Welcome to "A Pirate's Life!" the latest and greatest contest from Eurobricks and Classic-Pirates.com!
I'm your host, imperialshadows, and for this particular ride, I'm all you've got. >:-)
Prepare to have fun, Pirates style, and maybe even pick up some booty! Har! *sweet*
Imagine that LEGO has announced the return of Classic Pirates in all it's glory! YAY! *y*
But, instead of simply launching an entire line that could fail, they're being careful. They want YOU to design sets to test the waters, so to speak.
There will be three classes of entries: impulse, small and large. You may make one entry in each class, if you wish. The classes will be explained below.
They could be almost anything! With nothing to limit you but your imagination (and the rules below), what will you design?
1. Build a set or sets that you think that LEGO could use to sell the world on a new Pirates line.
2. Take pics.
3. Present your work in the entry thread.
5. You just might win a prize ... or several prizes!
Whoever receives the most votes in each class will win a fabulous prize! Each of our three prizes has been kindly donated by popular EB personalities who are greatly appreciated for their contributions.
What, you want to see them? Oh no, not yet. It's a surprise, but I'll tell you this, they're well worth the effort, so get building!
Impulse: Build an impulse set with no more than 25 pieces, 1 minifig and 1 animal, and 1 parrot. No baseplates, no burps/lurps or large ship hulls. All other rules apply.
Small: Build a small set with no more than 100 pieces, 3 minifigs and 2 animals, and 2 parrots. A single baseplate up to 16x16 may be used. 3 burps/lurps (total, not 3 of each) may be used. No large ship hulls. All other rules apply.
Large: Build a larger set with no more than 200 pieces, 5 minifigs and 4 animals, and 4 parrots. A single 32x32 baseplate, or 2 16x32 baseplates may be used. 5 burps/lurps (total, not 5 of each) may be used. Ship hulls are allowed. All other rules apply.
1. The contest will run from March 31st to May 12th, 6 weeks. No entries will be accepted after that date, unless something comes up and a new date is announced.
2. One entry per class, per person.
3. Only real LEGO brand parts are allowed, with three exceptions. You may use custom decals on minifigs, which will not count against your piece total. Decals used any other way will count as 1 piece. You may use non-LEGO string, if you must, which will also count as 1 piece. You may use custom sails (paper or cloth), which will count as 1 piece each.
4. A standard minifig does not count against your piece total (hat or hair, head, torso, leg assembly). Extra accessories are extra pieces however, even if attached or worn (like a backpack).
5. Digital entries will be allowed.
6. You may present up to 3 pictures per entry. You will post those in the entry thread, along with any backstory or notes you wish to make about your creation. One creation per post. The first picture will become your thumbnail for the voting round, so pick well.
7. Be prepared to offer additional photos if requested for part count verification. In other words, once you've posted your entry, don't take it apart, we might need to see more of it.
8. My judgement is final. I may mention violations in the discussion thread, I may not. Entries may be changed until the end of the contest if you need to fix something. At the end of the contest, violations will be disqualified. I don't want to do that, so please be sure to follow the rules or ask questions.
9. Have fun. Or else. Don't push your luck here, I mean it. :-P
These rules may be updated at any time necessary, please refer to them often.
So there you have it. Treasure is out there to be had, and only you can decide how you will attempt to claim it!
Get building, there be fame and glory ahead!
RULES UPDATED 4/1: Custom sails are now allowed. See rule 3.
RULES UPDATED 4/5: Decals on minifigs no longer count as a piece. Parrots seperated from the animal category and limits given.
RULES UPDATED 4/7: Major change to the way minifig pieces are (and now aren't) counted. See rule #4 and rejoice.