Jump to content


Gotham Police Station


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:59 AM

Posted Image

Hello again. I've really wanted to make a Gotham police Station for ages now, and eventually decided to mod my 2005 police station (which imo, is a bit underrated and gets too much of a bad rap). After starting, I quickly realised mine was a super mod, redoing entire sections and creating others. I'm glad to show you the final result, which I am very happy with:
Posted Image

This was originally going to be in Bat Mocs'N'Mods Treat 4 until I realised how big it was getting:
Posted Image

I even added new interior as well:
Posted Image

And, as you can see, I made the buildings 2-4 studs thicker at the back, allowing for much more room inside the building:
Posted Image

Overall shot, the two sections on the far right are entirely new, and the left ones have been modded quite a bit:
Posted Image

Another overall shot, I placed the tree there to fill in that annoying hole:
Posted Image

Two generic policemen, in the closeup on the new section. I built this part very carefully to use the baseplate as well as I could:
Posted Image

Another shot, I love this building, though it seems the "GCPD" sign is accidentally rolled back here:
Posted Image

The higher up newer section, which serves as a cell. The original was on it's own in a vulnerable position, so I've relocated it to a better, safer place:
Posted Image

This shot was hard to get, in side the lower new section: The Store room. On the right is police equipment, on the left is confiscated items. These include: Joker bomb, Poison Ivy plant, Clayface mud, Batarang, Catwoman whip, Tommy Gun and Penguin's umbrella:
Posted Image

The research room. Sorry for the blur, I don't have a Macro function (that I know of anyway). The background isn't bricked in properly in this pic because moments before I pulled the roof off for the previous shot. There are stairs leading into the storage room as well:
Posted Image

The much loved box of donuts  X-D :
Posted Image

The entrance, where reception lies. I'm pretty happy with the tap too:
Posted Image

Upstairs, the interrogation room. I like the fire extinguisher here too:
Posted Image

The entrance to the cell. I don't have those awesome new prison doors yet, so mine just barely opens right now. Note LuxorV's awesome Mad Hatter in the cell. Thanks a heap for that LuxorV!  :'-) . Note also the Wanted sign:
Posted Image

Heres the cell, the only room with a back in it, for fun:
Posted Image

The cell wall is only attached by three points, so it is easily removed for escape:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry again for the blur, heres the picture and temporary evidence room (meaning this is where the evidence goes before storage):
Posted Image

Posted Image

Officer office, here with evidence and fingerprints of someone who stole Two identical diamonds from Gotham Museum:
Posted Image

The time, bin, and hallway:
Posted Image

Outside platform and hallway:
Posted Image

Bullock eating a donut, and Montoya on the roof, I'm rather happy with the railing here:
Posted Image

Gordon (credit goes to The Penguin for this fig inspiration) on the roof with the Batsignal. I'm extremely happy with how the sign decal came out and the signal too:
Posted Image

Gordon's office, with a copied Bane Wanted poster, Fear Gas bomb, Gotham City map, telephone, computer and suitcase:
Posted Image

The figs, left to right, Gordon, Bullock, Montoya, generic policeman #1, generic policeman #2, and Boingo the Magical Puppy. Not really, he's just a policedog #3.
Posted Image

Final overall shot:
Posted Image

More pics Here.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed building and sharing it, comments and criticism as well as thoughts on whether that technic piece works as a donut appreciated!  :-D

To the Batbrick Cave!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

  • Come mister tally man, tally me sales!


    Posts: 2437
    Joined: 21-March 07
    Member: 1463
    Country: America.

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:51 AM

Finally Batbrick, you provided! Though, I'm not sure about he donuts, I'll review it like so:

The exterior: At first glance, I would say that this is an extremely modded police set, but it's so much more than that *wub*  The overall appearance is stunning! You've clearly impressed my bud!

Prison cells: Ooh! *wub*  Another great addition BB! I love the one that holds all of the weapons, they all look so great.

The roof: Ooh, Gordon looks great! I love the Batsignal, such a creative idea. *y*

The interior: I already told you I'm not sure about them donuts, but I'll let this one slip :-D  The interior is my favorite part of this whole thing, it is so detailed! *wub* Wow, Mad Hatter looks great! LuxorV did a great job on him! He's a beautiful looking fig! All of the detail in here, is awesome! *y*

Figs: These are great too! I love how you used IJ heads on them, they look great.

