Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

EB Pirates Episode 2 - Welcome to Port Paraiso!

Absolutely beautiful ships and scenery, interesting characters, an annoyingly humorous commercial break, a compelling plot, and some damn fine editing! ;-)

Keep up the great work, guys! *sweet*

Squeak, Squeak On! *y*

Great! A HUGE improvement since the last one. A thumbs thumbup.gif up to Captain Green Hair and Tiber. Some great effects, pictures, and best of all: the story!

My favorite scene would be the battle. Thos firing effects are great.

Great work Cap'n Green Plankton! *y*

Are you going to be making a thread with any new ships that you've created? *wub*

Great MOCs and good comic again.

Hopefully the next one will be worth the wait too. :-P

P

Not bad *sweet*

Buuuuuut, despite the need for drama, the British and French were actually very friendly outside of fighting :-P

Sorry!

hg.jpg

Heroes? Pfft...

I will avenge you poor old Captain Hawkins! Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!

Britons never, never, never shall be slaves! ;-)

Anywho, Sweet comic! Look forward to the next one.

(Can you post some images of Mr Tibers Schooner? BTW, the Brition who gets stabbed is supposed to be my Future sig-fig!)

Brilliantly done, guys *wub* Some of the shots are amazing, and the effects look great. The battle was very nice, the ships look great!

Great work, I can't wait to see the next installment *sweet*

well done Captain! and ofcourse Tiber! ;-)

I love the banter between you both when tiber trys to sell more of his pirate merchandise and then you start complaining because he's ruining your shots!

as you always say, jokes in comics are important! :-)

hope to see more soon!

WOW...

That was so awsome *y* *y*.

The photography and lighting is way better than episode I and I just *wub* those effects on that amazing batlle scene.

Action packed, a good story line, Nice little jokes along the way. That's what make a good comic and this ticks all boxes.

Great job guys, I am very much looking forward to the next one!

-Benk

Very nicely done. Those are some excellent ships!

More exciting... I was told Admiral Buress (my sig fig) may be making it into episode III!!

I hope there isn't as big a gap between two and three as there was between one and two!

Happy Easter everyone!

LOL i just thought we could have the Lego Pirates Clone Wars LOL...

Lego would have to win obviously! Those ships are the best i have seen, the decoration and the balcony on the galleon is just wow, if i were to create ships i were proud of they would very closely resemble these. Great story to go with it, but just how does la requin sail off with out its main sail so quickly... Oh wait lego's easier to repair than wood, slaps head for forgetting it was made of lego...

Great Job

A very excellent continuation! With very good pictures a very good and funny story tells stories actual.

I look forward already now to the third part.

Carries on so!

Capt. K.

I found episode 2 to be horrendously entertaining and amusing! When I was reading it I was hoping that it didn't come to a sudden end - and fortunately for me it didn't - I think it was the right length.

I can see a lot of work has been put into this comic and the extra effort has really paid off. The effects like smoke, fire and lens flares really add another dimension to it and I'd commend whoever donated that lens flare plug-in to you X-D

My biggest nitpick would have to be the photography, but only in some shots where the focal point has been placed on the wrong part of the picture. In the below example it should be on the pirate who says "7 vadems, sir!":

ad.jpg

As you can see the focal point is set more towards the middle of the ship, but as there is action and dialogue taking place in the left hand side of the shot, that is where the focus should be.

Great job guys!

I will avenge you poor old Captain Hawkins! Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!

Britons never, never, never shall be slaves! ;-)

Walk on, walk on With hope in your heart! And you'll never walk alone, You'll never walk alone! :-P

Brilliantly done, guys *wub* Some of the shots are amazing, and the effects look great. The battle was very nice, the ships look great!

I second this! *y*

Great job guys! I enjoyed reading this, and appreciate the effort put forth to make such an astounding comic. My favorite part is the battle scenes. I read it through twice and went back through again just to look at the excellent MOCs.

Duke

Well, that was utter crap to read! :-P

Just kidding with ya!, absolutely amazing. you can really see how much work you put in! The effects, the story, the ships and jokes - it all reads and looks terribly, fantastically something, I don't know if there's a word for it

My only comment would be the post fight interaction between the officers. I've already told you but just to reiterate, after fights they were incredibly friendly towards each other. Even going as far as inviting one another to fight and offering their sables for 'good sportsmanship'. I guess I've always liked that gentlemen thing about the age of sail. I don't like Bundy/Errorist - he's mean X-D

Other than that I support Mister Phes' complaint about the focal point being a tad off, though that's merely a small detail which I hadn't even noticed 'till he brought it up.

What I like most about the fight scene is the overall shot from the mast tops. Brilliant! *y*

I can imagine you're not able to put a naval encounter in every episode (cause that would minimise the effect of such scenes) just to entertain us but I most certainly look forward to the next one!

Edited by Hairy Ruben

Thanks everyone for your awesome feedback! *sweet* We really appreciate it.

My only comment would be the post fight interaction between the officers. I've already told you but just to reiterate, after fights they were incredibly friendly towards each other. Even going as far as inviting one another to fight and offering their sables for 'good sportsmanship'. I guess I've always liked that gentlemen thing about the age of sail. I don't like Bundy/Errorist - he's mean X-D

Hmm, I see your point. But there's more unrealistic things in the comic Ruben, haven't you noticed that Hairy Shark? I mean, when was the last time you saw one of those? :-P

Thanks everyone for your awesome feedback! *sweet* We really appreciate it.

Hmm, I see your point. But there's more unrealistic things in the comic Ruben, haven't you noticed that Hairy Shark? I mean, when was the last time you saw one of those? :-P

Why, yesterday! In the bathtub no less! :-P

Thank you very much for all the nice commentes guys! :'-)

I'll try to put the focus in beter next time.

Now as for you British, you shouldn't cry so much. I expect you to take proper measures against my cruel policies... X-D X-D