Jump to content


Interactive Apocalypse Part 4: Where Loyalties Lie


28 replies to this topic

Poll: Choose wisely, but please read post first! (54 member(s) have cast votes)

What to do about Lord Dragonator's deal?

  1. Accept it! He is the most powerful survivor known and a few friends are worth nothing compared to assured safety! (6 votes [11.11%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.11%

  2. Escape to the East! There is another faction own that may help you, and you don't want to lose your only remaining friends! (19 votes [35.19%])

    Percentage of vote: 35.19%

  3. Escape back West, you must reach Sondra and your base first! (23 votes [42.59%])

    Percentage of vote: 42.59%

  4. Accept it, but lie! If you manage to escape, though this path is more dangerous, a vehicle and supplies could be taken! (6 votes [11.11%])

    Percentage of vote: 11.11%

What to use as pegleg?

  1. Wood, its light and quick (34 votes [62.96%])

    Percentage of vote: 62.96%

  2. Metal, slow but tough (4 votes [7.41%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.41%

  3. A gun, slow and awkward, but also deadly (9 votes [16.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.67%

  4. A wheel, now THIS will be awkward... (7 votes [12.96%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:33 AM

Muhaha! Welcome to another episode of Interactive Apocalypse!  *skull*
Posted Image

If you STILL haven't joined in on this fun game, then get off your backside now and look up the exciting previous parts:
The Introduction
Part 1 - Safe Season
Part 1.5 - Strangers
Part 2 - Surviving
Part 2.5 - The Deadzone
Part 3 - Mistakes
Part 3.5 - Captured

Enjoy!

Last time, despite very wise decisions, fate has landed you as a prisoner of Lord Dragonator at one of his outposts:
Posted Image

Poor Sammy the Weaver is now in chains:
Posted Image

And in this new territory a poisonous creature lurks, the Weezlet:
Posted Image

Before being captured, you found a new survivor and love interest, Sondra:
Posted Image

You also got Reginald (before he died) to repair and mod the defense bot:
Posted Image

Unfortunately your teammates have no idea of your whereabouts, and Lord Dragonator just came to visit you, the prisoner. Here he is at the front with the cape:
Posted Image

He likes you, as psychotic as he is he thinks your an entertaining and smart person. Everyone fears Dragonator, all know he is bent on disgusting purist beliefs, that all mutants AND survivors not part of his force must die. But he gives you a deal to think about. He wants you to join his team, torture has already revealed your friend's location, and he says that if you join him, you will not only be assured safety within his ranks, but a very high rank at that. On one condition, you prove your loyalty to him by killing, or as he refers to it - "Cleansing" - Sondra, and Sammy. Your two friends must die to assure loyalty, the Defense Bot becomes his property.

You can either:
a) Accept this offer, you would be given assured safety in the largest survivor network, and an array of might at your disposal.
b) Escape to the East, there is word there of a smaller second survivor faction, which may offer you less safety but better morals and friends.
c) Escape to the West first, you must save your friends before the invasion of Dragonator would begin, you could then begin the long journey to the East.
d) Accept it, but lie, you might escape later with knowledge and supplies. The risk however is great, and comes at the cost of your friends still.

Each option has detractors and good tidings as well, choose carefully!  And just for fun, since this vote is essentially the only plot related vote I can actually cast due to the wildly different outcomes, you get to choose your new pegleg, enjoy!  :-D

Can you survive?
Posted Image

Thanks again to Hinckley for the permission to do this and for dying in it too ( X-D) , Dragonator for letting me make him an evil overlord, iamded for his future appearance, Piranha for his future appearance, and Exobuilder for dying in a way we can only dream of: Being eaten by a nightmarish dragon!

To the Batbrick Cave!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 iamded

iamded

  • Cannot neigh to save his life.


    Posts: 5033
    Joined: 09-January 07
    Member: 1225
    Country: New Zealand!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:52 AM

Hooray! Interactive Apocalypse! *wub* :-D :-D
At first I greatly considered taking Lord Dragonator up on his offer, it would be great to be a high rank in a great organisation.
But, I'm too kind a person, and I can't kill someone who practically shares my name. X-D And you can't kill your girlfriend.
We don't want to take another big risk now do we? Not after last time. So best to play it safe, but still good. I'm sure Sondra and the Defence bot will be fine for now, I vote we head East! I'm looking forward to seeing this other faction, hey, they might even have a guy with a robot arm, you know? Robot arm? Eh? Eh? X-D

As for the leg, well, a wheel would be... just... awesome! :-P No, awkward. As would a gun. You wouldn't want to accidentally blow your other foot off would you? And I don't see why you'd need a metal leg, if it's slow, you can't really kick things very well can you? No, right now you need to head East, and fast. So, wooden leg is my choice.
If only you had someone with a robot arm to give you a cyborg leg, tough, strong and fast! X-D :-P
~Peace


Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.