You did a great job on this Batbrick! I'd love to see more mods like this from you *wub*

I'm still not sure about that donut though... 8-|
*sweet*

#3 Tacitus

Tacitus

    Posts: 220
    Joined: 13-March 08
    Member: 2880
    Country: United States

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:56 AM

That's some great MOD-ing.  I've always thought that the last police station had a lot of potential, and you've made it happen.  The interior detail is great.  I really like that you've turned the rooms into functional rooms be making them deeper and connecting them together as one would expect in a real building.

Have you tried modifying Arkham, yet?  That's been my pet project, though I have not had any time to spend on it.

Edited by Tacitus, 26 March 2008 - 05:31 AM.


#4 iamded

iamded

  • Cannot neigh to save his life.


    Posts: 5033
    Joined: 09-January 07
    Member: 1225
    Country: New Zealand!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:57 AM

That is stunning! I love it! Clearly a lot of work has been put into this, it looks fantastic! Expect a more in depth review later.
~Peace

Edited by iamded, 28 March 2008 - 03:15 AM.


Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.


#5 Sinner

Sinner

  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19381
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:06 AM

Great work! I agree that this set is very under-rated. (I have it too.) You have done a great job in re-working this set, and I like the figs too! I especially like that at a casual glance it's seems the same, but the more you look at it the more you realise that almost everthing has changed. The prison is probably the biggest improvement; I liked the look of the original, but it makes no sense!  :-D Interestingly one of my projects is rebuilding my police station so it looks like the old one but still fits in next to Green Grocer...





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#6 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:21 AM

View PostExobuilder, on Mar 26 2008, 02:51 PM, said:

Finally Batbrick, you provided! Though, I love the donuts, I'll review it like so:
The exterior: At first glance, I would say that this is an extremely modded police set, but it's so much more than that *wub*  The overall appearance is stunning! You've clearly impressed my bud!
Prison cells: Ooh! *wub*  Another great addition BB! I love the one that holds all of the weapons, they all look so great.
The roof: Ooh, Gordon looks great! I love the Batsignal, such a creative idea. *y*
The interior: I already told you I love them donuts.  The interior is my favorite part of this whole thing, it is so detailed! *wub* Wow, Mad Hatter looks great! LuxorV did a great job on him! He's a beautiful looking fig! All of the detail in here, is awesome! *y*
Figs: These are great too! I love how you used IJ heads on them, they look great.
You did a great job on this Batbrick! I'd love to see more mods like this from you *wub*
Love that donut too! 8-|
Thanks Exobuilder, I'm glad you loved the donuts! (edits your quote  >:-) )
Thankyou a heap mate, thanks for your comment's I'm really glad you like it, and the interior too. LuxorV did do a fantastic job didn't he?
I'm glad you like the figs too, IJ is a great source of fleshie heads, Belloq is going to be my real Mad Hatter head when I get him. I love collecting fleshies, because you have to make do and look forward to fleshie sets.

View PostTacitus, on Mar 26 2008, 03:56 PM, said:

That's some great MOD-ing.  I've always thought that the last police station had a lot of potential, and you've made it happen.  The interior detail is great.  I really like that you've turned the rooms into functional rooms be making them deeper and connecting them together as one would expect in a real building.

Have you tried modifying Arkham, yet?  That's been my pet project, though I have not had any time to spend on it.
Thanks Tacticus, thanks for noticing how I connected the rooms too, I tried hard to make it more real so thanks a heap. Yes I do plan to also supermod Arkham, and make it bigger and hold more cells. It will be about as large as this police station is right now, but I'm not starting yet due to a real lack of frown and I'm scared!  First off is my own Wayne Manor with a boatload of tan from Town House, The Lost Tomb, and the upcoming Temple of Akator.

View Postiamded, on Mar 26 2008, 03:57 PM, said:

That is stunning! I love it! Clearly a lot of work has been put into this, it looks fantastic! Expect e more in depth review later.
~Peace
Thanks bud, much appreciated! I look forward to your more indepth review!

