CLUES Murder Mystery Background

11 replies to this topic

#1 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:02 AM

BACKGROUND

You have received an international call from someone who says his name is Pete Falklin.  Some of you recognize his voice as the Security Officer of the European Lego Express, whom you thought you’d never speak with again.  Pete says he needs your help.

Pete tells you that his employment with the Lego Express was terminated after Bloody Jay was not convicted of the four murders aboard your last train voyage.  Issues relating to tampering of evidence, circumstantial evidence, and failure of witnesses to appear resulted in Bloody Jay avoiding prosecution.  Pete was very close to retirement and given a substantial severance package for deciding to accept the early retirement; and thereafter, moved to the United States.

He now resides in a small town called Port Heceta along the Oregon coast; but not all has been quiet in the quaint little town.  New commerce and a prosperous fishing industry are bringing in many new companies and construction to the small town.  Pete now works as a part-time security guard for a small privately owned construction company called Heceta Construction.  The company is bidding on a contract with the large corporation Paradisa to build a coastal resort in Heceta.

Unfortunately, there is single house that thwarts all construction planning.  Atop Heceta Hill is an old dilapidating house known as the Crowley Mansion rumored to be haunted.  The mansion is owned by a venerable old hermit; Dorian Crowley, who refuses to sell his home and the surrounding property to the Town of Heceta.  No one has seen Mr. Crowley for several weeks and all attempts to contact him have led to unwanted visitors running away in fear telling rumors that apparitions and spirits of the dead possess the house.  One such frightened individual even reported that he saw a skeletal Dorian Crowley while in the house and heard Crowley’s ghastly screams before running out.  Since then, rumors even speak of ghostly lights appearing in the windows of the mansion.

The small police department in the town is very reluctant to visit the home after the last incident, and some of the older town residents would rather just see the house left alone instead of the development of a large tourist resort.  

Pete has been suffering from chronic depression over the past few months as he feels that his career has been one failure after another.  He has a close friend on the Town Council and mentioned the Lego Express Murder Mystery and the Eurobrick detective team to him.  Although the Town Council is somewhat split, the majority is very much interested in hiring you to find our what’s really going on at the old Crowley Mansion.  Pete feels that if this mystery can be solved, he will have performed a detrimental service to his company and the community.  Pete and the Town Council have asked for your help to solve the Mystery at Crowley Mansion.

#2 Mr. Lego-builder

Mr. Lego-builder

• Work In Progress

Member: 314

Posted 18 June 2005 - 01:55 AM

Sounds interesting! ;)

Can't wait for it to start!!

#3 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:19 PM

:^D

#4 Darth_Ewok

Darth_Ewok

• Furry Yub Yub

Member: 263

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

Unfortunately I will not be able to participate  :(

I forgot that we were going to texas to visit our grandfather!!!!!!!

and we will not be here that day!  :(  :'(  *devil*  >:(  *sing*

#5 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:40 PM

CLUES

Each of you will receive a single CLUE re. another character.  The CLUE could have meaning (or) be irrelevant to the mystery.  No responses are necessary and no further information re. these CLUES will be provided.

#6 snefroe

snefroe

• waisted plastic

Member: 230

Posted 18 June 2005 - 06:46 PM

could you guys explain to us how the procedure of this game is going to work?

#7 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

Very similar to how Murder on the Lego Express was conducted.  Each participant is trying to solve the following:

Where was the murder?
What was the weapon?
Who was the murderer?

The murderer will be the most difficult to solve.  The first participant to post the correct answers to me in a PM will be the winner.  Clues will be provided both to the group and privately based on special knowledge.  Generally, the whole team will be together obtaining the same clues.

#8 Bloody Jay

Bloody Jay

• You know who

Member: 147

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:05 PM

snefroe1, on Jun 18 2005, 01:46 PM, said:

could you guys explain to us how the procedure of this game is going to work?
We all 'enter' the mansion.  I take photographs of each stage of the story, and will 'explore' a room for you with a series of photographs when you decide to search it.  Clues will be provided, in one way or another, and you guys have to figure out who killed old man Crowley, in which room they killed him, and with what available weapon.  I think, Brickster, that we should also require them to state the motive, so there's no lucky guessing going on...?

Anyway, first to provide the needed information wins an ARC-170 Mini - if you think you have it, PM it to Brickster.  Wrong guesses will be penalized, so build up your evidence.  I think that's about it.

#9 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

Who deleted my previous post ? I'd like this not to happen again...

#10 vcvc

vcvc

• Spamming & Stealing Member

Member: 368

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:34 PM

i can't wait MEOW!

#11 Mr. Lego-builder

Mr. Lego-builder

• Work In Progress

Member: 314

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

Sorry, vcvc, you can only watch in this one, since there is no non-participant posting/helping in the mystery.  ;)

Be sure to sign up for the next one though! *satis*

#12 vcvc

vcvc

• Spamming & Stealing Member

Member: 368

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:54 PM

ok

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users