Welcome to the EBRP *sweet* !
This thread is reserved ONLY for character registration and general information. All questions and discussion should go here.
Q: I'd like to join but I don't want to/have the time to check up on the thread everyday, can I still join the fun?
A: Yes, you can. You add content to your story whenever you've got some new ideas or time to do so. You can do this every day or once in two days, once in a week, it's up to you!
Q: Can I kill the characters of other players?
A: Yes, you can BUT ONLY if the owner of the targeted characters agrees on the fact you wish to finish of his/her character. You can make an agreement on this matter via PM for example.
Q: Can there be dragons, sea serpents and trolls?
A: Yes, there can be all of those mythical creatures because the listed examples were all available in real Lego sets too. Giants or centaurs are not allowed because Lego never made any of those.
Q: An RP, eh? Is there any dice rolling involved?
A: Nope, there is no dice rolling involved. If you're not sure on what to make of this, you can always check some examples here, here and here. Basicly you write down the adventures of your Lego character. These can interweave with the adventures of characters of other members too.
Q: Am I allowed to wage war and take territory of the other factions?
A: There can be wars and stuff but please try to keep that at a minimum. And don't start wars just because you want war, make sure you have good, 'realistic' motives. Plus, please try to avoid plunging the entire continent in war, that would be last thing I want ;-) . As for the territory, I don't really like the idea of taking away enemy territory, because I would have to redraw the map the entire time :-P .
Q:Are fictional factions allowed?
A:No, only the official LEGO Castle factions (and Ninjas) are allowed.
Q:How fast can we travel?
A:It takes 2 days to cross 1 square when you're on foot and 1 day per square on horseback (dragonback, boat, etc.).
*FAQ may be updated with new questions in the future*
3. EBRP RULES
1. General rules
* Try to be somewhat realistic. A character with a horse or other mount will travel faster than a character on foot.
* Try not to give your character improbably strong powers (for example a spell that kills everone immediatly) or make him invincible.
* NO gunpowder.
2. Character based rules
* Your character HAS to be a LEGO minifig, NO animal characters like dragons or talking parrots, etc.
* Your character cannot be a god with godlike powers.
* You can have multiple characters.
* Your character has to be part of one of the following Lego Castle factions:
Information about the factions can be found here (still WIP, though).
*New rules may be added in the future*
4. CHARACTER SIGN-UP
* Please try to post only one picture per character. If you have more pics, link to them in your posts. This rule is here not to flood the thread with pics so users with slow internet connection can still view it with ease :-) .
* Please use following spreadsheet (or a variant):
Name: Insert name here.
Age: Insert age here.
Background: Summarized background of your character goes here.
Faction: Pick one of the above factions where your character belongs to.
Class/place in hierarchy: Fill in the characters profession or occupation.
Equipment: Describe his basic equipment.
Looks: Describe your character or make a pic of him/her and add it here.
Of course, favorite sayings and hobbies may be added ;-) :-P .
Edited by KhoRne, 18 October 2008 - 08:35 PM.