View PostSinner, on Mar 26 2008, 04:06 PM, said:

Great work! I agree that this set is very under-rated. (I have it too.) You have done a great job in re-working this set, and I like the figs too! I especially like that at a casual glance it's seems the same, but the more you look at it the more you realise that almost everthing has changed. The prison is probably the biggest improvement; I liked the look of the original, but it makes no sense!  :-D Interestingly one of my projects is rebuilding my police station so it looks like the old one but still fits in next to Green Grocer...
Thanks Sinner, I always appreciate your comments. Yeah, at first it was just a quick mod, but as you say the more I went around the more I changed, so thanks for noticing that. And that prison cell I'm glad you like, the original was nice but as you say was ridiculous!  :-D
Nice to find another person who likes the set, I think the baseplate is what the main detractor is, so the main thing I focused on was using that better. I really look forward to your Green Grocer fit-in station then!

To the Batbrick Cave!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#7 ???theriddler???

???theriddler???

    Posts: 795
    Joined: 12-June 07
    Member: 1675
    Country: netherlands

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

This is the only thing i can say, really fantastic, great, but i saw the first photo, i think, it's good, but then i saw every photo, i thought, wow, really good made, FANTASTIC!!!!!! I really want it, and good mad hatter!
When Is The Villain, Not The Villain?

#8 Plural

Plural

    Posts: 474
    Joined: 04-January 07
    Member: 1179

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

This is really good and I love all the little touches you've added. At first glance I wasn't to fussed about it, but the more I look at it the better it seems to be. I simply cannot pick fault with it, it's just so very good.

Also I  *wub*  your donuts.

Good job.  *sweet*
Posted Image

Spoiler

#9 jedikermit

jedikermit

  • Muppet Man


    Posts: 445
    Joined: 10-October 07
    Member: 2077
    Country: United States

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

Very impressive work.  I don't see TLC giving us a "Real" GCPD anytime soon, so this is a great inspiration for me.  You worked in a load of details that are both playable and make sense for the characters and situations.   And I love Luxor's Mad Hatter.  Very nicely done.
Check out my CUUSOO Proposals:  Superman's Fortress of Solitude and The Muppets!

#10 The Penguin

The Penguin

  • Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!


    Posts: 2271
    Joined: 10-January 08
    Member: 2465
    Country: Russia

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Great work as always, Batbrick! )  *sweet*

I simply love the donuts! )))))  X-D

Speaking seriously, I like the way you modded the police station: especially it's interior, those nice little details are simply wonderful. ) But the exterior is also good. ) And I really love the rooftop with Batsignal.... )

Again, great work! ) I'm looking forward to seeing some other Gotham-MOC's from you! )  :'-)

Good day! )

#11 WarnIcarus

WarnIcarus

    Posts: 106
    Joined: 17-December 07
    Member: 2301

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

I hope this thing is modular, it looks really great! I recommend remaking the cars two figs wide. Those generic models do not work well with your more realistic police station.

How many pieces does it use? I would love if LEGO would start building better town components like this.

#12 phoinix

phoinix

  • Eurovision !!


    Posts: 773
    Joined: 11-March 06
    Member: 689
    Country: Greece-Cyprus

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

i really love what you have done here!
i saw the images last night on brickshelf and saved a coupled on my pc!

great work!
interesting design

and i also have this set and really like it!

#13 Darth_Legois

Darth_Legois

  • Bagel Heretic


    Posts: 2241
    Joined: 03-April 07
    Member: 1496
    Country: Australia

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:09 PM

Makes the "normal" 05 station look like crap which is what it was Nice i realy like it if i werent geting 7744 i would customize my 05 station like yours ;-)  *y*

#14 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:19 AM

View Post???theriddler???, on Mar 27 2008, 04:28 AM, said:

This is the only thing i can say, really fantastic, great, but i saw the first photo, i think, it's good, but then i saw every photo, i thought, wow, really good made, FANTASTIC!!!!!! I really want it, and good mad hatter!
Thankyou theriddler, I'm glad you like it. But the Mad Hatter is LuxorV's, not mine  ;-)

View PostPlural, on Mar 27 2008, 04:51 AM, said:

