Jump to content


Fabuland Crystal Skull Transport


9 replies to this topic

#1 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

  • Rock Hard ABS


    Posts: 3049
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 998
    Country: U.S.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:29 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

More fuel to our Fabuland Fire!  :wink:

Inspired by the upcoming new Indy flick, here's my latest Fabuland MOC. A soviet car for transporting Akator Skeletons. Two reasons I whipped this up: I wanted to build some more Fabuland stuff; show off my crystal skulls!  :wub:

Though this is supposed to be a "historical, military vehicle", it came out almost cartoony. Probably because of the curves and angles.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My favourite pic:
Posted Image
:wub:
Posted Image

I'm not a vehicle expert, so I'm looking foward to your feedback!  :wink:

#2 Wilhelm screamer

Wilhelm screamer

    Posts: 391
    Joined: 15-April 08
    Member: 3036

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:54 AM

I see that you have out done us all again, it does look like something out of a Pixar movie though.  What peaks my interest is that you appear to have the new skelies from 7627, can we expect to see a review of that set any time soon?

PIXAR-LIKE COMMIES & VEHICLES ON! :thumbup:

Edited by Wilhelm screamer, 20 April 2008 - 12:56 AM.

Proud to abuse "AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGH!!" as my battlecry scince 4/19/08
My Brickshelf

#3 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

  • Rock Hard ABS


    Posts: 3049
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 998
    Country: U.S.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:10 AM

View PostWilhelm screamer, on Apr 19 2008, 07:54 PM, said:

I see that you have out done us all again, it does look like something out of a Pixar movie though.  What peaks my interest is that you appear to have the new skelies from 7627, can we expect to see a review of that set any time soon?

PIXAR-LIKE COMMIES & VEHICLES ON! :thumbup:

Thank you!  :sweet:  Glad you like it!  :cry_happy:

I'm sorry, I don't own the whole set, yet.  :wink:  I snagged the skellies off of bricklink. If I find myself in possession of the set, and nobody's done a review, I'd be happy to. Though I have a feeling someone will beat me to it.  :wink:

#4 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Now that´s just a very fine car indeed, you really did a smart work with achieving these cool angles.   :thumbup:  :classic:

#5 CopMike

CopMike

  • All your baseplate are belong to us


    Posts: 5073
    Joined: 04-January 05
    Member: 148
    Country: Sweden

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Very nice and non squared :thumbup:! Keep´em coming!

Crystals On

copmike

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#6 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

  • Rock Hard ABS


    Posts: 3049
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 998
    Country: U.S.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

View PostAsuka, on Apr 20 2008, 10:14 AM, said:

Now that´s just a very fine car indeed, you really did a smart work with achieving these cool angles.   :thumbup:  :classic:

Thank you!  :cry_happy:  Those angles were what I was goin' for!  :thumbup:

View Postcopmike, on Apr 20 2008, 03:58 PM, said:

Very nice and non squared :thumbup:! Keep´em coming!

Crystals On

copmike

Thanks, too!  :blush:

#7 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

  • Come mister tally man, tally me sales!


    Posts: 2437
    Joined: 21-March 07
    Member: 1463
    Country: America.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:56 PM

Those angles are awesome! :wub:  I love this! It looks like alot of the new Indy sets :thumbup:
Just to make it better, you threw in a fabuland figure! :wub:  The wheels are what stick out to me the most on this!

:wub:

#8 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14405
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

Love it! Straight out of The Commies Framed Roger Rabbit! It really is a seamless merger of Fabuland and Indy, which I never would have expected!

I especially appreciate the jaunty way the driver wears his hat, and apparent happiness he has in his work.

I just wish someone would bring my dream to reality. Fabuland Pirates! I've been scouring the available Fabuland sources for parts/figures, but so far, haven't found what I'm looking for. I just know that Pirates have to be a natural progression to this mania.

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#9 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

  • Rock Hard ABS


    Posts: 3049
    Joined: 02-October 06
    Member: 998
    Country: U.S.

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:43 AM

View PostExoBuilder, on Apr 20 2008, 05:56 PM, said:

Those angles are awesome! :wub:  I love this! It looks like alot of the new Indy sets :thumbup:
Just to make it better, you threw in a fabuland figure! :wub:  The wheels are what stick out to me the most on this!

:wub:

Thanks!  :blush:

View Postimperialshadows, on Apr 21 2008, 05:46 AM, said:

I just wish someone would bring my dream to reality. Fabuland Pirates! I've been scouring the available Fabuland sources for parts/figures, but so far, haven't found what I'm looking for. I just know that Pirates have to be a natural progression to this mania.

Thanks!

You've seen my "The Bloody Parrot", haven't you?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Shadows

Shadows

  • Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.


    Posts: 14405
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

View PostSirNadroj, on Apr 21 2008, 06:43 AM, said:

Thanks!  :blush:



Thanks!

You've seen my "The Bloody Parrot", haven't you?
Posted Image
Posted Image
I had not! How did I miss that? It's great! OMG, now I see why! :oh: I've been avoiding the entry thread so I wouldn't say nice things about specific entries, but I remember you saying you'd done it in Fabuland. I have to stop commenting now, it would be unfair for me to influence the judging. :sad:

Eep... look at that cute monkey in the hat! :blush:

*runs*

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users