Batcave & Wayne manor

20 replies to this topic

#1 BaronSat

BaronSat

Member: 928

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

Hello,

I have put on line some photos of my last Batman model : the Batcave with Wayne manor.

Posted Image

The others can been seen on my website.

Tell me what you think.

BaronSat
Custom Lego models gallery & shop
www.baronsat.net

BaronSat Flickr Album

#2 Ronan Nissen

Ronan Nissen

Member: 1953

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

WOW!

#3 Pencoin

Pencoin

Member: 2415

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

its ok but the layouts not to good as the bat cave is under wayne manyor and that is lookin pretty bare right now
whers the winston?
Posted Image
Look into those beautiful eyes, the eyes of a hero. Mata-Nui.

Stop and Smell the Vorox
You need help to defeat the bone hunters in My LEGO Network? Then please consult my guide! For Bara Magna!
Befriend me here: http://mln.lego.com/...ew/pencoin.aspx You'll get clicks!

Daven Mission Force
.....Coming soon.....
Sneak peak: Here
Click This! Listen to it all the way through.

#4 wulf

wulf

Member: 2361

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

I have to agree with Pencoin,is that an elavator in the middle of the house?

Edited by wulf, 18 March 2008 - 12:01 AM.

~Wulf's brickshelf~ ~sincerely Wulf the saxon~      see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:

Click on link to see and comment now!lego space comic And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#5 ???theriddler???

???theriddler???

Member: 1675

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

That's really cool made!
When Is The Villain, Not The Villain?

#6 ExoBuilder

ExoBuilder

• Come mister tally man, tally me sales!

Member: 1463

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

It's good to see you around BaronSat!

You've truly outdone yourself once again! I like your model alot better than TLCs *y*

*sweet*

#7 BaronSat

BaronSat

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

View PostExobuilder, on Mar 17 2008, 05:28 PM, said:

It's good to see you around BaronSat!

You've truly outdone yourself once again! I like your model alot better than TLCs *y*

*sweet*

Thanks guys. I'm always pleased to be here.

BTW I forgot to say that if you have any question...

And yes it's an elevator in the center of the manor.
www.baronsat.net

BaronSat Flickr Album

#8 Bobskink

Bobskink

• Gumbear Commander

Member: 1925

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

looks very good, this would be a set I would buy.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Tacitus

Tacitus

Member: 2880

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

View PostBaronSat, on Mar 17 2008, 06:29 AM, said:

Hello,

I have put on line some photos of my last Batman model : the Batcave with Wayne manor.

Posted Image

The others can been seen on my website.

Tell me what you think.

BaronSat

I think it is certainly an improvement over the official Batcave set, which wasn't so much a cave as a set of platforms.  Your MOC makes it look like a cave environment.  The sewer tunnel looks great, as does the Bat-computer above it.  Does the tunnel fit any of the water vehicles?
My only two criticisms would be that the dinosaur, although fun, looks like an after-thought, and the inclusion of the Wayne Manor facade breaks up the cohesion of the cave modules.  When the two cave modules are linked together (as on your website), and the Manor is absent, it looks much cooler.  Maybe build up the Manor as a separate stand alone set?

Tacitus.

#10 jedikermit

jedikermit

• Muppet Man

Member: 2077

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

I like it a lot.  I do wish the front of it was more than just a facade, but it is a beautiful front for the manor.  I don't have a problem with the manor being front of the cave instead of on top of it--just wish there was a little more to the manor.  

Great job--I love the detail you've worked into it.

And where'd you get the Joker card at?
Check out my CUUSOO Proposals:  Superman's Fortress of Solitude and The Muppets!

#11 BaronSat

BaronSat

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:23 PM

View PostTacitus, on Mar 17 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

... Does the tunnel fit any of the water vehicles?
My only two criticisms would be that the dinosaur, although fun, looks like an after-thought....

Tacitus.
Honestly I didn't had any try as I had no offical model build around at that moment. The size is 16 studs wide (at the maximum) and 7 bricks high, does it help?
The dinosaur wasn't an after-thought, since the begining I wanted to place one. But it's a bit big and I didn't want it to take too much room.

View Postjedikermit, on Mar 17 2008, 08:02 PM, said:

... I do wish the front of it was more than just a facade, but it is a beautiful front for the manor.  I don't have a problem with the manor being front of the cave instead of on top of it--just wish there was a little more to the manor so I placed it at the bottom.

And where'd you get the Joker card at?

I wishes the manor would have been larger too, but as it is a model I built for a customer it had to fit the budget.
The Joker card is a custom sticker, made from various designs I found in comics. It is applied on a 6 x 4 plate.
www.baronsat.net

BaronSat Flickr Album

#12 Belloq

Belloq

• Help! It's Stuck in There!