This is really good and I love all the little touches you've added. At first glance I wasn't to fussed about it, but the more I look at it the better it seems to be. I simply cannot pick fault with it, it's just so very good.
Also I  *wub*  your donuts.
Good job.  *sweet*
Thankyou very much Plural, great to see someone who love the technicy donuts too!  X-D

View Postjedikermit, on Mar 27 2008, 05:50 AM, said:

Very impressive work.  I don't see TLC giving us a "Real" GCPD anytime soon, so this is a great inspiration for me.  You worked in a load of details that are both playable and make sense for the characters and situations.   And I love Luxor's Mad Hatter.  Very nicely done.
Thanks jedikermit, I agree too, I doubt we'll get a GCPD from Lego. Glad to have served as inspiration, thanks for the comments.

View PostThe Penguin, on Mar 27 2008, 06:49 AM, said:

Great work as always, Batbrick! )  *sweet*
I simply love the donuts! )))))  X-D
Speaking seriously, I like the way you modded the police station: especially it's interior, those nice little details are simply wonderful. ) But the exterior is also good. ) And I really love the rooftop with Batsignal.... )
Again, great work! ) I'm looking forward to seeing some other Gotham-MOC's from you! )  :'-)
Good day! )
Thankyou as always my good friend, I also look forward to making more Gotham Mocs. I have a Wayne Manor, Batcave extension, Arkham supersizing and Gotham Bank planned. Good day to you too!

View PostWarnIcarus, on Mar 27 2008, 06:54 AM, said:

I hope this thing is modular, it looks really great! I recommend remaking the cars two figs wide. Those generic models do not work well with your more realistic police station.
How many pieces does it use? I would love if LEGO would start building better town components like this.
Its kind of modular, if I had more pieces the buildings would be much more separable. I agree too, one of my many many projects is to make the Gotham Police Squad, its cars and Vans with my custom decals. I'm not sure how many pieces sorry, but it is certainly a lot more than the original, but still not as much as it appears due to large wall panels. I think Lego is not beyond making something this size I'm sure, for wide release that is. Thanks for your comments too, much appreciated.

View Postphoinix, on Mar 27 2008, 07:17 AM, said:

i really love what you have done here!
i saw the images last night on brickshelf and saved a coupled on my pc!
great work!
interesting design
and i also have this set and really like it!
Wow! You saw it before I posted it? Thanks for your comments, I'm overjoyed with the reaction, I'm not a very talented builder. Glad to see someone else who loves the set too.

View PostDarth_Legois_619, on Mar 27 2008, 09:09 AM, said:

Makes the "normal" 05 station look like crap which is what it was Nice i realy like it if i werent geting 7744 i would customize my 05 station like yours ;-)  *y*
Umm, not sure whether to take this a compliment or not, you say mine makes the original look like crap, but then state (I think) that the original is crap anyway (I disagree), so is mine good or not? I can't tell from your long sentence, so I'll just say thanks for the second part, because I see a compliment there  :-D

Stalking iamded!  *skull*
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#15 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 26 2008, 02:59 AM, said:

Officer office, here with evidence and fingerprints of someone who stole Two identical diamonds from Gotham Museum:
Hmm, I wonder who that could be...

Anyway, I like this. I can see my umbrella in there now, and I'm glad you liked it enough to use it. The other details (ie the donuts) are pretty nifty too. Overall, it's a logical, sensible structure, with some cool insider details.

But really, how can you make Gordon's office without the red 60s Bat-phone? *beep beep beep*
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#16 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 28 2008, 06:25 AM, said:

Hmm, I wonder who that could be...

Anyway, I like this. I can see my umbrella in there now, and I'm glad you liked it enough to use it. The other details (ie the donuts) are pretty nifty too. Overall, it's a logical, sensible structure, with some cool insider details.

But really, how can you make Gordon's office without the red 60s Bat-phone? *beep beep beep*
Thanks, glad you like it. As for the red phone, maybe because I don't have one?  X-D
I guess I could paint it like I did Ace the Bathound though....