#3 Inertia

Inertia

  • Rebellious Snot


    Posts: 733
    Joined: 03-February 08
    Member: 2653
    Country: Moonlight

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

Accept, you get benefits!
Hmm... Wood or Metal tough choice.
Another great chapter though! X-D
I Return! I got lost upon the path of Life

Inertiatieri, A Rather DeadCaptain in The Baritones 2!

Hoist the Posted Image colors!!

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic:

Posted Image

Please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#4 Pencoin

Pencoin

    Posts: 2036
    Joined: 06-January 08
    Member: 2415
    Country: England

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

i chose light wood so he can get west quickly so he can save his base
Posted Image
Look into those beautiful eyes, the eyes of a hero. Mata-Nui.

Quote

Stop and Smell the Vorox
You need help to defeat the bone hunters in My LEGO Network? Then please consult my guide! For Bara Magna!
Befriend me here: http://mln.lego.com/...ew/pencoin.aspx You'll get clicks!

Daven Mission Force
.....Coming soon.....
Sneak peak: Here
Click This! Listen to it all the way through.

#5 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4806
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:05 AM

*knight* Comply or be incinerated! >:-)

You must accept the offer. I tell you this because if you don't I will most certainly have you killed and also your friends. This is your warning. *skull*

Now for a look at the options. If you were to agree, then you have guaranteed safety, which is a good thing, and also a great Lord to report to. ;-) Next you can head East. Personally, I would think of this as abandoning your other group, so not necessarily a good choice, and remember, it is only a rumor that this second faction exists. Plus it is less safe, and you are not guaranteed to escape my clutches. >:-) Good side to this though is, of course, that you don't have to kill anyone. The other choice was to head west, and save your friends, then try and get past my many warriors and try to get to an unknown safety in the east. This is probably the most morally right thing to do. However you again first need to escape. Lastly, you can lie, and hope to get away with goods and supplies at the cost of your friends lives, thus also making an enemy of me (then again, options B and C will also make me your enemy... X-D ). I do not like lairs.  >:-(

Now for the unbiased part of my comment.  ;-)

For your leg, a wooden one would be most practical, so that is what I will go for. However, if you ever happen to run into someone who could... upgrade it... then that would be good too.  ;-) Cyborgs ON! :-P The other options, despite being awesome thoughts for legs, do not seem practical.

Great storyline, Batbrick, this is really awesome, and gives some good choices for further development in the plot. I can't wait to see what everyone decides, and to see what you come up with next! *sweet*

EDIT: Out of fairness I will not vote unless I deem it necessary. ;-)

Edited by dragonator, 19 March 2008 - 10:09 AM.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#6 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6244
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

Escape back West, you must reach Sondra and your base first!

Wood is good for now. You must be quick to try and escape. Later, you'll probably have the opportunity to improve it (the weapon option almost had my vote >:-) ).

Keep up the great work, Batbrick *y* .


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#7 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

View Postiamded, on Mar 19 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

Hooray! Interactive Apocalypse! *wub* :-D :-D
At first I greatly considered taking Lord Dragonator up on his offer, it would be great to be a high rank in a great organisation.
But, I'm too kind a person, and I can't kill someone who practically shares my name. X-D And you can't kill your girlfriend.
We don't want to take another big risk now do we? Not after last time. So best to play it safe, but still good. I'm sure Sondra and the Defence bot will be fine for now, I vote we head East! I'm looking forward to seeing this other faction, hey, they might even have a guy with a robot arm, you know? Robot arm? Eh? Eh? X-D

As for the leg, well, a wheel would be... just... awesome! :-P No, awkward. As would a gun. You wouldn't want to accidentally blow your other foot off would you? And I don't see why you'd need a metal leg, if it's slow, you can't really kick things very well can you? No, right now you need to head East, and fast. So, wooden leg is my choice.
If only you had someone with a robot arm to give you a cyborg leg, tough, strong and fast! X-D :-P
~Peace
You're a good person iamded, are you sure thats a good thing though?  >:-)   And yes, we may meet a man with a robot arm!  I'm actually sad you didn't choose a wheel, that would have been.....interesting. Thanks for the compliments!

