Jump to content


When will Mister Phes start creating MOCs?


27 replies to this topic  – Started by snefroe , Jun 12 2005 04:35 PM

#1 snefroe

snefroe
  • waisted plastic


    Posts: 4453
    Joined: 14-February 05
    Member: 230
    Country: belgium

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:35 PM

tell me, Mr.Phes... what would you do with these minifigs? i mean, it's not an official set, so it can't be part of your official collection of lego sets...

Phesical says "The Why is LEGO so stingy with their mini-figures? began heading off topic.  So I've moved the posts into a new thread so we can continue the discussion here - if anyone would like to do so..."

#2 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

I'm stock piling for the tredemous MOCs I plan to create in the future.  I don't have room to display them at the moment so I'm just collecting pieces.  But I would like a sizable Imperial  Guard army all the same...


Posted Image


#3 Norro

Norro
  • Writer & Director and Old Grey fetishist


    Posts: 3507
    Joined: 30-April 05
    Member: 315
    Country: Ireland

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:39 AM

mister_phes, on Jun 12 2005, 04:47 PM, said:

I'm stock piling for the tredemous MOCs I plan to create in the future.  I don't have room to display them at the moment so I'm just collecting pieces.  But I would like a sizable Imperial  Guard army all the same...

     Looking forward to MOCs from your quarter of the sea... When can we expect them?

                    God Bless,

                               Nathan
Posted Image

#4 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:27 AM

After I graduate from university in a couple of years, get a high paying job, buy a bigger place and have room to put them somewhere...


Posted Image


#5 Norro

Norro
  • Writer & Director and Old Grey fetishist


    Posts: 3507
    Joined: 30-April 05
    Member: 315
    Country: Ireland

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:43 AM

mister_phes, on Jun 14 2005, 04:27 AM, said:

After I graduate from university in a couple of years, get a high paying job, buy a bigger place and have room to put them somewhere...

      no major obstacles than...

                 God Bless,

                         Nathan
Posted Image

#6 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:56 AM

No! Not at all.  I've got my latest set, 6269 Shipwrecked on top of my scanner...  All my new smaller sets are beginning to find themsevles locations on my electronic equipment, CD storage, other LEGO boxes - anywhere that has a flat stable surface!

In storage I've got quite a sizable collection of specialised white and yellow pieces including castle walls (not overly abundant), arches,  1 x 5 x n bricks and heaps and heaps of generic pieces.  I need more slopes though and cell doors though.  And those black attenas for cell bars.

And if I could find a base plate like the one in 7419 Dragon Fortress without the yellow brick pattern on the side, then I could build a really awesome fort MOC.  

Anyone know if there is one without the yellow brick pattern?


Posted Image


#7 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:38 AM

I look forward to seeing your personal creations mister_phes... should be a treat *satis* Someday, I will do the same... always not enough room for them :(


Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#8 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:46 AM

I also need a digital camera, but I suppose I can always borrow one off Uncle Fred who lives down the road and round a couple of corners.

I'd actually take photos of my existing sets I have on display if I had my own digital camera.  But wouldn't include the sets and spare parts I've got in storage...


Posted Image


#9 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:28 AM

mister_phes, on Jun 16 2005, 03:46 AM, said:

I also need a digital camera, but I suppose I can always borrow one off Uncle Fred who lives down the road and round a couple of corners.

I'd actually take photos of my existing sets I have on display if I had my own digital camera.  But wouldn't include the sets and spare parts I've got in storage...
Perhaps you should save up some of you 'LEGO money' ( ;) )& get yourself a digital camera as they aren't as expensive as they used to be... although, I am not familiar with the market down under :-D  Just a thought...


Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#10 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:50 AM

Yes I should...  But alas...  My eBay tendancies seem to use up all my spare money.  Fortunately at the moment most of the local Pirate LEGO on eBay is priced waaaaaaaay to high for me to even consider bidding on it.  So that should keep me from puchasing...  Unless a bargain comes along that is...


Posted Image


#11 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:59 AM

mister_phes, on Jun 16 2005, 04:50 AM, said:

Yes I should...  But alas...  My eBay tendancies seem to use up all my spare money.  Fortunately at the moment most of the local Pirate LEGO on eBay is priced waaaaaaaay to high for me to even consider bidding on it.  So that should keep me from puchasing...  Unless a bargain comes along that is...
I have the same problem right now... its a good thing I got a digital camera before I discovered the wonder that is bricklink ;)


Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#12 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:04 AM

I don't  buy much from BrickLink at the moment, but I do admit I'm tempted.  But before I discovered eBay I have an adundance of additional finances.  No longer is this the case...