Stalking BB1!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#17 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

What a fine and thoughtful work, the overall design of it just looks smart and very clever. The new prison fits marvelous, and the
incredible amount of very fine details, especially the doughnuts, the two jewels, the piece of clay and the Mad Hatter´re plain cool.
The whole MOC´s just wonderful, very decent in shape and structure, and your Commissioner Gordon and the other MFs fit into it very well.  :'-)   *y*

#18 Zarkan

Zarkan

  • Greviously Renamed Gungan


    Posts: 2426
    Joined: 08-December 05
    Member: 569
    Country: USA

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:44 AM

Batbrick, you have made an amazing MOC. Everything about it is just awesome, from the superdetailed interior to the proportions to the minifigures... I could go on and on.   *wub*

I think the best part is that you've designed it so well that I could actually see TLC doing a kit like this. I'm sure it'd sell well! And I agree, the 2005 Police station is underated. I think the only real flaw is that it is on a rocky baseplate, but I don't think that it would be too hard to move it to a normal one. However, with a design like yours there's no need to do that. ;-)

Edited by Grevious, 28 March 2008 - 01:45 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


#19 iamded

iamded

  • Cannot neigh to save his life.


    Posts: 5033
    Joined: 09-January 07
    Member: 1225
    Country: New Zealand!

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

Now for my thorough analysis!
The overall view of this looks great, I love the use of those windows that slope out as they go up, and the detail makes it look all the more better.
The storage room is awesome, it's cool that you included things from characters TLC hasn't yet made, like the Clayface mud. It all looks very neat organised like that too.
The research room looks great too, equipped with all they need, including donuts and coffee. :-D
The reception area is neat, nice job with the tap. And again, the necessary coffee. :-D
The interrogation room is nice, but another seat wouldn't hurt. Unless of course they like to play bad cop, all standing up and intimidating. >:-) Nice touch with the fire extinguisher, is that for 'interrogation' too? >:-) :-P
The cells are cool, the Mad Hatter looks nice in there. I read a comic last night called 'Hitman', and Hitman (a DC character) shot the Mad Hatter in the knee caps for some extra cash. He looked like a leprechaun. X-D Anyway, the removable cell wall is a great touch too.
The temporary evidence room is nice and simple with everything you need, same fo the photography room.
The office looks fantastic, though what's an axe doing in there? 8-| X-D
Little details like the clock adn bin you've pu in the hall make this thing all the more cooler. The outside platform is nice too, for those cops who want to get a bit of air.
The railing on the roof is great, nicely done! I like the Batsignal on the roof, but I thought the cops were against Batman?
Gordon's office is neat, and fits in nicely with the rest of the building, and all the figs are great too.
And now what I've been saving till now: *y* *y* *y*
And yes, that technic piece works great as a donut. :-D
~Peace


Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.


#20 Brainbox

Brainbox

  • A real Joe 90


    Posts: 2583
    Joined: 23-November 06
    Member: 1092
    Country: England

Posted 29 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 27 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

Thanks, glad you like it. As for the red phone, maybe because I don't have one?  X-D
I guess I could paint it like I did Ace the Bathound though....
*beep beep beep*

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 27 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

Stalking BB1!  >:-)
8-|

View Postiamded, on Mar 28 2008, 03:15 AM, said:

cells are cool, the Mad Hatter looks nice in there. I read a comic last night called 'Hitman', and Hitman (a DC character) shot the Mad Hatter in the knee caps for some extra cash. He looked like a leprechaun. X-D
Mad Hatter models himself after the Mad Hatter from Alice In Wonderland. Tommy "Hitman" Monaghan, on the other hand, doesn't.
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#21 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:12 AM

View PostAsuka, on Mar 28 2008, 09:27 AM, said:

What a fine and thoughtful work, the overall design of it just looks smart and very clever. The new prison fits marvelous, and the
incredible amount of very fine details, especially the doughnuts, the two jewels, the piece of clay and the Mad Hatter´re plain cool.
The whole MOC´s just wonderful, very decent in shape and structure, and your Commissioner Gordon and the other MFs fit into it very well.  :'-)   *y*
Thankyou Asuka, very much appreciated, more love for the donuts I see  X-D

View PostGrevious, on Mar 28 2008, 12:44 PM, said:

Batbrick, you have made an amazing MOC. Everything about it is just awesome, from the superdetailed interior to the proportions to the minifigures... I could go on and on.   *wub*

I think the best part is that you've designed it so well that I could actually see TLC doing a kit like this. I'm sure it'd sell well! And I agree, the 2005 Police station is underated. I think the only real flaw is that it is on a rocky baseplate, but I don't think that it would be too hard to move it to a normal one. However, with a design like yours there's no need to do that. ;-)
Thankyou Grevious, I appreciate your comments. I agree about the rocky plate, but I needed it to make it appear higher, and see if I could put it to good use. Thanks again.

