• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic  – Started by MacK , Apr 08 2008 12:40 AM

#1 MacK

MacK
  • The DaddY MacK

Member: 2984

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image 45b

Okay I joined just yesturday, but I figure I should show you guys a MOC I made a while ago. After seeing the great "Pimp you IMPT ship contest. I decided to make a small ship of my own. The Grey Nose is a one cannon vessel named the "Grey Nose" because of the grey bow or "nose". With a  crew of five.
Okay enough of me onto the pictures.

Posted Image

Heres the MOCpages with a few more shots, and a large Description (sorry about the bad pictures, and spelling/grammer :pir_blush:).

Enter at your own risk

The Grey Nose Brickshelf

Edited by SlyOwl, 19 September 2009 - 04:21 PM.

#2 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:17 AM

The good news is you can post images 800 x 600 and they should display nicely at most resolutions.

So here we go:

Posted Image

I'd recommend you take another picture of your ship, this time making sure it fits within the frame because it looks like a third of your sail has been cut off so you might want to zoom out a bit more next time.

Presentation is important because users are more likely to stop and look at something that is nicely presented, and as a result leave you more comments.

Posted Image

#3 zouave

zouave

Member: 1518

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:46 AM

Great job. *y*   The design is not too different but your sails are well made.

#4 MacK

MacK
  • The DaddY MacK

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:36 AM

Thanks Mister Phes I will take some more pictures tomorrow (if I can find some time) and update my Mocpages with them. Though when I made the images 800 by 600 I couldn't upload them because they were to big (file size),so I had to make them very small, I'll go look at a photo resizing tutorial later tonight.
And thanks Zouave for your kind words, I’m actually not that proud of the sails, and if I ever get the chance will likely redo them.

#5 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:10 AM

View PostMacK, on Apr 8 2008, 02:36 PM, said:

Though when I made the images 800 by 600 I couldn't upload them because they were to big (file size),so I had to make them very small, I'll go look at a photo resizing tutorial later tonight.
It's recommended that you get a Brickshelf account.  Brickshelf is an image hosting service especially for LEGO and it lets you store large image files.

Posted Image

#6 Phred

Phred
  • Tweet-meister

Member: 1037

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

Looking forward to some better quality pics. *y*

It's always a great way to introduce yourself here at pirate.EB forum by posting a ship. :pir-sweet:

I've added this ship to the Index of MOC Ships.

P
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image

#7 Asuka

Asuka
  • Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

A very nice and charming ship with a very fine rigging indeed, well done!  :pir-sweet:

#8 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo
  • god for 10

Member: 1816

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

I really like it. It is a very sleek looking vessel but I think maybe a grand total of 6 cannons wouldn't go astray. Anyway, welcome to EB.
Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au

#9 MacK

MacK
  • The DaddY MacK

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for all your comments I'm glad you like my ship :pir-cry_happy: , and as Mister Phes suggested I got a Brickshelf account :pir-oh:, any ways I took some more pictures of my ship (sorry it took so long I started taking pictures of other MOCs). THe pictures aren't a whole lot better, but they give you a few more angles of my ship.

Posted Image

I started taking pictures outside were there was more natural light, so that has improved my pictures a little.  

Posted Image

A crew of five and a monkey populate the Grey Nose.

Posted Image

A birds eye view of the Grey Nose.The Brickshelf folder with more pictures (when moderated) a lot of the pictures are dark or blurry I know, I'm just not much of a photographer, and my cameras fairly old, I just hope overtime I will get better at photographing my Lego.

Also Mister Phes your right the presentation is more important than the MOC, as I got a fair amount of comments on another thread I made with outdoor pictures, but so far for me seems a hit and miss (1/2 threads have got a decent amount of comments) any other ideas how to get a few more comments.

#10 Sugar

Sugar

Member: 3029

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:29 AM

aw, its so cute!, you should include some sharks and such ;p

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links