateur, take a few lessons from the king Here.

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

Ahem... no, I really do like a load of sets, but I quite like Dwarf Mine Defender, and the old Mini TIE fighter is pretty nice, especially as I managed to get two, when some people struggled to get one.  :devil:
Was that the Tie Fighter or Tie advanced?  I only got the Tie Advanced, don't recall a fighter mini. Curious that you like the Dwarf Mine Defender when a lot of people complained at the catapult. Was it because of your first dwarf?

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

Strangely, you predicted my exact reaction with the second part of that comment (the question).  :laugh:
Oh dear......It was...er....slightly understandable though..wasn't it?  :blush:

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

:laugh:  Perhaps it's best to keep our geekery confined to certain areas of the site where few dare tread...
:laugh:, true, I wonder if anyone even reads what we talk about anymore  :laugh:  

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

And you'd get Canary.

Wait... I think I just implied I fancied Bizarro...  :sick:
Canary  :wub: ....
And umm, are you two together? *point at Bizarro and Brainbox*  

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

Ah yes, indeed. Thanks mate!
No problem, the interview was very....interesting...

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that  :wink:
You seem to assume I haven't done so enough already!

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

No, I like everything being tidy (can you tell?), and I can't really function without everything being in exactly the right place. I swear, I spent 10 minutes the other day arranging all the equipment on the desk before a Chemistry practical.  :laugh:
Ah, yes. A little scary now how much we have in common (sometimes I'm thankful for your awful puns!) as I am a tidy person by nature, especially in my Lego displays. Infact, I tend to change something several times daily in my castle and Batman displays. It's really a matter of me wanting to keep tidy, but there is simply too much too keep tidy  :cry_sad:

View PostBrainbox, on May 1 2008, 07:53 AM, said:

Oh, well, I'm a Transformers and Star Wars fan as well, but perhaps not quite to the same degree as the aformentioned. What else? I play a musical instrument (Tenor Horn in E-flat), and I'm a member of an amateur pantomime society, from a technical side, doing the lights and occasionally the sound. It started in school, and the first panto was just people from school. The second and now the third (which we've just finished) was open to people from other places. I think I'm the oldest there, so we're all under 17, and it's just quite fun really.

Besides that, I like spending time with my friends, who are probably the best friends I've ever had ( :cry_happy: ). I like writing like I said in the Batman thread, and... um... that's all I can think of. To be honest, Lego, DC and Doctor Who are such big things in my life, they're what I focus the most time on.
Thanks for that, always interesting to know more about you, good or not....
I can't figure out, are you sixteen or seventeen, I can't tell?  (Sorry if that is too private)
:laugh:, curious that the biggest hobbies in our lives are the ones already diuscussed here, now if only I could get people interested in Firefly...

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#11 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 30 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

Was that the Tie Fighter or Tie advanced?  I only got the Tie Advanced, don't recall a fighter mini.
3219 Mini TIE Fighter.

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 30 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

:laugh:, true, I wonder if anyone even reads what we talk about anymore  :laugh:
Pfff, as if.

View PostBatbrick, on Apr 30 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

I can't figure out, are you sixteen or seventeen, I can't tell? (Sorry if that is too private)
17. And no, I don't mind people knowing that.
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users