View Postiamded, on Mar 28 2008, 02:15 PM, said:

Now for my thorough analysis!
The overall view of this looks great, I love the use of those windows that slope out as they go up, and the detail makes it look all the more better.
The storage room is awesome, it's cool that you included things from characters TLC hasn't yet made, like the Clayface mud. It all looks very neat organised like that too.
The research room looks great too, equipped with all they need, including donuts and coffee. :-D
The reception area is neat, nice job with the tap. And again, the necessary coffee. :-D
The interrogation room is nice, but another seat wouldn't hurt. Unless of course they like to play bad cop, all standing up and intimidating. >:-) Nice touch with the fire extinguisher, is that for 'interrogation' too? >:-) :-P
The cells are cool, the Mad Hatter looks nice in there. I read a comic last night called 'Hitman', and Hitman (a DC character) shot the Mad Hatter in the knee caps for some extra cash. He looked like a leprechaun. X-D Anyway, the removable cell wall is a great touch too.
The temporary evidence room is nice and simple with everything you need, same fo the photography room.
The office looks fantastic, though what's an axe doing in there? 8-| X-D
Little details like the clock adn bin you've pu in the hall make this thing all the more cooler. The outside platform is nice too, for those cops who want to get a bit of air.
The railing on the roof is great, nicely done! I like the Batsignal on the roof, but I thought the cops were against Batman?
Gordon's office is neat, and fits in nicely with the rest of the building, and all the figs are great too.
And now what I've been saving till now: *y* *y* *y*
And yes, that technic piece works great as a donut. :-D
~Peace
Wow! talk about detailed there iamded, thanks bud, I may even consider not stalking you for a while. Yes! You love the donut, I knew it!  X-D
I agree that the interrogation room probably needs another seat, but thanks for giving me a good excuse, the Good Cop Bad Cop routine never fails.
And I guess the fire extinguisher could be used as a bit of "persuasion"  ;-)
The axe is meant to be for emergencies, though I can understand it being a little random.
The cops have been against Batman a lot during his crusade, but for the most part, especially after Year One, Gordon and the police worked with him on many cases (though some did it reluctantly). This relationship has always been mantained in the long run, despite several manhunts and such when Bats has been framed or whatnot.
Thanks again for your comments.  

View PostBrainbox, on Mar 30 2008, 02:58 AM, said:

Mad Hatter models himself after the Mad Hatter from Alice In Wonderland. Tommy "Hitman" Monaghan, on the other hand, doesn't.
Thats just funny  :-D

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#22 BlueBard

BlueBard

    Posts: 2225
    Joined: 21-February 08
    Member: 2796
    Country: Spain

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:34 PM

Even if I'm not specially crazy about City or Batman LEGO I have to say it's an amazing MOC, specially the interior. Great Job!  *wub*

#23 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

    Posts: 2775
    Joined: 14-August 14
    Member: 126882

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:19 AM

Your Mocs never cease to amaze me *wub*

#24 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

View PostBlueBard, on Mar 30 2008, 10:34 PM, said:

Even if I'm not specially crazy about City or Batman LEGO I have to say it's an amazing MOC, specially the interior. Great Job!  *wub*
Thanks very much BlueBard, much appreciated.

View Posthollisbrick, on Apr 6 2008, 05:19 PM, said:

Your Mocs never cease to amaze me *wub*
:-D , thanks again hollisbrick, thankyou for your compliments.

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#25 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!


    Posts: 2514
    Joined: 05-January 07
    Member: 1188
    Country: Canada

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

Very nice, I love what you've done. *y*
"Once, there was only darkness. If you ask me, the light's winning"




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users