Sign in to follow this  
Sir Dillon

Raiding Party!

indexed.gif

Hello!

This is my entry for the Classic-Castle battles contest: a viking raid on a village.

2390298866_ebdeef2c7b_m.jpg 2390298616_e7f2e968ec_m.jpg 2390298446_bcab9f9611_m.jpg

[Gallery] when public.

The skateboard ramp houses are not my own idea. They are based off creations by Lord of the Lego.

Comments and criticism is appreciated, please let me know what you think! :-)

That´s an impressive scenery, very lively, and of course these cool roofs´re a real eye catcher. Chicken run on! :-D *y*

That's just brilliant. There's so many things that I love about it.

This will surely do you proud in the contest.

That's fantastic Sir Dillon! Those Norse buildings look really cool, and it's great to see you've given credit where due.

Very nice scenery too, and those waves are simple but great. *y* Nice details like the building being set ablaze and the water spilling out of the barrel make this all the more better. Great job! *y*

~Peace

This is a truly fantastic creation, Sir Dillon. The thatched rooved houses are great, and the monastary looks very effective. I love those priests, and the cross is well done. All of the details are great, especially the little garden and the steps on the longships.

Great job. This really makes me wnat to bring out my viking sets again *sweet*

Wow. Just wow. Tons of amazing details and those beautiful roofs, plenty of creative goodness for me to steal here, and you can bet I will! Good luck with the contest! *y*

That´s an impressive scenery, very lively, and of course these cool roofs´re a real eye catcher. Chicken run on! :-D *y*

Thanks!

That's just brilliant. There's so many things that I love about it.

This will surely do you proud in the contest.

Thank you. I hope it will do well in the contest, but would be surprised if it won anything... there's some crazy good entries year! X-O

That's fantastic Sir Dillon! Those Norse buildings look really cool, and it's great to see you've given credit where due.

Very nice scenery too, and those waves are simple but great. *y* Nice details like the building being set ablaze and the water spilling out of the barrel make this all the more better. Great job! *y*

~Peace

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :-)

This is a truly fantastic creation, Sir Dillon. The thatched rooved houses are great, and the monastary looks very effective. I love those priests, and the cross is well done. All of the details are great, especially the little garden and the steps on the longships.

Great job. This really makes me wnat to bring out my viking sets again *sweet*

Thank you! And, yes bring out those Vikings. :-P

Wow. Just wow. Tons of amazing details and those beautiful roofs, plenty of creative goodness for me to steal here, and you can bet I will! Good luck with the contest! *y*

Thank you! I'm sure most of the details you'll steal aren't originally mine. ;-)

Thanks again for all the comments everyone. *sweet*

WOW! I love the two monks with the cross who are going to be attacked *wub*

It reminds me a french comic I've recently read called "Sept Missionaires" (Seven Missionaries in english) telling the story of seven irish monks sent to a vikings isle to convert them and they success! lol

Very well done, I like the use of the priest to try and slow the attack, though brown might be a bit better than black. My only suggested improvement I would suggest is breaking up the solid gray walls of the chruch a little bit.

Fantastic moc!That was very clever how you cut the ship in two, very clever indeed.

Love the whole thing, it's genius. I don't like the ramp/roofs though, they're tooo....

megablockish :-P And how did you make that cross?

Edited by goggleson

Very well done, I like the use of the priest to try and slow the attack, though brown might be a bit better than black.

Yeah, brown probably would've have been a little better, but I don't have enough brown capes. Black looks good to me anyway, though, so I don't think it's much of a loss.

My only suggested improvement I would suggest is breaking up the solid gray walls of the chruch a little bit.

When building the church, I wanted to make it look simple, like a church of that time might have, but looking back on it, I agree with you. Some sort of architectural design on the front would've helped, I think.

how did you make that cross?

It's just two brown rods tied together with a rubber band.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. *sweet*

As someone who is a fan of battle scenes, yours certainly does not disappoint. The landscaping and structures are nice, but the "animation" is what I love the most about your scene. First of all, you went out of your way to pick a variety of faces and picked ones very appropriate to the situations they were in. I believe that this really adds to the character of your MOC. Then even go out of your way to add little details; the water spilled out of the overturned barrel, the one viking stealing a barrel, and the Viking lighting the one house on fire. Based on what I've seen here, I'd say you have a pretty good chance at winning the contest. Even so, best of luck!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

As someone who is a fan of battle scenes, yours certainly does not disappoint. The landscaping and structures are nice, but the "animation" is what I love the most about your scene. First of all, you went out of your way to pick a variety of faces and picked ones very appropriate to the situations they were in. I believe that this really adds to the character of your MOC. Then even go out of your way to add little details; the water spilled out of the overturned barrel, the one viking stealing a barrel, and the Viking lighting the one house on fire. Based on what I've seen here, I'd say you have a pretty good chance at winning the contest. Even so, best of luck!

Wow, thank you for that very nice comment! This is actually an older thread, so the contest is already over. (I didn't place)

I love how you did the curved roof! :thumbup:

Thank you, but it's not an original idea. The credit goes to Lord of the Lego.

By the way, it says this thread has been indexed... indexed where? I couldn't find it.

when i was a child, i loved those pictures which you can look at for hours and always discover new details... this is something like this. and i specially love vikings. so it's just great. thx a lot for sharing - and building it.

Thanks guys.

But it needs women and children

I think I decided that my lack of female minifigures could be covered up by saying that the men were defending the village while the woman and children fled. But you're right, woman and children would have been a good addition.