Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Skeleton Village Attack

indexed.gif

Last one!

The Crownies are attacking the skeletons' village, rather unsuccessfully :-/

It's my first attempt at a perspective background, so be nice :-)

village1.jpg

village2.jpg

Enjoy! *y*

Pretty nice!

I like the black slopes as the rocky shoreline, and I love the action going on. The perspective is great, but I feel that you should have done a little more. Maybe another small house to enhance the illusion (though, it looks great now). Also not sure about the roof. Maybe a black thatched roof with your hand technique? *y*

Hi!

I agree, nice job! Also nice colors and not too crowded.

Also good result for a first perspective attempt.

Besides, I like your skelly baby!

Maybe another small house to enhance the illusion (though, it looks great now). Also not sure about the roof. Maybe a black thatched roof with your hand technique? *y*

a) The "perspective" house front apparently is lined up with the main house front. Setting it back 1 or 2 studs should do the perspective trick nicely (if need be, compromise one stud resp. brick height unit of the water).

b) A mixture of brown slopes for the perspective house (or a brown 2*8 plate angled likewise) might help the roof.

c) How about an advancement of the dark grey "perspective" rock by one stud?

Edited by voxel

A fine work.... and that Skelly mama with baby´s really an interesting and funny addition! *sweet*

I really like the shoreline and the roof in this MOC. I think that the building should be a couple studs back from the edge, which some lawn there so the crownies have a chance to catch their footing.

I didn't notice the baby skeleton, but now that I do: That's really funny!

Also not sure about the roof. Maybe a black thatched roof with your hand technique? *y*

I would have used it, apart from the fact that I don't have 300 black hands to spare :-/ Furthermore, the technique doesn't work for large areas as it is impossible to mask any vertical plate borders, so there would be a nasty line where the two plates meet :-(

a) The "perspective" house front apparently is lined up with the main house front. Setting it back 1 or 2 studs should do the perspective trick nicely (if need be, compromise one stud resp. brick height unit of the water).

c) How about an advancement of the dark grey "perspective" rock by one stud?

Ah yes, the house doesn't need to be on the same column as the path. :-| As for the whole background, it is actually 1 stud back from the main house, but it didn't come out too well.

I'll bear this in mind for my next MOC *y*