Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Fabuland Lumberjack's Cottage

builders_guild.gif indexed.gif

Okay, so this is heavily influenced by Sir Nadroj's Fabuland Goat's House and his overall style. Sir Nadroj, I really like your style and it has had a big influence on the way I build. You have a very fun & innocent playfulness in your building style that comes through even in your dark & political MOCs. Okay, maybe it's not present in the Ron Paul mosaic, but it's something I enjoy. Thank you for inspiring me to build this creation and for challenging me to step up my Fabuland MOCing. You have certainly raised the bar.

That being said, I'm not trying to outdo Sir Nadroj's MOC. I think his MOC is transcendent, to be honest, but I want to add onto the momentum and encourage others to do the same. I love seeing Fabuland MOCs and I have to admit, to see one that did involve me made me antsy to build, so I've been working on this in my spare time since Sir Nadroj posted his. So, if you have Fabuland pieces and feel inspired, join the Fabuland Builder's Guild! Build a Fabuland MOC and post it today! :grin: And thus a madman was (re)born.

Hey two paragraphs in a MOC topic and no pics of a MOC yet??...

fenrik_01.jpg

There it is! :classic: (Finally, he shut up and posted the damn MOC...)

See full gallery here

Lumberjack's Cottage

Fenrik Fox is enjoying a beautiful Spring day in his garden with his friend Gaellen Goat. After a long day of chopping down trees, he enjoys a nice meal in his kitchen, then watches the sunset with Gaellen and finally retires to his nice warm bed.

Like I said, it's heavily influenced by Sir Nadroj's work. The Goat's House MOC filled me with inspiration...or maybe jealous rage. Maybe this is a childish and egotistical reaction to a new Fabuland builder being introduced on the block. Maybe it was that comment Sinner made. Perhaps I'm just trying to regain the respect of the Walrus :cry_sad: Meh, but who cares to analyze that crap? Either way, I built something with LEGO. :tongue: Enjoy! Here are some more pics:

fenrik_03.jpgfenrik_10.jpgfenrik_12.jpg

Click on any pic to see more...

I included the Goat figure to build directly off of Sir Nadroj's piece. Gaellen is the sister of Sir Nadroj's goat. Please enjoy and as always feel free to leave feedback. Thanks :classic:

I absolutely love this Hinckley!

The house has a great design, the details such as the vines/moss and that massive tree are great! You and Sir Nadroj my have started a new craze on these boards! :sweet:

Now I really wish I had some Fabuland stuff :cry_sad:

-U_T

Edited by Username_Taken

AWESOME!! :laugh: Is all I can say :thumbup: :thumbup: :classic:

I wish i had Fabuland. I smell bricklink :tongue:

Edited by cartoondude

Hinckley, you have raised the bar for us all once again with the sheer quality of your work. Here is to your continued excellency and creativity you induce in the AFOL community.

ROCK ON MAN! :thumbup:

Okay, so this is heavily influenced by Sir Nadroj's Fabuland Goat's House and his overall style. Sir Nadroj, I really like your style and it has had a big influence on the way I build. You have a very fun & innocent playfulness in your building style that comes through even in your dark & political MOCs. Okay, maybe it's not present in the Ron Paul mosaic, but it's something I enjoy. Thank you for inspiring me to build this creation and for challenging me to step up my Fabuland MOCing. You have certainly raised the bar.

That being said, I'm not trying to outdo Sir Nadroj's MOC. I think his MOC is transcendent, to be honest, but I want to add onto the momentum and encourage others to do the same. I love seeing Fabuland MOCs and I have to admit, to see one that did involve me made me antsy to build, so I've been working on this in my spare time since Sir Nadroj posted his. So, if you have Fabuland pieces and feel inspired, join the Fabuland Builder's Guild! Build a Fabuland MOC and post it today! :grin: And thus a madman was (re)born.

Like I said, it's heavily influenced by Sir Nadroj's work. The Goat's House MOC filled me with inspiration...or maybe jealous rage. Maybe this is a childish and egotistical reaction to a new Fabuland builder being introduced on the block. Maybe it was that comment Sinner made. Perhaps I'm just trying to regain the respect of the Walrus :cry_sad: Meh, but who cares to analyze that crap? Either way, I built something with LEGO. :tongue: Enjoy! Here are some more pics:

I included the Goat figure to build directly off of Sir Nadroj's piece. Gaellen is the sister of Sir Nadroj's goat. Please enjoy and as always feel free to leave feedback. Thanks :classic:

Wow, I influenced the Master of Fabulands! :oh:

This is a truly beautiful MOC, Hinckley! :wub: It certainly gives the feel of the "lumberjack".

I love the choice of the door and walls/windows. Just like my Goat's house! :thumbup: I must also say, the exterior of the house has a great amount of detail. I adore the brickwork (no pun intended :wink: ) around the building, as well as the ivy climbing the wall! That tree is gorgeous, BTW. Really gives off the lumberjack feel even more! :thumbup:

I also like the interior: you fit all the essentials! Perhaps a tiled floor, or a floor of plates would look good? I do like the table and the choice of tiles; gives off an organic, wood feel.

One thing I meant to add to mine, which you put in, is a chimney and fireplace. It does get cold in the winter. I guess poor little Goat will have to stay cold....or will he? :laugh: (Enough of that! :wink: )

Overall , this is a great MOC, and I'm very glad I've inspired you to keep on MOCing (Fabuland) and hopefully I've inspired others to do the same!

(Oh, and I like the sound of this Fabuland Builder's Guild! Perhaps we could take this to the next level? Make a flickr group? (Something! :wink: )

Nice creation there Hinckley. I'm no expert on Fabuland houses but this looks fantastic. You've excellently combined the larger fabuland pieces with regular bricks, and I love the tree and house vines, simply superb.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

A very charming work with a lovely vegetation, you really achieved a great result with the clinker brick facade, and the very nice and

colorful Fabuland house parts fits in very well with the System parts. :sweet::thumbup:

Well, kind of below average ........... NOT!

It´s just gorgeous :wub:! When can I move in?

The whole thing, the tree, the lamppost, the house etc etc is really well done :thumbup:!

I do need to start with this kind of building to earn a spot in the Fabuland Builder's Guild :cry_happy:.

You guys rock!!!

FBG On

copmike

Ahhh, Fabuland has returned! :wub: This is such a nice house with some great details. I especially like the outside pattern of the chimney.

Okay, so this is heavily influenced by Sir Nadroj's Fabuland Goat's House and his overall style.

Sorry to argue, but aside from the tree I think it's still your style. Sir Nadroj likes using whacky half-connected or semi-rotated techiniques. I couldn't build in Sir Nadroj's style even if I wanted to as I need a lot more green bricks! :tongue: Still, I am tempted to join the club, but it means the Shouse will have to sink... :cry_sad:

Maybe it was that comment Sinner made. Perhaps I'm just trying to regain the respect of the Walrus :cry_sad:

Did you lose my respect? Why didn't you say so? Oh, I'll have to mail you some more. I think I have some around here somewhere...

Oh ho, it would seem that the King of Fabuland has been inspired by the up and coming MOC Prince, Sir Nadroj!

Nice job stepping it up, and definitely a contender. I've never seen that much grey in any Fabuland creation that wasn't actually built into a mountain (nice job again, Sir Nadroj), and yet it looks like it really belongs. It's great to see so much more tweaked out of a line that LEGO abandoned before it's time.

Now I'm left to imagine a huge Fabuland Deluxe (that's what I calling this new level of Fabuland) layout, complete with train, harbour, amusement park, everything imaginable. Perhaps Modular Fabuland Downtown. The possibilities are as endless as the wonderful imaginations of the Fabuland Builder's Guild.

Am I the only one that thinks that smooth fox is about to put the moves on the innocent looking goat? :devil:

Keep up the great work!

WAIT!

I'm always supposed to find one complaint in these.

*looks*

*looks some more*

*camera fades*

:wink:

Wow, I influenced the Master of Fabulands! :oh:

Very much so. Your style mixes so well with it anyway and I've always liked the way you innovate for things like cobblestone, bricks and pavers...It's a great mix and I'm very happy you started building Fabuland. It is a very big inspiration for me, as you can tell.

I love the choice of the door and walls/windows. Just like my Goat's house! :thumbup: I must also say, the exterior of the house has a great amount of detail. I adore the brickwork (no pun intended :wink: ) around the building, as well as the ivy climbing the wall! That tree is gorgeous, BTW. Really gives off the lumberjack feel even more! :thumbup:

I love that window piece, it's my favorite from the Fabuland series. It's increasingly rare nowadays so I try to grab it whenever I see it...

I also like the interior: you fit all the essentials! Perhaps a tiled floor, or a floor of plates would look good? I do like the table and the choice of tiles; gives off an organic, wood feel.

That's a great suggestion. I'm so used to leaving the floor as grass because that's how the Fabuland sets were...I will have to BL some hard wood flooring...

(Oh, and I like the sound of this Fabuland Builder's Guild! Perhaps we could take this to the next level? Make a flickr group? (Something! :wink: )

Wow, it took me a long time to reply to this thread. Yes, we should get that Builder's Guild going! :laugh:

Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback. I appreciate it. I'm having a blast building these! :classic:

Wow, another Fabuland MOC :wub:

I really wish I could live in a Fabuland world, sooo peaceful!

I'm definitely getting inspired by seeing all these MOCs showing up.

And I do own a little bit of Fabuland parts.

I'll see if I can make something with them and maybe post it when it looks at least half as good as this one.