Posted Image


#13 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:05 AM

Its an addiction mister_phes, & I have it as well... its just difficult to pass up a deal on LEGO :-D


Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#14 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:08 AM

For example : If its a set worth $70 (not including postage) going for $30 (including postage) I find it hard to pass up.  But $30 saved goes a long way into purchasing a digital camera all the same.  But if its under half price I just can't help myself.


Posted Image


#15 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:14 AM

mister_phes, on Jun 16 2005, 05:08 AM, said:

For example : If its a set worth $70 (not including postage) going for $30 (including postage) I find it hard to pass up.  But $30 saved goes a long way into purchasing a digital camera all the same.  But if its under half price I just can't help myself.
I agree completely. The only thing that saves me is when I am wrapped up in work, life, or whatever & I don't have time to browse eBay or bricklink... kind of the "if I can't see a deal, then I won't spend money on it" concept... which seems to happen every so often, so it keeps my addiction kind of in check... :-D  BTW phes, take a look at the second pic in my post over in the Cummunity forum, I think you'd appreciate it ;)


Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#16 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:22 AM

I already have and left my comments...

I don't mind buying second or third (or more) copies of Pirate sets I already have because I know I can use them in MOCs.  But if worse comes to worse I'll always have the pieces to re-sell the complete set.


Posted Image


#17 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:28 AM

mister_phes, on Jun 16 2005, 05:22 AM, said:

I already have and left my comments...

I don't mind buying second or third (or more) copies of Pirate sets I already have because I know I can use them in MOCs.  But if worse comes to worse I'll always have the pieces to re-sell the complete set.
Once again, I can only agree with you. At least that is how I justify to myself why I buy or trade for duplicates of Castle or Pirate sets ;)


Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#18 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:34 AM

As soon as I get a third Caribbean Clipper or Imperial Flagship I'm going to make MOCs by removing the middle section from one and adding it to another.  Then I'll have three different length ships of each!  But for the moment I've just got two of the standard models.  

I came close to getting a third Caribbean Clipper but was outbid at the last minute.  The price was very reasonable too.  Under half of what I paid for my first Clipper.


Posted Image


#19 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 01:42 PM

mister_phes, on Jun 16 2005, 05:34 AM, said:

As soon as I get a third Caribbean Clipper or Imperial Flagship I'm going to make MOCs by removing the middle section from one and adding it to another.  Then I'll have three different length ships of each!  But for the moment I've just got two of the standard models.
Thats a great idea phes! I have two Clippers, and when I get a third, I might just 'borrow' you idea there... :-D


Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#20 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:00 PM

The only issue I have with making a bow and stern MOC (same hull size as Renegade Runner) from the Caribbean Clipper, is the width of the hull might be too wide.  The Caribbean Clipper uses a 16 stud wide hull wheras the hull pieces used in the Renegade Runner are 12 stud wide, so that suits smaller ships better.

I guess its a matter of experimentation by actually doing it and seeing how it looks.


Posted Image


#21 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:05 PM

mister_phes, on Jun 16 2005, 02:00 PM, said:

The only issue I have with making a bow and stern MOC (same hull size as Renegade Runner) from the Caribbean Clipper, is the width of the hull might be too wide.  The Caribbean Clipper uses a 16 stud wide hull wheras the hull pieces used in the Renegade Runner are 12 stud wide, so that suits smaller ships better.

I guess its a matter of experimentation by actually doing it and seeing how it looks.
Its a good thing I have many different size spare hulls to use :-D I'll also just have to do some experimenting... hopefully this weekend... I'll be sure & take some pics if I do...:-D



Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#22 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:20 PM

Excellent Ed!  Then you can report back how successful the result is.  If you end up combining two of the larger stern and bow pieces...


Posted Image


#23 ed_dotcom

ed_dotcom
  • Tie Army Grand Moff


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 27-April 05
    Member: 308
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

mister_phes, on Jun 16 2005, 04:20 PM, said:

Excellent Ed!  Then you can report back how successful the result is.  If you end up combining two of the larger stern and bow pieces...
As you can probably attest to phes, I have plenty of extra hulls to work with on it ;) I will report aftre I give it a go this weekend.


Life is Good.
i am ed & i'm a LEGOholic.

My BrickShelf Gallery...
& my BrickLink Store... Adding parts & pieces almost daily, be sure & check it out!

#24 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20254
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:23 PM

Good luck in your Endeavours Ed, may you create masterpieces!


Posted Image


#25 Assassin

Assassin

    Posts: 47
    Joined: 07-February 05
    Member: 214

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:15 AM

Hi mister_phes

you mentioned you were looking for the base similar to the one in the Dragon Fortress, but without the yellow brick pattern. If I remember correctly it first appeared (minus yellow bricks) in the Rockraiders series.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links