View Postdragonator, on Mar 19 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

*knight* Comply or be incinerated! >:-)

You must accept the offer. I tell you this because if you don't I will most certainly have you killed and also your friends. This is your warning. *skull*

Now for a look at the options. If you were to agree, then you have guaranteed safety, which is a good thing, and also a great Lord to report to. ;-) Next you can head East. Personally, I would think of this as abandoning your other group, so not necessarily a good choice, and remember, it is only a rumor that this second faction exists. Plus it is less safe, and you are not guaranteed to escape my clutches. >:-) Good side to this though is, of course, that you don't have to kill anyone. The other choice was to head west, and save your friends, then try and get past my many warriors and try to get to an unknown safety in the east. This is probably the most morally right thing to do. However you again first need to escape. Lastly, you can lie, and hope to get away with goods and supplies at the cost of your friends lives, thus also making an enemy of me (then again, options B and C will also make me your enemy... X-D ). I do not like lairs.  >:-(

Now for the unbiased part of my comment.  ;-)

For your leg, a wooden one would be most practical, so that is what I will go for. However, if you ever happen to run into someone who could... upgrade it... then that would be good too.  ;-) Cyborgs ON! :-P The other options, despite being awesome thoughts for legs, do not seem practical.

Great storyline, Batbrick, this is really awesome, and gives some good choices for further development in the plot. I can't wait to see what everyone decides, and to see what you come up with next! *sweet*

EDIT: Out of fairness I will not vote unless I deem it necessary. ;-)
This is just funny, you are so evil, is this my doing?  Thanks for your kind words, I'm trying to move the story forward, you'll be seeing some big things soon!

View PostLuxorV, on Mar 19 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

Escape back West, you must reach Sondra and your base first!

Wood is good for now. You must be quick to try and escape. Later, you'll probably have the opportunity to improve it (the weapon option almost had my vote >:-) ).

Keep up the great work, Batbrick *y* .
Thanks luxorV, good choices!

To the Batbrick Cave!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#8 Asuka

Asuka

  • Pictural Poet


    Posts: 6658
    Joined: 19-June 06
    Member: 816
    Country: Schnitzelland

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

I hope you´ll manage to escape and reach your friends just in time to safe her lives from that maniacal Lord Dragonator,
and a gun leg could become very helpful indeed.... yeah, Planet PA on!  *skull*   X-D

#9 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6244
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 19 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

Thanks luxorV, good choices!
I guess only time (and your plot) will show how good they were (give they get the top votes, that is 8-| ) ;-) .

Chapter 4.5 ON *y* !


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#10 iamded

iamded

  • Cannot neigh to save his life.


    Posts: 5033
    Joined: 09-January 07
    Member: 1225
    Country: New Zealand!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

Out of curiosity, have you ever heard of a movie called "Planet Terror"? Why do I ask? Well:
Posted Image
:-P
~Peace


Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.


#11 Clonecommando007

Clonecommando007

    Posts: 401
    Joined: 27-November 07
    Member: 2232
    Country: America

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

This guy captured and tortured you.  You can't join him!  Accept it, then go back and claim the girlie and escape to the east!

#12 Piranha

Piranha

  • Tag! You're it


    Posts: 4377
    Joined: 07-April 07
    Member: 1506
    Country: USA

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:33 PM

Escape! Lord Dragonator is crazy! Besides who has a pet penguin anyway?  :-D
The direction you should go is east where the new faction lies(hopefully) There you will meet a mutant and a cyborg who are perfect for you! Take sammy and the defense bot with you and abandon your girlfriend and old base  >:-)
Change is good after all!

For a new limb I would say a cybernetic limb but that's not an option
So wooden is best, although steel is better, perhaps a lighter steel like titanium?
If not wood is prefect *sweet*

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
  


#13 idontknow877

idontknow877

    Posts: 36
    Joined: 27-January 07
    Member: 1305
    Country: golden city

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:53 PM

I was going to say to accept and then escape with dragonators stuff, but then if he got you he'd kill you in a inhumane and gruesome way. That's not good at all. Then I voted to make an escape to the east, the only problem is that this fraction may not exist and that dragonator could get you first. But it may lead up to a huge battle. Also make your peg leg out of wood. a gun and wheel would be weird,and if you are escaping you may need to run. A robotic leg won't work for that. This is great batbrick can't wait for 4.5

#14 SupremeCommmanderGrievous

SupremeCommmanderGrievous

    Posts: 294
    Joined: 31-August 07
    Member: 1932

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

I decided to vote to go west and rescue your teammates, and get a wooden leg, you can upgrade to a gun once you do not have an angry army after you, and speed is less important than firepower.
My LEGO Star Wars Brickfilm: Jedi Hunters [Edit] 2 million views on YouTube. Wahoo!

Posted Image

#15 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

View Postiamded, on Mar 20 2008, 08:13 AM, said:

Out of curiosity, have you ever heard of a movie called "Planet Terror"? Why do I ask? Well:
Posted Image
:-P
~Peace
Hehe, caught me  :-$

To the Batbrick Cave!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#16 Scouty

Scouty

  • [not worthy of classic film title]


    Posts: 7900
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 863

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:48 PM

Get a wood pegleg, arrr *pirate* . Feel like a pirate and you can practically, if your current one becomes rotten, carve out a new one with more wood. How wonderful!

