Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Fabuland MOC: Wolfrik Walrus's Bakery

builders_guild.gif indexed.gif

All right! More MOCs for the Fabuland Builder's Guild. I built this one real quick and wanted to do two things:

1. revisit a classic Fabuland set: 3667 Bakery
    3667-1.gif
  2. use the problematic Fabuland house block in a MOC:
    x661c01.gif

Here's the result:

wolfrik_01.jpg

See full gallery here...

I would've made the pig the baker, but the Walrus looks so adorable with the chef hat on, I couldn't help myself. I wish I would've seen the chain under the Goat's bed in Sir Nadroj's MOC, I would've added some deviance for all of my characters too. Because Sir Nadroj is right, these are too cute...but I like them. :blush: I removed the windows from the house block so I could put the lattic windows and timbered facade on instead. You can tell the holes left behind by the window don't match up perfectly. If you read Fabuland Housewives, you may have noticed I do this a lot. I've removed a lot of windows from the wall pieces in order to combine windows with walls that weren't manufactured that way. For example, A red wall with a blue window, or a blue wall with a rounded yellow window...I also delved into the world of landscaping with a modest "hill" that the bakery sits on. I covered it with flowers because I didn't like the way it looked, but I liked the gentle slope it created. My next MOC will include some rockscaping so it'll take me a lot longer than the last two as I'm sure I'll keep re-building it.

Here are some more pics:

wolfrik_05.jpgwolfrik_09.jpgwolfrik_14.jpg

Click any picture for closeups...(the sticker is not mine. I downloaded it from a site, I thought it was an Anthony Sava creation from Classic-Castle, but I couldn't find it again. If anyone know where it's from, please let me know so I can give the creator credit. Thanks.)

I also took a pic of my two new Fabuland MOCs together:

wolfrik_17.jpg

Click the pic to see a closeup :blush:

If you have Fabuland pieces, join in and build a MOC. This is fun! Thanks again Sir Nadroj for inspiring me and challenging me to build better Fabuland MOCs. This is a good time! :grin:

That's such a sweet MOC! Nice interior. Makes me want to have Fabuland. <3

It's beautiful! :wub:

You two make such awesome Fabuland MOCs! I love all of the flowers, they look great!

I'm going to start posting my Fabuland vigs soon, they need alittle more work though.

:sweet:

That´s an interesting building with some sweet timber facade work and a charming landscaping. :classic:

The brown/yellow/red/white color scheme works really fine, but I´m not sure with these tiles with the Viking pattern..

.. this simply looks like a little too much for me, the same goes with the blue chimney, and that black MF head looks

a tad too capricious for me either.... the oven, the counter and the safe look great, but the rest of the interior looks pretty

blank, beside some lonely barrels and mysterious boxes, where´re the sacks with flour, some bowls for mixing the ingredients,

and, most important, a cool rolling pin for some serious whacking action...? :tongue:

Another great MOC! :thumbup:

What I love about this one is the tudor stylings of it. I also love the fact that it's based on an original set. That makes this even cooler!

Great use of that bulky wall, too. You really did a great job on making look splendid. :wub:

Good, simple landscaping, too. :thumbup: Perhps some more flowers on the side? Oh, and the Walrus does look pretty adorable. :blush:

As far as the dirty little details go, I think I may add one little "detail" to most of my MOCs. :laugh: Those Fabuland animals are hiding something behind those huge, quazi-anime eyes! :wink:

Can't wait to see some more! :thumbup:

Fabuland Builder's Guild ON! :classic:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to ask you: Where on God's green earth do you come up with the names? :tongue::laugh::wink:

Very nice moc hinkley. I really like the landscape, the flowers give it a nice effect and the hill looks good. The dragonish decal under the window looks nice, never thought of using them like that. I also agree with Sir Nadroj that because this is based of the set makes it cooler.

If I had some fabuland peices I'd build something but that was in my dark ages. :hmpf_bad:

Also I've developed my moc grading system :tongue:

Edited by idontknow877

where´re the sacks with flour, some bowls for mixing the ingredients,

and, most important, a cool rolling pin for some serious whacking action...? :tongue:

They're right here:

wolfrik_18.jpg

:grin:

I know it's technically just a picture of flour, but...I couldn't think of how else to do it. In my mind, the barrels are filled with oats, flour and sugar...Thanks for the rolling pin idea, though! :wub:

They're right here:

Oh I see.. (wrong picture, huh? :laugh: ) ..that shovel, now.... what else might be buried there right beneath these guiltless little flowers...? :tongue:

Well done, that cute walrus is really working hard.... :thumbup:

Oh I see.. (wrong picture, huh? :laugh: ) ..that shovel, now.... what else might be buried there right beneath these guiltless little flowers...? :tongue:

Well done, that cute walrus is really working hard.... :thumbup:

I noticed that too, I was looking at the computer thinking there was definately something wrong. :laugh:

Is there any chance I could ask you to take a picture of the walrus without his hat? :blush:

Is there any chance I could ask you to take a picture of the walrus without his hat? :blush:

He's too modest...

Very nice, I love the mix of Fabuland and Lego pieces. That combined with the choice of colours is very effective :wub: I really love the interior, that little oven and the shelves are very well done. The garden is great too, very beautiful, and the plant climbing up the house is nice, although I'm not so sure about the leaf sticking out of it. And who knew the walrus would look so cute in a chef's hat? :cry_happy:

Great work Hinckley, I really love this little MOC :thumbup:

Very nice, I love the mix of Fabuland and Lego pieces. That combined with the choice of colours is very effective :wub: I really love the interior, that little oven and the shelves are very well done. The garden is great too, very beautiful, and the plant climbing up the house is nice, although I'm not so sure about the leaf sticking out of it. And who knew the walrus would look so cute in a chef's hat? :cry_happy:

Great work Hinckley, I really love this little MOC :thumbup:

Shut up, we're in a fight. You're trying to kill me... :hmpf_bad:

:tongue: Just kidding. Thanks :blush:

That´s an interesting building with some sweet timber facade work and a charming landscaping. :classic:

The brown/yellow/red/white color scheme works really fine, ...

Thanks Asuka! I worried about the color scheme at first, but I do like the way it turned out. I was afraid I was just used to seeing it but I'm glad you like it too. And thanks again for the great advice for the rolling pin and dough! :classic:

As far as the dirty little details go, I think I may add one little "detail" to most of my MOCs. :laugh: Those Fabuland animals are hiding something behind those huge, quazi-anime eyes! :wink:

Can't wait to see some more! :thumbup:

Fabuland Builder's Guild ON! :classic:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I've been meaning to ask you: Where on God's green earth do you come up with the names? :tongue::laugh::wink:

I like the idea of "The Fabuland Edge" as defined by sir dano. I will start adding those occasionally to mine as well, if you're okay with that. And this is how I get the names. I got to any baby name website. I search for baby names that start with the same letter that the animal starts with, for example 'w' for walrus. Then I find a unique two syllable name and pair them up. All the official Fabuland names used alliteration-both words start with the same letter-except of course for Bianca Lamb. :laugh: Anyway, sometimes I take a name from one search and switch out the first letter, like using Fenrik for Fenrik Fox, which I got from the name Henrik...

Hinckley, that is an amazing bakery! :blush: The house is big too! I love the landscape that you created. Suited very very well with the surroundings flowers and trees :classic:

Fabuland On! :thumbup:

Absolutely Beautiful,

Your landscaping is excellent... And you have found a use for that giant house brick...

Excellent! :grin: