Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Mephistopheles and Steamstung

indexed.gif

OK, this is the last batch, as the contest closes today...

I stupidly told myself that I'd match everyone on EB in quantity, if not quality; DP8 and Dr. S were no problem, but Sir Nadroj kept churning them out, so I had to follow suit, although I ran out of steam ( :-P ) by the time he had built the I-phonograph, so I only did 4 |-/

But here's the Mephistopheles, flown by Capt. Jas Matthew ;-)

128.jpg129.jpg

I got kinda lucky with the Bionicle canister lid (?) - I found it in the street back in 2003 and have never used it until now X-D <insert that tiresome argument> on!

New steam; I don't know if you like this, but I think it goes quite well...

130.jpg131.jpg

Capt. Jas Matthew...

132.jpg

49 Pieces.

133.jpg

And the Steamstung...

I kept telling myself I wouldn't do something like this, but I did X-O

steamstung1.jpg

steamstung2.jpg

steamstung3.jpg

35 Pieces.

steamstung4.jpg

Which of my 4 do you think is best? -

- Elliecopter

- Skulchuggery

- Mephistopheles

- Steamstung

And do I stand a chance of winning something? Other entries...

*sweet* Enjoy!

Damn you, you little megablocks-head! :-P I just saw this on Brickshelf and PMed you about it. Oh, I'll just re-post my PM here...

:-P :-P :-P

Damn you! I am sitting here with the same wheel configuration that you used in that entry and I thought I was so clever. Whenever I build something, I get this panicky feeling like, hurry up before someone else comes up with it and I'm usually just paranoid but this time, you beat me to it! :-D :-D :-D So, now I see my panicky feeling is justified. I need to build faster. I actually had the same feeling before the first episode of Fabuland Housewives. Could you imagine? :-D I doubt anyone else had that in mind. :-|

Oh, I can't believe it. And you built it better too. |-/ Well, anyway...it's an awesome entry. I really like it. You're very clever and an inspiration to me... :'-) I think I really might love you.

*wub* 8-| Is that creepy?

That's the end of the PM. Wow, the balloon is awesome too. Inside out tires, huh? What do you want? The clever award? Fine, you win! |-/ You're awesome. Please build more and show us. Thank you. *sweet* *y*

Those are wicked cool! I love the wooden wheel inside the tire on the hot-air balloon, Mephistopheles. *y* The bike is awesome as well, I love all the creative and ingenious uses of pieces and such, you are one great builder! 8-

Those are awesome! *wub* Great work SlyOwl, you really are thinking outside the box with these! Great how you used inside-out tires, that is very effective. The Steamstung is awesome too, ingenious way of doing the wheels (to bad Hinckley :-P ).

I want to see more! *sing*

Congratulations on placing Third on your Steamstung!!

Congratulations placing Sixth on your Elliecopter!

Great entries! *sweet*