Escape to the East! Your friends are sooo much better than these egomaniacs!
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#17 Commander Andrew of 501 st

Commander Andrew of 501 st

    Posts: 489
    Joined: 05-August 07
    Member: 1858
    Country: USA

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:33 AM

I chose wooden pegleg and west to go get your girl *sweet*
this is a great story line going on so far Batbrick *y*  *wub*

Bionicle Winter 2009 Sets:Gladitorian: 3/6 Agori: 1/6 Titans: 1/2
Back into Starwars theme
Power Miners is meh
Pirates RRRRrrr! all good

My Flickr

#18 zero1312

zero1312

  • Devilish Crap!!!!!


    Posts: 3161
    Joined: 19-March 07
    Member: 1455
    Country: Germany

Posted 20 March 2008 - 02:33 AM

Just take something metal and escape to the west. ;-)
This got to be the best post-apoc story yet!!!! *wub*
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!!
If my fate is to be destroyed................ I must simply laugh!!!


MOCpages:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/99432

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

  • Mr. Nosey Optomistriac


    Posts: 2694
    Joined: 08-September 07
    Member: 1951
    Country: Australia

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

I voted for the wood and to escape to the east! Once again another great chapter *y*  hmm but why a wheel? *wacko*  X-D Apocalypse on!!!
Come and join

http://aussielegofans.forummotion.com/

2009 wishlist:
what ever i can get my grubby hands on =P
Brickshelf
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=296975

#20 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4806
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

View PostBatbrick, on Mar 20 2008, 09:44 AM, said:

This is just funny, you are so evil, is this my doing?  Thanks for your kind words, I'm trying to move the story forward, you'll be seeing some big things soon!
I try my best. :-$  >:-) I think you may have had an influence on me, I can't seem to control my need to cleanse the world of worthless people... 8-|

Looking forward to seeing these big things!

View PostClonecommando007, on Mar 20 2008, 10:23 AM, said:

This guy captured and tortured you.  You can't join him!  Accept it, then go back and claim the girlie and escape to the east!
Torture? What torture? Who said anything about torture? Why don't you come on down to my headquarters and I will explain the difference between torture and... forced questioning.  ;-)

View PostPiranha, on Mar 20 2008, 10:33 AM, said:

Escape! Lord Dragonator is crazy! Besides who has a pet penguin anyway?  :-D
Crazy! Why do I feel that barely anyone is supporting me? And what's wrong with my penguin? We'll see who's laughing, when I rule the world! Muhahaha! >:-)

Did I take that to far?... 8-|  :-D

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#21 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

View Postdragonator, on Mar 21 2008, 08:25 AM, said:

Did I take that to far?... 8-|  :-D
No by all means convince them!  I think they realise this time though, that the choice they are making is not a logical one but a moral one. Thats why I like this poll, its: Be safe and powerful, or keep your humanity. In this case, its no longer just making a choice to survive  *skull*

And your Pet Penguin is cool, but wait till you see your other pet.....

To the Batbrick Cave!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#22 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4806
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:53 PM

Another pet! I  *wub* surprises! I really can't wait to see what you have come up with. X-D


As I see it you have two choices, people of EB.

1. Accept the deal or

2. Make a terrible enemy and be sentenced to death by penguin! >:-)  :-P

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#23 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!


    Posts: 2514
    Joined: 05-January 07
    Member: 1188
    Country: Canada

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

Escape to the east on a wooden peg leg.
Quick! Defend your breakfast choice!CLICK
Posted Image
My "Pirates in the Snow" Series: Part One~Part Two~Part Three
Follow my new LDD Castle series: Church~Butcher Shop~Soldier's Pub~Blockhouse
Is it just a coincidence that Grand Theft Auto and the Greater Toronto Area use the same initials? :-p
My Brickshelf Posted Image<---Thanks Joey!

#24 Trexxen

Trexxen

    Posts: 588
    Joined: 08-October 07
    Member: 2060
    Country: USA

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

There IS a problem with the wooden peg-leg, guys...what if it snaps?  *skull*

(by the way, I voted escape to the east and wooden peg leg anyways =P Not like the wheel's going to win...T.T)

~Trexxen
Back from Hiatus! =D
"All you little 'superheroes', fall short without all them 'zeroes'; a pie in the sky is your brave new world..." - Sonata Arctica, Zeroes

#25 Lord Of Pies

Lord Of Pies

  • Official Pirate Set Reviewer, who's back into pirates!


    Posts: 1726
    Joined: 13-October 07
    Member: 2085
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

I voted for a wooden leg and to go east. May I say that I love that tower you built Batbrick!
Are you hasty for a tasty pastry?



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users