Member: 2193

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

View PostBaronSat, on Mar 17 2008, 07:23 PM, said:

Honestly I didn't had any try as I had no offical model build around at that moment. The size is 16 studs wide (at the maximum) and 7 bricks high, does it help?
The dinosaur wasn't an after-thought, since the begining I wanted to place one. But it's a bit big and I didn't want it to take too much room.

I wishes the manor would have been larger too, but as it is a model I built for a customer it had to fit the budget.
The Joker card is a custom sticker, made from various designs I found in comics. It is applied on a 6 x 4 plate.

I gotta be honest with you, the set looks okay, it actually looks more like a playset than a MOC  :-/
Anyway, I like the joker card, the water tunnel and parts of the computer area, but the rest looks a bit, I dunno,wierd. Sorry if I seem a bit vague, nice try though.

I'll tell you what George's problem was when writing this film. He was so preoccupied with whether or not he could…he didn’t stop to think if he should. That’s…that’s chaos.
^Someone on A few scenes in Indy 4

The moral of Indy is... "Don't get in a swordfight with a Russian chick while hightailing it through the South African jungle while your mom is driving the truck because she will look away from the nonexistent road to criticize your footwork and accidentally cause some oddly bulbous jungle flora to whack you repeatedly right in the junk."
^What some of us learned from Indy 4 (which I did enjoy, I but thought the post above was hilarious)

Apparently Rachel Dawes was also using cheap parlor tricks to hide her true identity in Batman Begins.
^An explanation as to why a different actress was cast in The Dark Knight.

"Indiana Jones and The Temple of Shame" :P

#13 LegoLyons

LegoLyons

Member: 2800

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

View PostBelloq, on Mar 17 2008, 07:28 PM, said:

I gotta be honest with you, the set looks okay, it actually looks more like a playset than a MOC  :-/
Anyway, I like the joker card, the water tunnel and parts of the computer area, but the rest looks a bit, I dunno,wierd. Sorry if I seem a bit vague, nice try though.

I agree.  Something just does not look right.  The sewer tunnel looks brilliant though.

#14 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

Simply brilliant BaronSat, I would easily buy this!  I love how modular it is, great job in including the mechanical dinosaur and giant Joker card, I love that custom decal. Is the giant penny there too? I can't tell. Anyway, I love the Gotham sewers, and Wayne Manor looks superb!   :'-)     I simply love the modularity, you've created a fine set up there!  And you've proven that Wayne Manor doesn't have to be massive to be great!

To the Bricksignal!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#15 wulf

wulf

Member: 2361

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

I like the idea of puting an elevator in the house ,but not in the middle of the house.
~Wulf's brickshelf~ ~sincerely Wulf the saxon~      see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:

Click on link to see and comment now!lego space comic And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

#16 hollisbrick

hollisbrick

Member: 126882

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:58 AM

OMG!!! that is awsome!! definately better than the real one! *y* great job i *wub* your Mocs!

#17 The Penguin

The Penguin

• Vodka, Caviar, and Bears on Unicycles!

Member: 2465

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:46 PM

Absolutely wonderful!  *sweet*
Though I think a bigger Manor would have been better, but it's great anyway! )  *y*

#18 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

A very smooth and cool work indeed, everything just looks pretty fine, very playable and well thought-out.  *y*
All the neat details like the Batcomputer and that sewer´re really clever and distinct, and the facade of Wayne Manor
looks very good too. Only the ramp don´t line up with the vehicle dock, and perhaps the (very smart) swiveling wall
piece looks a bit bland.... maybe a swiveling piece of furniture would look better....  8-|

#19 BaronSat

BaronSat

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

Thanks to you all for your many and detailled answers.

To answer many people at the same time (remember I'm a lazy guy  ;-) ) yes, my model looks like a playset and it is intentionnal. I wanted to have something simple and even naive, something that could be a mix of modern and vintage playsets.

It seems many of you like the sewers and I like it a lot too, don't know why? When I look at it I feel very Kowabunga...  :-D
www.baronsat.net

BaronSat Flickr Album

#20 Millacol88

Millacol88

• Pokey

Member: 2723

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

It looks pretty cool but like other people have said, isn't the batcave under wayne manor? Still, good job, nice MOC.

#21 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Awesome! *y*
Quick! Defend your breakfast choice!CLICK
Posted Image
My "Pirates in the Snow" Series: Part One~Part Two~Part Three
Follow my new LDD Castle series: Church~Butcher Shop~Soldier's Pub~Blockhouse
Is it just a coincidence that Grand Theft Auto and the Greater Toronto Area use the same initials? :-p
My Brickshelf Posted Image<---Thanks Joey!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users